Tonight (2/10), after a day of blending with the saints, we gathered together for a family barbecue time with a children’s meeting. Three new families attended, all of whom had come to a previous meeting. While the children enjoyed making tie-dye shirts and playing games, their parents were able to connect and get to know the local saints. All three families are looking forward to more events! Three young people, who happen to all be related and were contacted last semester, came as well, including four more of their relatives. The Lord surely has been blessing, as He steadily increases in Morgan Hill household by household!
- For there to be a coordination among the saints in Morgan Hill to continue the children’s work;
- For the continuation of the campus work at Gavilan College and for the formation of a club on campus, for which a student will present this Tuesday in front of a committee;
- That the Lord would continue to uphold and strengthen the one accord among the saints in Morgan Hill as well as all of Northern California for His commanded blessing.
Today (2/11), marks the last day of the gospel trip in Morgan Hill. We enjoyed a glorious Lord’s Table meeting with saints from Monterey, Santa Cruz, and San Luis Obispo. Many were able to overflow from their enjoyment of the past two weeks. We all truly sensed the Lord’s blessing!
Final prayer burdens for Morgan Hill and Monterey:
- For there to be a coordination among the saints in Morgan Hill to continue the children’s work;
- For the continuation of the campus work at Gavilan College and for the formation of a club on campus, for which a student will present this Tuesday in front of a council;
- For the saints’ labor at Cal State Monterey Bay and Monterey Peninsula College, especially that the Lord would thrust out more burdened families into the work.
We had our final distribution and Bible study as a part of GTCA at Gavilan College today (2/8) and really sensed the Lord’s blessing. Ten came to the Bible study, most of whom were attending for at least the second time. Because of the open and informal style of the Bible study, many of the students’ needs are able to be met despite their various backgrounds and situations. Although, once the team of trainees leave, there will be fewer involved, the local saints’ exceeding dedication and willingness to continue to labor will surely meet the need of the seeking students in the coming weeks.
Today, we also had a children’s meeting at the Morgan Hill Library, where the Lord blessed even more abundantly. Three families that we contacted at a table last week came with their children, as well as five other families that just walked in upon finding out about the event. Twenty-eight children (including 18 new ones) participated, and many parents of the new ones eagerly sought details of future activities. Praise the Lord!
- For the continued labor with one accord at Gavilan, especially that the Lord would bless the further follow-up and the Bible studies this semester
- That the Lord would provide a way for the mothers in the church to carry out regular children’s meetings in the future; That the Lord would continue to bless the campus work and the children’s work in Morgan Hill and Gilroy for His testimony.
On Friday morning, we had a time of prayer and recap for the past two weeks of GTCA, after which we went to blend with some other GTCA teams. In the afternoon, we met with a couple students on campus simply to hang out and spend more time together. Recently we have been in contact with some student athletes, and there has been leading from the Lord to connect with them further. At night we had a meeting in a family’s home, where two students came: one from last semester and another who has just started coming to our Bible studies. We went through The Mystery of Human Life in Basic Elements of the Christian Life, and especially enjoyed the matter of the two spirits. Both of these new students enjoyed the dinner and fellowship, and were able to get more connected with the local saints.
- For there to be a coordination among the sisters in Morgan Hill to continue the children’s work;
- For the continuation of the campus work at Gavilan College and the formation of a club on campus, for which a student will present this Tuesday in front of a committee.
Today, we spent our last day in Monterey tabling at Cal State University Monterey Bay (CSUMB), handing out 40 Bibles and receiving 18 students’ contact information. One male freshman we contacted today was very interested to see in the footnotes for John 10:10 that the Lord Jesus came to give not the bios life nor the psyche life, but the zoe life and the zoe life abundantly; he now is looking forward to know more by coming to our on-campus Bible study.
Overall, we had a sense that many of the students are open and seeking, especially the freshmen; however, the saints expressed an urgent need for more saints who are burdened to labor on campus and shepherd students.
Tonight we ended our time in Monterey with dinner and sweet fellowship. We will continue laboring with the campus work at Gavilan College and with the children’s work in Morgan Hill tomorrow.
- For there to be at least two remaining fruit at CSUMB.
- For the Lord to raise up more saints burdened for the campus work in Monterey.
Currently in Monterey, there are mainly three families meeting in the homes, along with some other saints; the number fluctuates year by year as many come and go by way of military service or grad school. The saints coordinate together with the church in Salinas (about 20 mins. away) and blend much with all the churches in the central coast region. The saints have distributed many times and hold weekly Bible studies at Cal State Monterey Bay (CSUMB), however, there still isn’t a club nor a core on the campus.
Today, we set up a table at CSUMB and distributed 33 Bibles and 28 students gave us their contact information. We have been following-up with them by inviting them to a welcome dinner tomorrow (Tuesday) night. There were some students very excited to hear about Bible studies on campus, as well as a few clusters of twos and threes that look forward to coming together.
Tomorrow, we will table again at CSUMB, and then, after our welcome dinner, will return to Morgan Hill for the remainder of the trip.
- That the Lord would draw the seeking ones to our table and bring them to our Tuesday night gathering and Wednesday Bible study;
- For remaining fruit at CSUMB that could become core students for a club on campus;
- For the saints in Monterey and their continued labor on the campus.
Praise the Lord! Today we enjoyed a wonderful Lord’s table in Seaside (near Monterey) with saints from Morgan Hill, San Luis Obispo, Santa Cruz, and other various cities in the central coast region. Afterwards we had a time of blending and spent most of the day sightseeing in Monterey. Tomorrow we will begin coordinating with the saints and distributing Bibles at Cal State Monterey Bay and Monterey Peninsula College. Tuesday night there will be a dinner where we will invite open students.
- For open contacts at both CSUMB and MPC, that some could come to our Tuesday night dinner.
- That the Lord would cover and supply all the saints in Monterey as they participate in GTCA.
The Lord blessed our second Bible study on campus today at Gavilan College! Seven students attended, including three who we met at the table during the week, and one right before the Bible study began. We went through Romans 7-8 in an experiential way, sharing testimonies of overcoming the law of sin and of death by enjoying the Lord as the law of the Spirit of life! Most of the students left the Bible study hungry for more and looking forward to next week.
We also simultaneously had a table set up on campus where we passed out 10 Bibles and 17 tracts, contacted 10 students, and received 8 students’ contact info. Some community saints also had a table set up at the Morgan Hill Public Library in the afternoon. They handed out fliers for a children’s meeting next week as well as 7 Bibles, contacting 15 people with 4 wanting further contact.
- For second and third appointments with students so that they can get solidly connected to the local saints before the end of the gospel trip.
- That the Lord would bless the blending and fellowship as well as the children’s meeting at our afternoon family time in the park this Saturday.
- For the families who will come to the children’s meeting next Thursday at the library.
We had a wonderful time today at our neighborhood children’s meeting! Twelve children came, including six new ones with three mothers. The children enjoyed hearing a lesson on compassion, especially with an illustration using zebras. The mothers were very appreciative and are looking forward to the upcoming events!
We had our first Bible study of the semester at Gavilan College today, where three came (all were students contacted in the last two semesters); because of the more intimate time, one new brother was introduced to and practiced pray-reading! We handed out 22 Bibles (with 12 leaving their contact info), along with 43 tracts, and contacted at least 25.
- For the families who had children come to the NCM, that the care for the children would lead the families to household salvation;
- For our Saturday family time, that all the families we have invited will be able to come;
- For our further contact with the students, including the Thursday Bible study and the Friday welcome dinner.
Today (1/30/18) we split up, one half of our team planned for a neighborhood children’s meeting and the other went to the campus for the second day. There are more children than adults among the families in Morgan Hill, and the saints are seeking a new beginning with the children’s work. The children’s meeting tomorrow will take place in local family’s home, where we’re expecting 12, children including six new ones.
At Gavilan College, we handed out 20 Bibles, which was less than yesterday, yet there were 15 students who left their contact info with us. Overall, we contacted 49 people and handed out around 200 tracts, along with invitations to our Bible studies this Wednesday and Thursday. Many were eager to learn about the Bible and come to a Bible study!
Some of the school’s basketball team were happy to meet us, even some who came to a Bible study last semester. One student told us it was his birthday today and that he was planning to go to a bookstore to buy a Bible, but instead he saw us on campus and gladly received a free Recovery Version!
- For the neighborhood children’s meeting on Wednesday; that the new children would enjoy their time and that their parents would be involved, providing an opening for the seed of the gospel and desire to come regularly to the NCM.
- For the Bible study on Wednesday and Thursday; that many with whom we had follow-up would come and have their eyes opened to the Lord’s riches in His word.
- That the Lord would bless the further contact and follow-up at Gavilan College.
Today we had our first distribution at Gavilan College, a community college in Gilroy, which is about 15-20 minutes from Morgan Hill. The labor on the campus began recently and a club is in the process of being formed. With two tables, we handed out 50 RcV Bibles with Basic Elements of the Christian Life; sixteen of these were interested in further contact.
Many of those whom we contacted were willing and very interested in reading key footnotes with us! We also contacted fifteen others, and one student called on the Lord with us. Hallelujah!
We were also able to meet some students with whom the saints have regular contact—a couple that was contacted last year during the GTCA gospel trip, including one sister who shared her testimony of meeting the saints with us. Overall, we all were impressed with the openness of the students!
- That there would be proper follow-up with the positive contacts so that they would either have a second appointment with us or would come to one of our Bible studies on Wednesday and Thursday
- That the Lord would bring more open, seeking students to the table tomorrow.
Praise the Lord for the Lord’s move in Morgan Hill and Gilroy. We truly tasted the normal church life, which is living, active, vibrant and vital. Their care and love for us really impressed us. It was so joyful and normal to see all the saints pouring out everything by shepherding, opening the homes, and preparing all the practical details for this gospel trip. We will truly miss the saints and continue to pray for them so that the Lord can do whatever and exactly He wants to do in Bay Area for His Body, Bride and Kingdom.
We were brought back again and again to this precious quote: “When a person is graced with being part of one of God’s special moves on this earth, it is the greatest blessing of his life. God’s move makes an impression that he will never forget, and it becomes an unending source of supply to him. Whoever can participate in such a flow is most blessed. I believe that whenever someone who was in such a flow thinks back on it, he will have fond memories of that time. It is a great blessing for a person to be able to participate in the flow of God’s work, the flow of revival, at least once in his lifetime.” We are so privileged to be part of the Lord’s move.
- Pray that the Lord will bless the follow up of the new contacts in Morgan Hill and Gilroy.
- Pray the Lord will put the new contacts in the hearts of the local saints.
- Pray for the going on of the saints to cooperate with the Lord for His move after the gospel trip.
- Pray that the Lord will use localities in the Bay Area for the building up of His Body, for the preparation of His Bride and the coming of His Kingdom.
Praise the Lord for the homes! We had a wonderful small group tonight with four new contacts leaving with very positive impressions. We also had a student come over last night to have a dinner with a family. It was just a very intimate time that the local saints could spend with the students. We also are full of joy to see all the saints pouring out everything by shepherding, opening the homes, and preparing all the practical details for the gospel and His move in Morgan Hill and Gilroy. We will really miss the saints in this area after the gospel trip. Their care and love for us really is impressed into us.
Tonight at the small group, we really enjoyed the footnote 2 of Exodus 20:6, “… In bringing His people out of Egypt and giving His law to them, God was courting them, wooing them, and seeking to win their affection… the covenant enacted at the mountain of God through the giving of the law was an engagement covenant, in which God betrothed the children of Israel to Himself… The highest function of the law is to bring God’s chosen people into oneness with Him, as a wife brought into oneness with her husband. In order for God and His people to be one, there must be a mutual love between them.”
Tomorrow, Saturday (2/11), We will be having a door-knocking activity and tabling at the farmer’s market in downtown Morgan Hill. Then we will go on a hike with all the families and new contacts who are interested in coming, and eventually concluding with a dinner and fellowship afterward. The Lord’s Day will be our last day of the gospel trip concluding at the Lord’s Table.
- Pray that the Lord will bless tomorrow’s door-knocking and tabling at the farmer’s market.
- Pray that the Lord will bless the follow-up of the warm contacts in Morgan Hill and Gilroy.
- Pray the Lord will put the new contacts in the hearts of the local saints so they will have the burden to take care of the contacts.
- Pray for the going on of the saints to cooperate with the Lord for His move after the gospel trip.
The Lord really blessed our time in San Luis Obispo. We had a privilege to spend time with the saints there and touch the reality of the normal church life. Monday morning we were enjoying and praising the Lord together. Then we went to Cal Poly to have time with the local students. In the evening, we had a time to share our experience in the training with the saints to encourage especially the students to consider before the Lord concerning the possibility to go to the training after college. We believe that the Lord is really doing something in Cal Poly and He wants to gain many building materials for His building.
Our present enjoyment is blending. No matter where we go, we are in the Body. To see and taste the burning spirits of the saints in San Luis Obispo really touched our hearts, and they were truly inscribed in our hearts.
Furthermore, we believed this trip was really crucial for our team. Through this trip, we believe that we got to know each other a little bit more, and we are being built up a little more each day as we spend much time in prayer and coordination.
Today, we have arrived to San Jose and joined a prayer meeting here. Tomorrow we will be joining the coordination with the team in San Jose. Then we will head back to Morgan Hill to conclude the gospel trip. The remaining days we will be mainly just to have follow-up and connecting the saints with the new contacts.
- Pray that the Lord will open a way to have a team in Cal Poly
- Pray that the Lord will bless the follow up of the warm contacts in Morgan Hill and Gilroy
- Pray the Lord will put the new contacts in the hearts of the local saints so they will have the burden to take care of the contacts
- Pray that everything we do will be in a view of God’s Economy, to satisfy His heart and bring Him Back
Praise the Lord, we have finished the first week of the gospel trip. The Lord has really blessed Morgan Hill and Gilroy with many seeking ones who are open for further contact. We had a good number of students attending the college meetings on Thursday and Friday, and today we had a wonderful door-knocking time with around 40 Bibles given out and about 17 contact cards. Then tonight, we had an enjoyable seminar with quite a few new ones come to join us with very positive response.
We have been really enjoying this quote, “When a person is graced with being part of one of God’s special moves on this earth, it is the greatest blessing of his life. God’s move makes an impression that he will never forget, and it becomes an unending source of supply to him. Whoever can participate in such a flow is most blessed. I believe that whenever someone who was in such a flow thinks back on it, he will have fond memories of that time. It is a great blessing for a person to be able to participate in the flow of God’s work, the flow of revival, at least once in his lifetime.” We are so privileged to be part of the Lord’s move.
We will be heading to San Luis Obispo to blend with the saints there for the next three days. The saints are burdened for us to get to know the students and share our experience in the training. We are really looking forward to meet with the students and share our wonderful experience of the training.
- Pray that the Lord will bless our times with the students at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- The Lord will connect the new students with the local saints in Morgan Hill and Gilroy
- The Lord will cover our tripartite being with unending source supply for His move on this earth
We just finished three days of Bible distribution in Morgan Hill and Gilroy. The Lord really has blessed the labor here. We believe that it is through our much prayer and coordination the Lord was able to bless this area with much sowing.
We feel that Gavilan College is having a new revival. We found out that on the campus there isn’t any Christian club on it. We can feel the thirst and the hunger of the students. Many times they did not receive the Bible because they were late for class. Throughout the last three days, we were able to have many solid contacts. We also set up Bible studies and invited many to the saints’ home.
Last, but not least, we are realizing how vital and normal the church life is here with the local saints having a burden for the children’s work resulting in gaining the hearts of many parents. May the Lord continue to bless His move in Morgan Hill and Gilroy for His Economy.
We really enjoyed reading together with the team chapter one of The Exercise of the Kingdom for the Building of the Church. Matthew 16:18 is now being fulfilled among us. The Lord has given us new light on the building of the church so that His prophecy might be fulfilled. We pray that many of us will see that Christ is the resurrected rock flowing with living water. After receiving such a revelation, many will spontaneously declare, “Amen, Lord Jesus. You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” By making this declaration, we receive more water within and more oil without. If we declare that Jesus is the Christ and the Son of the living God, we shall be filled with water and covered with oil. How blessed it is to be a Bar-jona who has seen the heavenly vision and has declared it! May we be beside ourselves with this revelation and proclaim it again and again. The more water and oil we receive, the more life and function we shall have. Then by life and function we shall become the corporate Christ, the one Body with the many members to fulfill God’s purpose.
- Starting tomorrow, we are going to start door-knocking. The local saints feel that this is the best way to reach the local community and invite many new ones to attend the seminar this Saturday.
- We will continue to go to Gavilan College and the library in the city center to have Bible studies and to follow up with the hot contacts.
- Thursday night and Friday night we are having a meal at the local saint’s home where we are inviting our new and fresh contacts.
- This coming Saturday we are having picnic followed by a seminar.
- Pray for the follow up with the hot contacts.
- Pray for activities this Saturday, that the Lord release many new families, children, and fresh contacts to come.
- Please pray that the Lord strengthen the tripartite being of all trainees, bind any sickness and put the enemy to an open shame.
We arrived to Morgan Hill, CA safely yesterday evening. After we arrived, we had a warm welcoming from the saints with an introductory meeting, singing with the local saints and their children. Here in Morgan Hill, we have a lot of young working families. The church life here is very community oriented.
During this morning’s prophesying meeting, we got into the message four of the Thanksgiving conference on the direction of the Lord’s move today. We particularly enjoyed Psalm 45:1, “My heart overflows with a good matter; I speak what I have composed concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.” We were really impressed with the local brother’s sharing of how much Psalm 45 could relate to our gospel trip. Our heart needs to be overflow with the love for the Lord. In this way, as we have an affectionate love for the Lord Jesus, our tongue will be a pen of the ready writer, ready to write our love for Him and our praise to Him. In other words, as the seeker in Song of Songs chapter 7, while she was working, she was loving. Therefore, our work should come from our first love. Lord, we love You and we love Your move!
In the first week, we will be going to a community college called Gavilan College in Gilroy and a library in Morgan Hill for Bible distribution. We will also be doing neighborhood children’s meetings, door knocking, and warm door visitation.
- The Lord will bless our team and the local saints with one accord
- The Lord will grant each one of us a genuine heart for men
- The Lord will open the hearts of many seeking ones
- The Lord would strengthen the saints to live a normal church life
- The Lord will gain a building among local saints and trainees for His satisfaction
Reports By City
- Chico, CA
- Clemson, SC
- Clovis, CA
- El Paso, TX
- Everett, WA
- Folsom, CA
- Hamilton, ONT
- Kalamazoo, MI
- Kitchener, ONT
- Laredo, TX
- Lawrence, KS
- Lethbridge, AB
- Manassas, VA
- Morgan Hill, CA
- Orlando, FL
- Ottawa, ONT
- Reno, NV
- South Bend, IN
- St Catharines, ONT
- West Richland, WA
- Windsor, ONT