Today was the last day of our gospel trip and we could truly testify that the Lord has blessed this trip and answered many of our prayers. Just to give a summary of what the Lord has blessed us with
In Jackson, MS, there were two days of BfA tabling at Walmart (Flowood and Madison locations), as well as three days of hanging door-hangers advertising the ministry radio station (100.1 WIWT). Summary stats are as follows:
- 97 Bibles given
- 65 contacts filled out contact cards
- 62 ministry books given
- ~2,600 flyers given away during BfA distributions
- ~4,000 door-hangers/flyers placed on doors throughout the neighborhoods near Jackson, MS.
In Birmingham, AL we spent a week laboring on the University of Alabama at Birmingham campus. There were two days of tabling in campus. Summary stats are as follows:
- 31 students gave their contact information during tabling
- 13 appointments with students, with 1 more scheduled next week
- 9 students joining the Bible study
- 2 students came for the first time in the home meeting (a total of 9 students came including these 2)
- We also hung around 150 door-hangers advertising the ministry radio station (WFYN 93.3).
In Hattiesburg, MS we placed around 1,280 BfA flyers on doors near the University of Southern Mississippi.
We can really testify that the Lord is doing something here in Mississippi and Alabama. We are also really burdened that all those we contacted would not be lost, but would all be shepherded into the church life. Thank you so much for all of your prayers saints! Grace be with all of you. Praise the Lord for what He accomplished these two weeks!
- That all those whom we contacted in Alabama and Mississippi, especially the students, would be shepherded into the church life and that many would be remaining fruit.
- That the Lord will continue to abundantly supply all the saints standing for His testimony in Alabama and Mississippi, and that He would preserve and sanctify all the young people and children here for His purpose.
- That the saints would be supplied to have a gospel living and for the formation of the vital groups.
Today, we just arrived in Hattiesburg, MS. Located in this city is the University of Southern Mississippi, the third largest university in this state. We are thrilled to be with the saints that live here and their warm welcome has made us feel at home already. There are three families that live here and their testimonies have been so encouraging. Their lives have been that of the altar and the tent, following the Lord wherever He led them until they arrived in this city. The first family that moved here has been here for more than seven years. At first it was not easy because they were the only saints living in this area, and they were also relatively new in the church life at that time. Nevertheless, they continued steadfastly standing for the Lord’s testimony and pursuing the ministry. They even opened their home right away for the home meetings. Now, there are more than 10 saints in this city, standing together as the Lord’s testimony. The burden is that the Lord would eventually establish a lampstand in Hattiesburg, and that there would be remaining fruit from the campus and the community.
We hung close to 1,200 BfA flyers in different apartments near the main university. This was the first time that the saints here have done something like this and we can testify that there was much enjoyment of the Lord as we all labored together. It was encouraging to see many of the young people and children joining us during this time. May many USM students order Bibles and be filled with God’s word!
- That the families here (three of them) would be built up together and that the Lord would continually supply them as they stand for His testimony here in Hattiesburg, MS
- That the Lord would gain remaining fruit in Hattiesburg, MS and that there would be a lampstand in this city
- That the Lord would bless the homes where we hung a flyer and that many would order a RcV Bible
We thank the Lord for what He has done this past week here in Birmingham, AL! Our time here has come to an end, but we surely know that the Lord will continue moving not only here in this cit, but also throughout the entire earth. This morning we had a conference video-call with the serving ones in Knoxville, Atlanta, Tallahassee, and Gainesville. We spent an hour fellowshipping and praying for the work in each place. We could testify that in this conference call, all of us were being built-up as one team. The fellowship watered us and was a time of mutual encouragement and support through prayer. Praise the Lord that He is moving in all of these places!
For the rest of the afternoon, we spent time fellowshipping and singing, and then rested before the home meeting. In the evening, we were split into two home meetings. Praise the Lord that in one of the home meetings two new students came! We could testify that both students reacted very positively and really enjoyed the time. At the end of the home meeting, the registration to the college conference was announced and one of the new ones expressed interest in joining, even asking more information about the conference. May the Lord continue to gain these open ones!
Thank you so much for all of your prayers. Truly, we could testify that the Lord has been answering them.
- That the Lord would break through all the barriers, that the new ones will continue to be open to meeting up with the saints (in appointments, Bible studies and home meetings).
- That the Lord will release many students to join the Southeast College Conference this coming March!
- That the Lord will bless our door-hanging tomorrow near the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg.
Today the team joined the Bible study at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Praise the Lord for His rich blessing! Around seven students came, some coming for the first time. We had a wonderful time learning that the Bible shows God’s transcendent love for man and that this love has an issue and result. After the Bible study, the sisters had two appointments with new ones. Both appointments were very positive! Then the whole team proceeded to hang door-hangers advertising the radio station, which broadcasts the life-study. May the ministry spread in this city!
- That the student contacts, especially those who have met with us in appointments and the Bible study, would keep meeting with the saints and would find a home in the church life.
- That many student contacts will attend the home meetings tomorrow and be cherished and nourished.
- That the Lord will bless all the homes where we hung door-hangers, and that many
Today, we had another day of tabling at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)! Although we had less people signing up at the table, a total of 5 gave us their contact information, most of the trainees had an appointment today with the ones whom we contacted on Monday. The Lord has truly blessed us! Just today, we had 4 appointments with those whom we met on Monday, with around 3 more planned appointments for the rest of the week. This is all from one day of tabling and reaching out to students.
The appointments today were all very positive, and we really saw how seeking these students are. One particular student shared how she wants to put the Lord at the center of her life and how she always practices to tell the Lord whatever is on her heart. Two of them also expressed interest to join the home meeting this friday!
Our evening ended by fighting for all of these students at the prayer meeting. The saints exercised to pray for the ones whom we had contacted and the ones who are currently being contacted.
- Pray for the release of the students so that some could come to the Bible study tomorrow and the home meeting this Friday.
- That Christ will be revealed in them by the Word becoming living and operative in them.
- Pray for the Bible study tomorrow; for the Word, for the speaking, and for the ones attending.
Today, the brothers accompanied a local full-timer to two appointments with college students. Our time was spent getting to know them and talking about their daily activities. After that, we read the Word (John 14 and Psalm 119 respectively) and talked about our enjoyment of what we read. While we were with them, we realized that they are truly seeking to get to know the Bible not just in a superficial way but in a deep way. We need to pray that their spirit will be enlivened to get the Rhema out of the Logos.
As the brothers were doing this, the sisters spent time texting student contacts obtained from yesterday’s tabling and also hung door-hangers advertising the ministry radio station in the nearby neighborhood. Praise the Lord that among the sisters’ contacts, three have already agreed to meet-up with the sisters for appointments later this week!
Finally, in the evening time we joined the children’s service coordination meeting. We were deeply touched because the saints are burdened for the children to know the stories from the Bible and to develop in their character. It was discussed in the meeting that for the next few weeks they will be sharing on the stories of Joseph with the children. May the Lord sanctify all these young ones for His purpose.
- That the Lord will bless all the appointments with the new ones in UAB this week and release many more replies from the contacts from the tabling
- That the children in Birmingham, AL will be sanctified by the Lord for His purpose and that He would bless all the children’s meetings
- That the Lord will bless the tabling at UAB tomorrow and that many students will attend the Bible study on Thursday
We praise the Lord for our third day here in Birmingham, AL. The time here has been of much enjoyment and refreshment for both the local saints and us. Our Monday started with our corporate enjoyment of the Lord in the morning and then coordinating for our time on the campus.
We tabled today at one of the buildings at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). While we were there, we sang, talked to the students, passed some tracts to them, and encouraged them to sign-up with their contact information, so that we could invite them to Bible studies. At the beginning of our time, it was a bit hard to give away flyers, but after some time, we lost our faces and the Lord had a breakthrough and we were able to have 26 students sign-up with their contact information. Out of those people, three confirmed that they want to meet with us again this week! We even had one student receive a Mystery of Human Life tract, who went back to the table asking us to explain it more to him. We explained it and he prayed with us. Praise the Lord!
During the evening time, we had a wonderful time at the home meeting. We mutually enjoyed the Lord by singing, pray-reading, and enjoying a portion of the ministry. How pleasant it is to dwell the saints in unity and harmony!
- That the Lord would release appointments with the 26 students who signed-up and that they would attend the Bible study on Thursday, February 7
- That the Lord would keep blessing all the corporate gatherings and home meetings among the saints here in Birmingham, AL
- That the Lord would clothe all the trainees and local saints with the Spirit of power as we continue to labor on the campus
We have received an update from the saints in Jackson. This update is about the stats of our labor during our time there. As we have said in our previous email, we distributed flyers, Bible literature and door hangers around the city of Jackson. Here are the stats:
- Door hangers: we passed 4,000 door hangers
- The New Testament Recovery Version Flyers: 2,686
- Actual NT RcV: 97
- People who requested further contact: 6
- People who filled a card for a bible or literature: 65
- Distributed literature: 62
We praised our dear Lord for His mercy and His grace during our time in Jackson! And thank you all for your prayers, they have sustained us.
We thank the Lord that we are now on the second part of our gospel trip, which is here in Birmingham, AL.
Today, we had a wonderful time blending with the local saints in Alabama. We first toured the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa and then traveled to Birmingham. At Birmingham, we blended with the saints over a love feast. We had a time of singing, eating and getting to know each other. We look forward to more blending this upcoming week. Moreover, we are eager to dive into the work that the saints are carrying out here. The main burden for this week would be to gain college students from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. So, this upcoming week we will spent most of our time being with the saints on campus. May we be channels of life so that the Lord can pass through us.
- That the Lord will continue to strengthen and blend together all the saints in Birmingham, Alabama.
- That the Lord will bless the campus work at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and gain much remaining fruit.
Today, we had a day full of planting gospel seeds all over Madison, Mississippi. In the past few days, we hung around 3,500 door-hangers with information on the church’s radio station, as well as on how to get a free Recovery Version Bible by going to the BfA website. The Lord supplied us richly in our going out, we had a good pace, ran out of door-hangers (it was not expected that our pace would be so fast, a good “problem” to have) and improvised by sticking flyers in the doors instead of using door-hangers.
Today, we even heard news that three people called the office asking to receive a Bible in Spanish. These ones were from a neighborhood where we hung door-hangers yesterday. The saints were really happy to receive this good news! It was not expected to see responses so soon.
In the evening, the trainees attended a home meeting where we read The All-inclusive Christ. One of the two new sisters (mentioned in the previous emails), that we were praying for came! Although she is still adjusting to the way we meet, she is having a great time with the saints. She confessed that she can feel the Spirit moving in her and her sister. We encouraged her to keep coming to the meetings and to be open to the filling of the Lord.
- That the Lord will bless our Bible distribution tomorrow at Walmart, Madison.
- That these three people who called to receive a Bible would be watered by reading the Word and would be able to meet the saints. Also, that many more recipients of the door-hangers and flyers would call.
- Please keep praying for two new ones. That they will feel at home with us and that they will have a smooth transition to this new type of church life.
As we come to the middle of this first week, we desperately look to the Lord for His strength and supply. Today, we continue labor distribution of door hangers in the neighborhood. It has been an enjoyment going neighborhood by neighborhood petitioning before the Lord about all these ones whom we have left a tract at their door. As we sow, we ask the real Farmer to rain upon those whom He wants to give life by stirring in them a curiosity to listen to the broadcast radio here in Jackson. Also, we have very much enjoyed the blending and coordination with the saints here in Jackson. May our Dear King receive all the glory for what He will do in this city!
We have distributed a little bit over 3,000 door hangers. We have passed close to 1000 New Testament Recovery Version flyers to the locals.
- Once again, please keep praying for the upcoming Bible distribution at Walmart.
- Pray for the reminder of our week here in Jackson, that He will gain what He is after.
Today was a day spent with much blending with the Mississippi saints. We spent the day visiting Vicksburg National Military Park and then had a rich fellowship over dinner in the homes. It really touched me that even as we are doing all these outward things, the Lord is in fact building us up together at the same time. We mentioned in a previous update that there were two local sisters who met in the Recovery for the first time last Lord’s Day. Tonight they had dinner with a local couple, and we heard that the time went well. With this in view, we would like to share the following prayer burdens:
- That these two local sister contacts would continue to be open to meeting with the saints in the recovery and that they would be remaining fruit.
- That the Lord will continue to blend us and build us up with the local Mississippi saints.
- That the Lord will bless the gospel activity tomorrow, during which we will be hanging door-hangers advertising the ministry radio station.
We are thankful with the Lord for all of what He has done for us in these past few days. The caring and the shepherding of the saints in Jackson has been wonderful. As the days go by our blending with them gets sweeter and our fellowship richer. We, as always, open ourselves to the Lord so that our capacity will be enlarged to bear in prayer all these wonderful saints.
Our morning was spent by enjoying the Lord with singing, praying and getting into the ministry. The Lord used this time to supply us and energize us for the rest of the busy day ahead. After this time of coordination, we went around several neighborhoods in the cities in the Jackson area, hanging door-hangers that advertise the radio station WIWT 100.1 broadcasting the ministry (life-study messages, hymns, BfA podcasts). We spent around an hour and a half doing this, had lunch together with the saints, and continued hanging door-hangers for three more hours. As the evening started to make its way, we were invited to various homes where we spent the rest of our night with the local saints. As a result of this blending over dinner, these families have been written in our heart.
We thank our dear Lord Jesus for today!
- That the Lord will shepherd, grow in, preserve, and sanctify all the local saints and families in Jackson for His purpose, and that they would take the Lord’s transcending life to meet any situation.
- That the Lord will bless each home where we hanged a door-hanger, and that the occupants of these homes would tune in to the radio station broadcasting the ministry.
Today, we had the Lord’s Table meeting, prophesying meeting, and truth pursuit meeting with the saints in Jackson, MS. Praise the Lord, three new ones came to the meetings today! Among the three new ones, two were college students. Although this was their very first meeting, one of them shared and prayed in the table meeting and they both were smiling, very attentive to the sharing of the saints, and seemed to really enjoy the meetings. Now, they have been invited to a Thursday home meeting, which they have agreed to come. We are really excited and praying to the Lord that they would take the time to come and enjoy the Lord with us.
We heard from a local saint that one of the contacts who signed up at our table is willing to come and join us this Thursday at the home meeting. We are also praying for her and that she will be released from her schedule.
Tomorrow, Monday, we are scheduled to pass out door hangers around a neighborhood nearby the Jackson meeting hall. We hope that these door hangers will have a way to get into the homes of the truly seeking ones.
- That the Lord will bless our sowing time during Monday at this neighborhood
- That the Lord will release and bring these three new ones to the Thursday home meeting
Our Saturday, January 26, was spent passing out flyers, with information on the Recovery Version, the Recovery Version Bible and several ministry books, to customers in the Walmart store at Flowood, MS. Our objective was twofold:
- To have a great conversation with individuals, so that we would get to know them, obtain their contact information, and hopefully have another appointment with them
- To get the truth into their hands.
We could testify that the Lord really blessed this time. Despite most people being very busy and many saying that they were not interested because they already have Bibles, the majority still accepted the flyers and several actually came to the tables, gave their contact information, and received a free copy. At the end of the day we went to the young people’s meeting. It was refreshing and encouraging to see all these young ones go on in the Lord. The topic was on training, and it was very timely that the trainees were there to share something about the training.
- We had 31 contacts who gave their contact information and were interested to receive a Bible
- We passed out around 800 flyers and hundreds of small cards with information on the radio station
- We also passed out a few copies of booklets and books such as The All-inclusive Christ, The Glorious Church, and Basic Elements of the Christian Life, vol. 1,2,3.
- Pray for all the 31 contacts we had and their receiving of the NT Recovery Version.
- Pray for the four new ones attending the truth pursuit and prophesying meeting tomorrow morning.
- Pray for the young people and their going on.
We have arrived in Jackson, MS! We praise the Lord for this opportunity to blend and serve with the saints in this side of the country. Our first day was mainly filled with getting to know the saints. During the latter part of our day we did an inventory for a BfA distribution that will take place this Friday (Jan. 26). We are trusting in the Lord that He will be the one speaking through us and all of the local saints. The locals in Mississippi are known for their knowledge of the Word. So we ask the Lord for His mercy when we speak the high gospel.
During the evening time, we joined the Chinese-speaking saints for a small home meeting/gospel dinner. Four new ones attended and the trainees and local saints were able to testify of their experiences and enjoyment of Christ. There was a very positive response from the new ones, and we invited them back to the home meeting next week. With all of this, we would kindly request that we pray for the following burdens:
- That the Lord would bless the Walmart Bible distribution that will happen on Friday (Jan 25th) and Friday (Jan 1st).
- That many locals would tune in to the church’s radio station broadcasting the ministry (we will be hanging door-hangers in the coming days to advertise the station).
- That the four new ones who attended the Chinese-speaking meeting would be saved and would enter the church life.
Thank you so much for your prayers!
Friday evening, our team split to join three home meetings. Another brother opened his home for the first time! Brother T joined the church life a year and a half ago but he had been studying the Recovery Version Bible even before he met us. He and the saints have been praying for his wife to be open to the saints. Being in his home was so refreshing. He had the entire evening organized in order to introduce his mother and wife to pray-reading, His mother enjoyed that we can enjoy the Bible as food, not just to attain spiritual knowledge. The unit of salvation is the household! Lord Jesus, gain this family!
We enjoyed blending with a young brother who has been meeting with the saints. He loves being with the saints and feels really comfortable with the saints. He connected with one of the new contacts and they exchanged numbers with plans to fellowship. It was great to see him entering into the labor of shepherding new ones!
Wrapping up our week in Birmingham, we went on a hiking trip and invited many of the contacts we had during the week. A total of 11 contacts joined us! The freshman student at UAB who we met earlier in the week joined us for hiking and spent the rest of the afternoon with us. Lord, thank you for all these ones! Continue gaining ground in their being!
In Birmingham, we distributed a total of 226 bibles and 24 ministry books. Out of 53 contacts, we had 11 appointments.
- Please pray for these new ones and the follow-up appointments.
- Please pray for the Lord’s move in Birmingham, that the Lord would burden some to migrate here. Every family in Birmingham opened their home, including 6 that opened for the first time. The life in the community saints is growing and fruitful, the harvest is also ripe on the campus yet the workers are few. There is a need for younger saints and families with a burden to shepherd the students.
These past four days we have had a table on the University of Alabama in Birmingham campus. A majority of the students on this campus already believe in the Lord and already have a Bible. Our prayer is that the ones who receive the Recovery Version study Bible would open it and read it! Pray that these Christians would come to the full knowledge of the truth and that the Word would be real to them! We have distributed 218 Bibles, 218 Basic Elements, and 25 ministry books. We’ve had 45 who have requested further contact and had appointments with five students from the table.
We met a freshman UAB student on Monday at the table. Earlier that day, he had accepted the Lord into his life and prayed that the Lord would guide him. While he was walking to class, he saw our table from across the street. He had decided that he wasn’t going to speak to anyone unless someone spoke to him first. A few minutes later, he received a Bible and gave us his contact information. That evening, he came to a home meeting and asked when the next home meeting would be. He came to another home meeting last night and really enjoyed the fellowship and singing. Lord, continue drawing this one! Pray that he would continue coming to the homes to be built up with the saints in Birmingham.
We are going on a hiking trip this Saturday and are inviting many of the new ones we’ve contacted during the week. Please pray for this time!
We’ve enjoyed gathering in the homes of two others who are new to the church life. These ones have been meeting with the saints in Birmingham and have opened their homes for the first time. Each made plans to invite neighbors, friends, and family members. Lord, thank you for these open homes! Please pray for household salvation of the four ones who’ve opened their homes.
During our first evening in Birmingham, we joined the saints in a home meeting. The saints here regularly gather together in each others’ homes four times a week! Our team has enjoyed blending with the saints and entering into the labor of the saints in Birmingham. We’re getting a taste of the house-to-house church life in Acts. In the past three days we’ve already been in the homes of seven families! Several ones who are new to the church life in Birmingham are opening their homes for the first time.
Yesterday afternoon, a group of us joined an appointment to meet a sister who touched the ministry through the radio broadcast of the life-study messages. She is part of a non-affiliated group that listens to the life-study messages five times a week! She contacted LSM and was connected with the saints here. She loves the ministry and loves how it brings her to the Word and how its focus is Christ and the Church. Pray that she would be vitalized with the saints and enter into the daily church life!
In the evening, we met in three different homes. In each home, there was at least one new one. One of our highlights during this time was a sister who touched the church life this past summer and is burning in spirit, enjoying Christ! She invited us to her daughter’s birthday party, which included many of her relatives and friends, with the intention to share Christ with them all. We had a wonderful time of singing and fellowship. This was the first time she opened her home and the first time her husband met the saints. They are opening their home again this friday. Pray that the Lord would fully gain this household!
- Many ones the saints have been laboring on are opening their homes for the first time this week. Pray that these ones enjoy the fellowship and continue opening their homes to the saints!
- Pray that we would establish contact with a few more families in the community.
Reports By City
- Amarillo, TX
- Birmingham, AL
- Burnaby, BC
- Canyon, TX
- Clemson, SC
- Clovis, CA
- Edmond, OK
- Fresno, CA
- Hayward, CA
- Jackson, MS
- London, ONT
- Manassas, VA
- Manchester, NH
- Morgantown, WV
- Orlando, FL
- Palo Alto, CA
- Pearland, TX
- Phoenix, AZ
- St Louis, MO
- Stillwater, OK
- The Woodlands, TX
- Vaughan, ONT