The last days of our gospel trip here in Lethbridge were very busy and full of enjoyment! On Thursday, February 8, we had another neighborhood children’s meeting. Because of a snow storm that came in, we had less children show up, but there were still three neighborhood children and four of our own children. We had a really fun time with them and sang songs and told a story about God’s creation. After the dinner, a couple of us went with some saints to visit a family they have been in contact with for a while. We had a very encouraging time of singing and the mother of this family told us that she enjoys these visits more than she enjoys their own assemblies with their church! We were so encouraged!
On Friday evening, February 9, brother Greg Spencer spoke to the saints concerning inoculation. We also watched a video about M. E. Barber that was so encouraging. We have a rich history in the Lord’s Recovery and we need to realize that we are standing on the shoulders of so many loving seekers that went before us!
On Saturday, February 10, we spent the whole afternoon with the young people. We went to the university gym and did some rock climbing and played basketball. The young people had a really good time. Then, after dinner, we had some fellowship to encourage the young people regarding service and getting a good education. Later, when we prayed in twos and threes, two young sisters prayed that the Lord would help them with their grades in school so that they can go to the Full-Time Training!
This morning, Lord’s Day, February 11, we had our last table meeting and prophesying meeting here with the saints in Lethbridge. Many saints came from Calgary (3 hours away) to enjoy the meeting and a love feast together with us. The prophesying this morning was a glorious culmination of the Christ we have all been enjoying over the past two weeks. In the afternoon, we had an encouraging word concerning our need for a vision of the recovery, the universal church, and the local church.
After our time in the afternoon, some local saints from Lethbridge went to visit a brother in Coaldale, whose wife was not yet saved; there was a young boy staying at their house. The saints preached the gospel to them and both the brother’s wife and the young boy got saved. The saints also gave the boy a Bible. Praise the Lord!
Overall, we have had a wonderful time here and we are sad that it has come to an end so quickly! But we are so happy to have had this opportunity to be built and blended together with the saints in Lethbridge and to labor in the word and on the gospel together with them.
Praise the Lord for a glorious two weeks!
- Please pray for the saints to continue to be strengthened and encouraged in their pursuit of the Lord, both personally and corporately.
- Continue to pray for the children’s work in Lethbridge, that the Lord will have the way to gain many more families through neighborhood children’s meetings and that our own children will be preserved to become useful vessels in the Lord’s Recovery.
- Please pray for the young people and college age in Lethbridge. Pray that the college students would rise up for the gospel work on the campus, and that there would be the opening for a club on campus.
- Finally, please pray for an increase in blending and building among all the local churches in Alberta (Edmonton, Calgary, and Lethbridge).
On Tuesday, February 6th, we went to the University of Lethbridge again to have another Bible distribution. It was slower than the week before and we only gave out eight Bibles, but we are still encouraged with a couple of the contacts we made. That evening, we had another college meeting. Two previous contacts joined us and one of them brought her friend who had just moved to Canada from Mexico. He was so happy to have found a home environment with some saints who can speak Spanish, even though his English is very good. We found out that he had previously come into contact with the saints in Guadalajara, Mexico about eight years ago! The Lord hasn’t let him go!
Yesterday, February 7th, we spent the morning with the saints to fellowship and coordinate. In the afternoon we went to a young brother’s basketball game to encourage and support him, and then, after dinner, we joined the saints for the prayer meeting.
An encouraging report: the saints in Lethbridge rent a place to meet called the Multicultural Centre. Last Lord’s Day, after the love feast, a college student that works there was speaking with one of the brothers. Without him bringing up anything, she said, “What are you doing here, who are you? I need help too.” The brother faithfully took the opportunity to preach the gospel to her and she prayed to receive the Lord! We hope to see her again this Lord’s Day.
- Please pray for our contacts here in Lethbridge, both on campus and in the community. The saints here have many contacts that they’ve been laboring on for some time now. Pray that the Lord would release some visitations before our time here comes to an end.
- Please continue to pray for the initiation of the children’s work here in Lethbridge, as well as the contacts we make at the children’s meeting today (Thursday, February 8th).
On February 5, we had a wonderful time of coordination and fellowship with the saints here in Lethbridge. Towards the evening, we met with a sister to coordinate for a neighborhood children’s meeting that will be in Coaldale (near Lethbridge) on Thursday. After dinner, we met with the young people and played some games and spent the time to get to know them better. We all feel the time was very profitable and the young people really enjoyed it too. We really enjoyed spending extra time to really get to know the young people here. There are about 23 young people ranging from junior high to college age here in Lethbridge (and in the area) and we are becoming more and more burdened for them.
- Please pray for the upcoming neighborhood children’s meeting this Thursday! The saints who were going to host it had an emergency come up in their family and are now unavailable. Pray that the enemy will have no ground and that many of the children’s friends will still be able to make it even with the last minute change.
In the morning we went to the Lord’s Table meeting. Nine young brothers from Calgary joined us in Lethbridge and it was very encouraging! After the Lord’s Table meeting we had a love feast together with the saints, and then in the afternoon we went to a museum called Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, near Fort McLeod, with some of the young people from Calgary.
We really enjoyed spending time with some of the local saints from Calgary. We hope and pray for more blending between the saints in Calgary and the saints in Lethbridge (particularly the young people), as they are only two and a half hours away.
- Please pray for the Bible distribution on the University of Lethbridge campus on February 6th.
- Please continue to pray for the young people here in Lethbridge, that they would get a taste of their spirit and begin to really enjoy the Lord in their young people’s meetings.
On February 1, we had another full day with the saints in Lethbridge! In the morning we had our coordination and a short storytelling workshop with the saints. In the afternoon, we worked together with one of the moms to prepare for a neighborhood children’s meeting at her house that evening. Her children both invited their friends and the saints brought their own children too. We had a wonderful time with the 18 children who came and a couple of the neighborhood moms wanted to know when we would do this again! After dinner, a couple of us went to visit some gospel contacts in their home.
Highlight: Our highlight was the neighborhood children’s meeting. We are very hopeful and excited for the children’s work here in Lethbridge!
- Please pray for some saints to really pick up a burden for the children’s work and to carry out regular neighborhood children’s meetings.
- Please pray for the 10 neighborhood kids (and their families) who came to the neighborhood children’s meeting.
- Finally, please continue to pray for the contacts we met on Wednesday at the University of Lethbridge, particularly for the ones who are open for further contact.
In the morning we had a coordination meeting with the saints. After enjoying some verses and some strong prayer, we went to the University of Lethbridge for a Bible distribution. We gave out 28 Bibles, as well as some ministry books and tracts. Because of the University’s policy, we are not allowed to approach the students, but rather let them come to us. This made distributing a little difficult, but it also meant that the ones that came to the table were quite open and genuinely interested. We were there from 10am until 4:30pm. After dinner we all went to the prayer meeting.
- Distributing Bibles with the saints and students at University of Lethbridge, praying with the saints.
- That many of the Bible recipients would want further contact and that they would be open and available to come to a church event on Friday evening (February 2nd).
In the morning we came together for coordination at one of the saint’s house. After the coordination meeting, we had a mini workshop for a neighborhood children’s meeting, which is taking place this Thursday, February 1. Then in the evening, there was a college meeting at a saint’s house. We had a short time of singing, then we read through John 5 and had a short time of fellowship, after that we gave a short testimony of how we got to the training and some of our experiences in the training.
Having a neighborhood children’s meeting workshop with some of the local saints. Spending time with the college students and sharing our experiences of coming to the training and being in the training.
- For the neighborhood children’s meeting tomorrow (February 1). Pray that many children would come and that the saints would be encouraged to carry out regular weekly NCMs.
- On Friday, February 2, we are having a dinner and a time of fellowship with the saints. We are also inviting some of our contacts to this time. Please pray that our contacts would be free and willing to come and that they would receive something living and fresh!
In the morning we came together for coordination. Then in the afternoon we went door-knocking with the local saints. There were four teams that went door knocking. We were able to give away some tracts and a few Bible. After going door-knocking, we went to visit a family who lives in the country. They are a new family in the church life who moved here from Bolivia.
Highlights: Our highlight was spending time with the new family in their home. This gave us the opportunity to blend with other saints and spend time with their children. We were able to have a singing time with around 10 children ages 4 to 14.
- Pray for our neighborhood children’s meeting this Thursday (February 1), that the parents would be encouraged to start having neighborhood children’s meetings, and that the saints’ children’s friends would want to come.
- Pray for the Bible distribution tomorrow (January 31) at the University of Lethbridge.
- Pray for the saints, that they would be encouraged to enter into the practice of the God-ordained Way.
We arrived in Edmonton on 2/10/17 and had lunch with the saints. After lunch, we went to the University of Alberta and had a meeting with local saints including students in the University of Alberta. The saints were able to fellowship about their burden for the campus work at the University of Alberta with the team to gain more students and bring them fully into the church life. After the fellowship, the team with the local saints including students went out to two train stations near the campus and distributed the gospel tracts. 204 gospel tracts were distributed and we found out that a lot of people were interested and read while waiting for the next train. In the evening, the team was able to join the weekly college student meeting and fellowshipped about the spirit as a receiving organ. Many students were able to share their portion and enjoy the fellowship.
We also had the meeting with local saints in the morning at the meeting hall on 2/11/17 and also had an opportunity to have a conference call with the GTCA team in Abbotsford and brother Robert Lim. Each team shared about their GTCA gospel trip experiences in Canada and all were encouraged. After the call, we prayed for the Lord’s move in Canada and the college conference in Edmonton with local saints. During the day, four teams of saints who are composed of trainees and local saints visited some saints who need encouragement including dormant saints. We also had three meetings in the evening including Young People’s meeting, Chinese speaking home meeting, and English speaking home meeting.
There will be the first college conference on Feb 18-19 and this will be held in Edmonton. There will be about 65 students signed up from different localities such as Lethbridge, Calgary and Edmonton. Praise the Lord for His move in college students in Canada.
We thank the Lord for this GTCA gospel trip opportunity from 1/28/17 to 2/12/17. We were able to see how the Lord has been moving in North America. May the Lord continue to spread and increase in North America as well as all over the world for the building up of His Body, the preparation of His bride and bringing in His kingdom.
- The Lord would gain what He is after during the first college conference in Edmonton, AB from 2/18-2/19 and release all the students to see the vision and be governed by the vision.
- Campus work would prevail in the University of Alberta by strengthening the core students and the new local Canadian contacts would be brought into the church life.
- The Lord would release the blending among the churches in Alberta Canada.
We are full of thanksgiving and praising to the Lord for the pouring out of His blessing to the saints in Lethbridge. May the Lord continue to supply the saints in Lethbridge abundantly.
One newly saved sister was invited to one of the corporate morning revival times. While we were enjoying a hymn together, she asked a question. Each saint shared their portion and enjoyed related verses together with much overflowing. She appreciated being with the saints so much and the next day she invited the saints to her home. After having a home meeting at her house, her whole family joined the GTCA overflowing meeting.
During the GTCA Lethbridge overflowing meeting, both visiting saints and local saints testified that the Lord is moving in Lethbridge. We all were very shepherded by one another’s portions. Visiting saints, including trainees, were very thankful to the Lord for the brotherly love that the church in Lethbridge has, as well as for the simplicity of their heart for Christ and the Body in practicing the God-ordained way.
Now we are on the way to Edmonton, AB and we visited saints in Calgary. We also had an opportunity to share our experiences in Lethbridge with the saints in Calgary. With the saints in Calgary, we prayed for the church in Lethbridge and we all were encouraged to continue to pray and visit the saints in Lethbridge.
We will visit saints in Edmonton tomorrow (2/10/2017) to participate in the Lord’s works in this locality. Praise the Lord!
- The saints in Lethbridge to go on in the Lord with much prayer and blending with saints in other localities
- Gaining the maximum benefit for the Lord’s works in Edmonton, AB during the trip
Thank you so much for praying for us! We had the glorious first Lord’s Table in Lethbridge on 2/5/17. It was full of enjoyment and praises to the Lord. There were about 100 saints total including saints visiting from Calgary, AB, Edmonton, AB, and Regina, SK. All of the saints were very joyful for the first Lord’s Table after a number of years of fellowship and prayers. In the prophesying meeting, there was a rich overflow of life and many saints felt encouraged to freely share their enjoyment of Christ. Several saints who had never prophesied in a meeting before also shared their portion with “a little power” (Rev 3:8).
The next day, we had several appointments with new contacts. Some local saints and students were able to join us. Two of the new contacts joined a college meeting and got connected with the local college students in Lethbridge. There were also neighborhood children’s meetings and home meetings with new ones at two homes. We all enjoyed spending time together with much singing and fellowshipping.
- Local saints to continue to enjoy the Lord day by day and house to house for the normal growth in life after the first Lord’s table
- Continue to have follow-up appointments with new contacts and connect them with local saints and companionize them with local college students
- Inoculate the new contacts and our own young people and college students
We went out set up the BfC (Bibles for Canada) table at University of Lethbridge and we distributed 52 Bibles and received contact information for 14 contacte, twice as much as the last two days in campuses. Local saints and college students participated and it was a great experience for the saints and students to have the spirit of gospel preaching. We plan to follow up with the new contacts by phone and make face-to-face appointments with them. Thank you saints for your prayers!
One of the new contacts came to the Bible seminar and the local students spontaneously functioned to take care of the new one. He is found to be a seeking one and was very happy to, “meet believers who strongly rely on God.”
The trainees prepared for the young people and college students’ meeting and shared about developing intimate fellowship with the Lord by redeeming the time to become consecrated ones. About 40 college students and young people came and enjoyed and functioned in the meeting by encouraging one another. We also had an opportunity to have a sweet time with the students, having morning revival together and had an outing together for blending.
The local saints have been very encouraged by visiting saints from Calgary and other localities, feeling that we all are one Body. Meetings at the local saints’ homes with new ones are being held almost everyday and all the meetings have been very living and enjoyable. Before having the first Lord’s Table on February 5th, 2017, all the saints got together for fellowship with visiting responsible brothers about the Lord’s Table meetings.
- The first Lord’s Table in Lethbridge and the local saints to continue steadfastly in the teaching and fellowship of the apostles in the breaking of the bread and the prayers (Acts 2:42).
- Gaining 14 contacts from the Bible distribution as remaining fruit for the testimony of Jesus in the church in Lethbridge.
- Normal growth in life among the young people and college students in the church in Lethbridge
We went out to set up the BfC (Bibles for Canada) table at both Lethbridge College and University of Lethbridge for one day in each places. We distributed about 45 Bibles as well as 95 Mystery of Human Life tracts and 40 spiritual books in total. It was very encouraging to see students who were open to receive the Bibles and some left their contact information for future appointments. We invited those who were interested to a Bible seminar on 2/2/17 for students. We also had a time of fellowship in which saints were encouraged to participate in campus work to gain freshman students through coordination with other saints and students.
We also had several home meetings with local saints and new ones and all meetings were very encouraging and enjoyable. Local saints and new ones in Lethbridge are mostly composed of saints who are from Mexico, Belize, and Bolivia with German Mennonite background. Saints speak low German as their primary language and English as their second. We labored together with local saints to shepherd new ones, children, young people, and college students in the meetings.
- Gaining local Canadian students especially freshman students on campuses through the vitalization of the saints and college students
- Seeking ones to attend the Bible seminar on 2/2/17
Praise the Lord for His move in Lethbridge, Canada! We have arrived here three days ago on January 28. We were very warmed by the saints’ welcoming and caring for us. We definitely feel that the saints have been preparing and praying for this trip.
On the last Lord’s Day, the brothers had fellowship with the local saints concerning fruit-bearing and two problems of barrenness and aging. Many saints were touched by the fact that we can be perfected by perfecting others in fruit-bearing.
There are many children and young people in Lethbridge. The total number coming to the meetings is 83 and about 50% of them are children and young people. There are also nine college students from Lethbridge College and the University of Lethbridge. The saints are burdened about raising up this young generation and their normal growth in life. Saints are coordinating for the meetings to meet this need including college student meetings and neighborhood children’s meetings.
- Encouraging healthy fruit-bearing life among the saints
- The first Lord’s Table meeting at Lethbridge on 2/5/2017
- Children’s meeting and shepherding time for young people and college students throughout the trip
Reports By City
- Chico, CA
- Clemson, SC
- Clovis, CA
- El Paso, TX
- Everett, WA
- Folsom, CA
- Hamilton, ONT
- Kalamazoo, MI
- Kitchener, ONT
- Laredo, TX
- Lawrence, KS
- Lethbridge, AB
- Manassas, VA
- Morgan Hill, CA
- Orlando, FL
- Ottawa, ONT
- Reno, NV
- South Bend, IN
- St Catharines, ONT
- West Richland, WA
- Windsor, ONT