Our time in St. Catharines concluded with another visit to the saints in Aylmer. This time, the trainees and a couple local saints were able to spend the night with the families in the area. Corporately, we had a sweet time of singing and fellowship over a week in the Holy Word for Morning Revival titled, “The Original Condition of the Church, the Degradation of the Church, and the Recovery of the Church.” The feeling amongst the trainees was that this fellowship was very timely for the saints that had recently departed from the Mennonite religion. Following that time, we were able to have further fellowship in their homes that continued late into the night. It was truly a blessing to enjoy the unique portion of Christ that these members offered.
Unfortunately, due to adverse weather conditions, it was difficult for some of the trainees and saints to make it to the joint table meeting in Hamilton on Lord’s Day. However, the time was still very sweet with testimonies of what the Lord had done the past week. Undoubtedly, the saints in Hamilton, St. Catharines, and Aylmer have been inscribed in the hearts of the trainees.
May the Lord continue to bless His marvelous work in Southern Ontario and may the saints continue to press on in a strong way!
- Tracts distributed: 980
- Bibles/Rhema Literature distributed: 169
- Salvations: 5
- Please pray for the proper follow-up and shepherding of the students that were contacted at Mohawk College, McMaster University, Brock University, Niagara College-NOTL, and Niagara College-Welland.
- Please pray that the saints in Aylmer and the surrounding regions would continue to be blended with the saints in the nearby localities.
- Please pray for the proper and normal growth of all the saints in Hamilton and St. Catharines.
In the past couple days we were able to preach the gospel at two branches of Niagara College, Welland and Niagara on the Lake, as well as distribute more Bibles at Brock University. Between the two days, we were able to pass out well over 400 tracts and over 40 Bibles. Additionally, three students were led to receive the Lord.
Today, we had the opportunity to blend with the local saints from St. Catharines and Hamilton. We visited various landmarks around the area including the Niagara Falls. Previous days were packed with activities, so today served as a good rest day for all the participants in the GTCA.
A couple hours ago, we received an incredibly encouraging email via Bibles for Canada from one of the Bible recipients at Brock University. In the email, the student suggests that he is genuinely seeking the Lord and would like to be baptized again. We hope that we will have the opportunity to meet up with this one in the near future and perhaps baptize Him at an upcoming table meeting. Hallelujah for the hungry ones that the Lord has placed in our hands!
- Please pray that all 70 of the Bibles distributed at Brock University would be able to feed the students that received them.
- Please pray for the weather in Southern Ontario, as our travel to visit saints in nearby cities may be hindered by heavy snowfall.
- Please pray that all the participants in the GTCA will remain healthy and finish the gospel trip victoriously.
We spent two days traveling to different cities throughout Southern Ontario to visit saints from the Mennonite background. The trainees were joined by many local saints from Hamilton and St. Catharines. We discovered that these saints are incredibly seeking and very hungry for the truth. Upon our arrival to the meeting place, we promptly sat down and began meeting in a very organic way. Spontaneously, saints would stand to share their testimonies after an extended time of singing. We were incredibly happy to have the privilege to hear the touching testimonies that these saints shared.
Today, we distributed 36 Bibles along with over 100 tracts at Brock University in St. Catharines. Additionally, two people prayed to receive the Lord at the table. Historically, it has been very difficult to acquire a location to distribute Bibles at Brock University. However, the Lord really prepared the way as we were able to find a seeking believer within the campus administration who arranged for us to have a very good spot for the distribution. During the distribution, it was very encouraging to see many students staring as they walked past the table, only to return and inquire about a free Bible.
- Pray for more blending between the Mennonite saints and the other saints of Southern Ontario and that the Lord would continue to usher these saints into their organic function in the Body.
- Pray for the proper follow up of all the students that we met in the first half of the trip in Hamilton at Mohawk College and McMaster University.
- Pray that the Lord would be able to gain a beachhead on Brock University by gaining key students through the Bible distributions.
Yesterday, we spent the majority of the day at McMaster University distributing Bibles in the student center. At the end of the day, we distributed a total of 54 Bibles. We were able to have many conversations with the seeking ones that approached our table. We felt that our time at McMaster University was really covered by prayer because of the strong, positive response from the students. Of the ones we contacted, two of them were able to attend a love feast that we held at the home of one of the saints nearby the campus. The burden of this time was to get these new students connected with the local students and saints. The evening was filled with singing and overflow of enjoyment from the students.
Today, though no Bible distribution took place, we had the opportunity to follow up on some of the key contacts that we met from Mohawk College and McMaster University. We were able to meet up with a good number of students for second and even third appointments. Some of the ones we met today were able to come to a small group gathering in Hamilton. During the time, we had a time of sweet fellowship in mutuality with many of us testifying of how the church life is truly our home. May the Lord gain what He is after in these two campuses!
- Please pray that the proper shepherding and care would be rendered to these new student contacts.
- Please pray that the Lord would be able to gain key students within Mohawk College and McMaster University so that He could have a beachhead on these campuses.
- Please pray that the Lord would thrust out some to migrate to Hamilton, particularly younger couples and families, to meet the need of taking care of the new college students.
Upon our arrival into Hamilton, we were warmly welcomed by the local saints who opened their homes to us for the next week. That evening we were able to meet some of the young people in the Hamilton area during a time arranged specifically for the young people. We had a wonderful time singing love songs to the Lord and sharing our experiences based on the stanzas of the hymns. We were very much encouraged by the young peopleâ€™s exercise and willingness to participate in the meeting.
In the following days we met up with many of the other saints in Hamilton during mealtimes and small group meetings. We were especially impressed with what the Lord has done within these saints, as we were able to hear some of their testimonies during these times. The genuine hunger and seeking of the saints sparked much fellowship, and we have been shepherded and encouraged by the rich portion of Christ that the saints here possess.
We were able to spend some time meeting students at Mohawk College, one of the local colleges with an enrollment of over 30,000 students. We spent the afternoon contacting the students in the cafeteria and throughout the campus. Our initial impression of these students is very positive, as many were quite willing to receive tracts and engage in conversation with us. We are hoping that a good number of the students contacted would be able to attend a love feast with some of the local saints.
- Please pray for the continued blending and mutual shepherding between the local saints in Hamilton and the visiting trainees and saints.
- Please pray that the students contacted at Mohawk College could meet again for a second appointment and attend the love feast.
- The Lord would thrust out some to migrate to Hamilton, particularly younger couples and families, to meet the need of taking care of the new college students.
Reports By City
- Chico, CA
- Clemson, SC
- Clovis, CA
- El Paso, TX
- Everett, WA
- Folsom, CA
- Hamilton, ONT
- Kalamazoo, MI
- Kitchener, ONT
- Laredo, TX
- Lawrence, KS
- Lethbridge, AB
- Manassas, VA
- Morgan Hill, CA
- Orlando, FL
- Ottawa, ONT
- Reno, NV
- South Bend, IN
- St Catharines, ONT
- West Richland, WA
- Windsor, ONT