There has been a wonderful gospel effort in Folsom in the last several days. All the saints are eager to spread the truth and shepherd the seeking ones into the church life. There have been Bible distribution tables at various public venues and a college campus every day since February 3. Many saints have taken time off work to join in the distributions, which has been very encouraging to the team. We have passed out 417 tracts, 97 Bibles, and six have prayed to receive the Lord.
Last night, we had a seminar at the Folsom Community Center, in which one Muslim student prayed to receive the Lord.
- For the saints to persevere in prayer and shepherding of new contacts, and that some could be added to the church life in Folsom.
Praise the Lord as the One who does above all that we ask or think!
On February 2, we wrapped up our time in Chico. The past week, we tabled two more days at Chico State and one day at a community college, Butte College. At Butte, we passed out 365 tracts and 33 Bibles. For our last 2 days at Chico State, we passed out 267 tracts and 43 Bibles. The Lord was truly sweet to us, especially in our last two days at Chico State. He faithfully brought many positive students whom we met on our first day of tabling back to the table. Each evening, we also invited contacts to a time of dinner and fellowship (pictured below), and we had three student contacts join us throughout the week. Although there are only about five saints in Chico, the trainees were continually impressed how they poured out for us and for the gospel. May the Lord gain remaining fruit in the church in Chico!
On February 3, we began our labor in Folsom. We joined 10-12 local saints and split into groups to table at various locations: an outdoor mall, a Walmart, a Sam’s Club, and a Farmer’s Market. We met many warm seekers and passed out 33 Bibles over two hours. We are also inviting those who take a Bible to a Bible Presentation this coming Tuesday on, “The Vision in the Bible.” May the Lord draw His loving seekers there!
- Please pray for the follow-up for the contacts in Chico and that the Lord would gain some as remaining fruit.
- Please pray for the Lord to strengthen the local saints in Chico and for Him to burden some saints to migrate to Chico for the gospel.
- Please pray for the follow-up for the contacts in Folsom and that many would be able to attend the Bible presentation this coming Tuesday.
On the night of Sunday, January 28, a student contact from last year was baptized, and a lot of her family members were at the meeting hall to witness! There were about 30 total in attendance, about 18 of which were her family. It was a glorious moment, and many of her family members were touched. We hope that the Lord could bring this family into the church life!
Today was our first day of BfA tabling at Cal State University, Chico. Many students were open to the gospel, and many believers were open to fellowship. We passed out 180 tracts, 20 Bibles, 20 Basic Elements of the Christian Life booklets, and 3 students prayed to receive the Lord!
- That the student that got baptized and her whole family could remain in contact with the saints and come into the church life.
- For second appointments with the ones that left their contact info at the table today.
- That the Lord would bring ones to the table this week that could be added to the church in Chico.
Hallelujah for the Lord’s move in Redding! This weekend, our team started our gospel trip by staying with the saints in Redding, CA and participating in the gospel work here. There are only about a dozen saints here, most of whom are retired; but we were encouraged that several local saints came out to labor with us.
Today, we split into two teams composed of trainees and local saints: one team went door-knocking around the meeting hall and the other team went to have a Bibles for America table at a Trader Joe’s. We were encouraged that although many citizens in Redding are already Christian, there is a hunger for the ministry! Oftentimes, if we could get someone to read a couple footnotes with us, they were impressed by the Recovery Version and willing to take a free copy although they already owned many Bibles. Over two hours, we distributed 19 Recovery Version Bibles! Praise the Lord!
In the evening, we then joined the saints for a small group meeting and enjoyed dinner and sweet fellowship over chapter 10 in the book of Acts.
- Pray for all the Bible recipients, as well as those who were only willing to take a Basic Elements of the Christian Life booklet. May the Lord operate in them through the Word and the interpreted Word.
- May the Lord continue to strengthen the saints in Redding and add young believers to His testimony here.
Praise the Lord for what He has done, is doing, and will do in Chico! Although the gospel trip is over, His move in Chico is far from over.
The following is a brief report of what has happened during the gospel trip:
On Friday, February 10, 2017 we had meetings with four different contacts over lunch and dinner. At night, we had our Bible seminar; 21 adults and two kids attended the seminar.
Three of the brothers met with a new contact over lunch. He mentioned that he couldn’t believe in God yet but he told us that something is different as we talked to him about the Lord. Two of our new contacts came to join the brothers for dinner, and one new contact came to join the sisters for dinner before the seminar. Unfortunately, only one of these contacts was available to join the seminar.
- 244 Recovery Version Bible distributed (1 BfA offer card and 1 tract included)
- ~200 Basic Elements of the Christian Life, vol. 1 distributed
- ~1,202 various tracts distributed
- ~398 “The Mystery of Human Life” hand-out distributed
- ~500 BfA offer cards distributed
- 140 people contacted more than 30 seconds
- ~10 people prayed/called
- 14 people met more than once
- 2 new contacts attended home gathering
- 1 new contact attended seminar
- Faithful shepherding for our contacts
- Visiting saints and trainees will continue contacting those they are burdened for
- More saints to migrate to cooperate with the Lord’s move in Chico
- Pray for the gaining of a faculty member that a club can be started on campus at CSU Chico
Jesus is Lord in Chico!
- On Tuesday, February 7, 2017, we focused on contacting the names that we already have to set up appointments.
- On Wednesday, February 8, 2017, some of us went out for appointments with the new contacts. Others went out to set up a Bible distribution table on the campus despite the apparent bad weather. The Lord blessed us with many hungry ones; we distributed about 20 Bibles.
- On Thursday, February 9, 2017, we contacted the new contacts to remind them of the coming seminar and to meet up with some of them.
- One of our new contacts has been joining us for dinner and fellowship.
- Yesterday a group of sisters visited a family from our door-knocking contact to deliver Bibles (the mother said that they have been wanting Bibles for a long time, but they could not afford it). The saints stayed to fellowship for about an hour.
- Many will come to the seminar tomorrow
- The Lord will continue to release appointments with our new contacts
- The Lord will put some name in our hearts and that we would care for these ones even after the gospel trip
- On Friday, February 3, 2017 some of us had follow-up appointments with our contacts, while others distributed tracts and Bibles on campus. Later in the evening we had our home meeting and 20 people came.
- On Saturday, February 4, 2017 saints from nearby cities (Auburn, Davis, Sacramento, etc.) came to help with door knocking.
- On Lord’s Day, February 5, 2017 we had a glorious table meeting with about 35+ saints, followed by a love feast and a brief door-knocking session.
- Two of our contacts came to the home meeting on Friday, February 3, 2017
- 13 teams of three people went out to door-knock and distributed about 95 Bibles on Saturday, February 4, 2017
Statistics (Up to date):
- 212 Bibles distributed
- About 1,352 tracts distributed
- Total of 125 names for further contact
- Many will come to the upcoming Bible seminar on Friday, February 10, 2017
- Our contacts will respond for further appointments
- The gaining of a faculty member and some core students for the campus work in CSU Chico
- On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 we had our second Bible distribution on CSU Chico; many more students came to get the Bibles!
- On Thursday, February 2, 2017, due to the weather (raining), we decided to split into two teams: one team of 2 brothers set up a Bible distribution table in front of our coordination center (meeting hall) whereas the others went to CSU Chico to distribute the Bibles despite of the rain.
- One of our contacts came to join us for dinner at the coordination center on Wednesday, February 1, 2017. We had a very sweet time of fellowship.
- Two patients and two nurses of the clinic beside the coordination center took the Bibles and were seen reading it while waiting to be seen by the doctor (Thursday).
Statistics (February 1-2):
- 48 Bibles distributed
- About 140 tracts/free Bible offer brochures distributed
- Total of 52 names open for further contacts listed
- That the Lord will be sovereign over the weather for distributing the Bibles
- Follow-up appointments with the new contacts
- That some contacts will come to the home meeting (Friday, February 3, 2017)
The following is a brief report of GTCA move in Chico, CA:
- Six FTTA trainees arrived in Chico on Friday, January 27, 2017. We had a wonderful time of blending with the local saints and other visitors.
- On Saturday, January 28, 2017 the saints took us for a tour of Chico; we visited CSU Campus where we will be setting up our table for Bible distribution. Then, we had a brief BfA training for all the volunteers. We ended the day by packaging 500 Bibles to be used for the distribution.
- On the Lord’s Day, January 29, 2017 we attended a glorious table meeting with close to 40 saints from many different localities e.g. Modesta, Sacramento, Redding, Berkeley, Auburn, etc.). Then we had a love feast as an opportunity to blend with the saints. Following that, five teams of 3-5 people went out door-knocking mostly in the area close to the campus. Everyone came back with a positive impression of contacting the students.
- On Monday we had our “day-off”, and the saints took us to Alpha House, a facility built by the saints and used for conferences, in Nevada city.
- Today we had our first day of Bible distribution at CSU Chico. We can testify that the Lord is doing something here in Chico! The students were open, soft, and hungry for the truth.
- We met one guy (J.S.) who felt that he needed the gospel in his life and that the Lord sent us specifically to him.
- One student (L.J.) was crying as the sisters preached the gospel to her because she felt lonely and had lost hope in Christianity.
- Another student (T.C.), after having received the NT RcV Bible and Basic Elements of the Christian Life, sat down nearby to read them for about 30 minutes.
Statistics (January 29-31):
- 27 Bibles distributed (1 tract included in every bible)
- Approximately 20 BECL distributed
- Approximately 50 other tracts and brochures for free Bible/free literature distributed
- That the Lord will preserve the health of everyone participating
- That the Lord will thrust out the workers for proper follow-up and shepherding
- That the Lord may burden more saints to move to Chico
Praise the Lord for His move in Chico and all over the earth!
Reports By City
- Chico, CA
- Clemson, SC
- Clovis, CA
- El Paso, TX
- Everett, WA
- Folsom, CA
- Hamilton, ONT
- Kalamazoo, MI
- Kitchener, ONT
- Laredo, TX
- Lawrence, KS
- Lethbridge, AB
- Manassas, VA
- Morgan Hill, CA
- Orlando, FL
- Ottawa, ONT
- Reno, NV
- South Bend, IN
- St Catharines, ONT
- West Richland, WA
- Windsor, ONT