Today was our last day at West Richland. We had the Lord’s Table, and then had the third meeting of the blending conference. The speaking brother shared on the peace offering, and I believe all the saints where helped by the speaking. Afterwards, many of the saints testified and confirmed the word.
Later, in the evening, we visited two saintsâ€™ homes for dinner and fellowship. Praise the Lord for the saints in West Richland.
- Pray for all the Bibles we distributed in Washington, and the Lord’s Word would be sown into good earth.
- Pray that the saints in eastern Washington would all experience Christ as the reality of all the offerings.
- While we were here, the saints were burdened that we would blend with several of the saints in their homes. We visited over a dozen homes in one week, at times visiting two houses a day. Pray that the Lord would encourage all the saints we visited, and bring them all into the reality of the church life.
Tonight (2/10), after a day of blending with the saints, we gathered together for a family barbecue time with a children’s meeting. Three new families attended, all of whom had come to a previous meeting. While the children enjoyed making tie-dye shirts and playing games, their parents were able to connect and get to know the local saints. All three families are looking forward to more events! Three young people, who happen to all be related and were contacted last semester, came as well, including four more of their relatives. The Lord surely has been blessing, as He steadily increases in Morgan Hill household by household!
- For there to be a coordination among the saints in Morgan Hill to continue the children’s work;
- For the continuation of the campus work at Gavilan College and for the formation of a club on campus, for which a student will present this Tuesday in front of a committee;
- That the Lord would continue to uphold and strengthen the one accord among the saints in Morgan Hill as well as all of Northern California for His commanded blessing.
Today (2/11), marks the last day of the gospel trip in Morgan Hill. We enjoyed a glorious Lord’s Table meeting with saints from Monterey, Santa Cruz, and San Luis Obispo. Many were able to overflow from their enjoyment of the past two weeks. We all truly sensed the Lord’s blessing!
Final prayer burdens for Morgan Hill and Monterey:
- For there to be a coordination among the saints in Morgan Hill to continue the children’s work;
- For the continuation of the campus work at Gavilan College and for the formation of a club on campus, for which a student will present this Tuesday in front of a council;
- For the saints’ labor at Cal State Monterey Bay and Monterey Peninsula College, especially that the Lord would thrust out more burdened families into the work.
We had our final distribution and Bible study as a part of GTCA at Gavilan College today (2/8) and really sensed the Lord’s blessing. Ten came to the Bible study, most of whom were attending for at least the second time. Because of the open and informal style of the Bible study, many of the students’ needs are able to be met despite their various backgrounds and situations. Although, once the team of trainees leave, there will be fewer involved, the local saints’ exceeding dedication and willingness to continue to labor will surely meet the need of the seeking students in the coming weeks.
Today, we also had a children’s meeting at the Morgan Hill Library, where the Lord blessed even more abundantly. Three families that we contacted at a table last week came with their children, as well as five other families that just walked in upon finding out about the event. Twenty-eight children (including 18 new ones) participated, and many parents of the new ones eagerly sought details of future activities. Praise the Lord!
- For the continued labor with one accord at Gavilan, especially that the Lord would bless the further follow-up and the Bible studies this semester
- That the Lord would provide a way for the mothers in the church to carry out regular children’s meetings in the future; That the Lord would continue to bless the campus work and the children’s work in Morgan Hill and Gilroy for His testimony.
On Friday morning, we had a time of prayer and recap for the past two weeks of GTCA, after which we went to blend with some other GTCA teams. In the afternoon, we met with a couple students on campus simply to hang out and spend more time together. Recently we have been in contact with some student athletes, and there has been leading from the Lord to connect with them further. At night we had a meeting in a family’s home, where two students came: one from last semester and another who has just started coming to our Bible studies. We went through The Mystery of Human Life in Basic Elements of the Christian Life, and especially enjoyed the matter of the two spirits. Both of these new students enjoyed the dinner and fellowship, and were able to get more connected with the local saints.
- For there to be a coordination among the sisters in Morgan Hill to continue the children’s work;
- For the continuation of the campus work at Gavilan College and the formation of a club on campus, for which a student will present this Tuesday in front of a committee.
2/8/18 The saints gathered together at Fresno meeting hall to coordinate the gospel work for the day. Two teams went to Fresno City College and Clovis Community College. The rest of the saints went door-knocking in the near by neighborhood.
At Fresno City College, many students came by to get a study Bible, that we ran out in an hour! Many were willing to have further contact and those who couldn’t have one expressed interest to have a Bible too! One student, Andrew, has set up an appointment with the saints to meet the next day to have a Bible study.
The door-knocking team brings equally encouraging news too. Many doors were open and seven Bibles were handed out in a short time. The local saints expressed their nervousness in the very beginning, but once they get to the first open door, they were filled with the Spirit and with joy.
- Please pray for the further contact of these new ones that the Lord would release the proper shepherds.
2/9/18 Many local saints came to Fresno meeting hall for coordination and prayer this morning. It is very encouraging to see saints willingly offer their time, from work and from family to spend time in the gospel. A college age brother who very enthusiastically joined the team this morning was especially encouraging to all the saints. There were tables in Fresno State & Clovis Community College, and three door-knocking teams going out in one accord!
The saints also set up appointment today with two new contacts to have a Bible study with them. One of the contacts, A, has a hunger for the ministry. Before the saints met him, he had finished four chapters of Basic Elements of the Christian Life and wanting to get another Bible and Basic Elements of the Christian Life for his grandmother. Andrew was joyful to know what salvation really means and told the saints that he knows now he is really saved. The saints have set up a time with him next week.
The door-knocking team in Clovis initially has some issues, as they lost the map of the location for door-knocking. However, by the Lord’s sovereignty, they ended up in a new neighborhood, almost entirely Spanish-speaking. All the members in the team speaks Spanish, thus everyone was functioning. The coordination was sweet and many Bibles were passed out in the process.
The other door-knocking team in Kerman was also experiencing the readiness of the harvest. Of the first three houses they visited, they handed out three Bibles! The neighborhood was very open to the Lord’s Word, contacts were gained who are willing to have a Bible study and future follow-up.
- Pray that the Lord will preserve A and the enemy would be bound.
- Pray for the last day of the gospel trip, that all saints will enjoy the Lord in the coordination, and will regain their strength.
- Pray for the follow-up of the contacts gained on campus, at the flea market & door-knocking.
We went out door-knocking with the local saints and tabling both on the UC Davis campus with students and the local farmers market since Monday. We handed out 5 to 6 Bibles per day and flyers for a Bible seminar event happening tonight. We also joined the full-time team here and got to spend time with the students in their student activities.
One new student contact came to the BfA table and received a Bible this past week. He was then followed up by a student involved on the Christians on Campus club and has been coming to the meetings on a regular basis. Pray for many more seeking students!
- Pray for tonight’s, Wednesday Feb. 7, Bible seminar to be filled with seeking students and people from the community. Pray for the proper follow up with the seeking contacts at the event.
- Pray for the Spirit of the Gospel to continue to burn in the saints in Davis. Pray that these weeks would not just be a gospel event but that the saints would continue to have a gospel living and prayer life.
- Pray that the students in UC Davis would rise up to take care of the new student contacts.
Today, we spent our last day in Monterey tabling at Cal State University Monterey Bay (CSUMB), handing out 40 Bibles and receiving 18 students’ contact information. One male freshman we contacted today was very interested to see in the footnotes for John 10:10 that the Lord Jesus came to give not the bios life nor the psyche life, but the zoe life and the zoe life abundantly; he now is looking forward to know more by coming to our on-campus Bible study.
Overall, we had a sense that many of the students are open and seeking, especially the freshmen; however, the saints expressed an urgent need for more saints who are burdened to labor on campus and shepherd students.
Tonight we ended our time in Monterey with dinner and sweet fellowship. We will continue laboring with the campus work at Gavilan College and with the children’s work in Morgan Hill tomorrow.
- For there to be at least two remaining fruit at CSUMB.
- For the Lord to raise up more saints burdened for the campus work in Monterey.
Currently in Monterey, there are mainly three families meeting in the homes, along with some other saints; the number fluctuates year by year as many come and go by way of military service or grad school. The saints coordinate together with the church in Salinas (about 20 mins. away) and blend much with all the churches in the central coast region. The saints have distributed many times and hold weekly Bible studies at Cal State Monterey Bay (CSUMB), however, there still isn’t a club nor a core on the campus.
Today, we set up a table at CSUMB and distributed 33 Bibles and 28 students gave us their contact information. We have been following-up with them by inviting them to a welcome dinner tomorrow (Tuesday) night. There were some students very excited to hear about Bible studies on campus, as well as a few clusters of twos and threes that look forward to coming together.
Tomorrow, we will table again at CSUMB, and then, after our welcome dinner, will return to Morgan Hill for the remainder of the trip.
- That the Lord would draw the seeking ones to our table and bring them to our Tuesday night gathering and Wednesday Bible study;
- For remaining fruit at CSUMB that could become core students for a club on campus;
- For the saints in Monterey and their continued labor on the campus.
There has been a wonderful gospel effort in Folsom in the last several days. All the saints are eager to spread the truth and shepherd the seeking ones into the church life. There have been Bible distribution tables at various public venues and a college campus every day since February 3. Many saints have taken time off work to join in the distributions, which has been very encouraging to the team. We have passed out 417 tracts, 97 Bibles, and six have prayed to receive the Lord.
Last night, we had a seminar at the Folsom Community Center, in which one Muslim student prayed to receive the Lord.
- For the saints to persevere in prayer and shepherding of new contacts, and that some could be added to the church life in Folsom.
Praise the Lord! Today we enjoyed a wonderful Lord’s table in Seaside (near Monterey) with saints from Morgan Hill, San Luis Obispo, Santa Cruz, and other various cities in the central coast region. Afterwards we had a time of blending and spent most of the day sightseeing in Monterey. Tomorrow we will begin coordinating with the saints and distributing Bibles at Cal State Monterey Bay and Monterey Peninsula College. Tuesday night there will be a dinner where we will invite open students.
- For open contacts at both CSUMB and MPC, that some could come to our Tuesday night dinner.
- That the Lord would cover and supply all the saints in Monterey as they participate in GTCA.
The saints gathered in the Fresno meeting hall at 9:30 A.M. for the Lord’s Table. A detailed report on the gospel for the past week, together with sweet testimony time from those who participated, encouraged the saints to spread the Word and pray. Before noon, about 30 saints went out for the gospel, both tabling and door-knocking.
The trainees were teamed up with local saints to visit some dormant saints. Through prayer and fellowship, the experience is both cherishing and fruitful. A brother, who did not attend the meeting for a few months, but his whole family was open for the saints to visit. The family really enjoyed the time, it was full of sweet fellowship and enjoyment. In the end, even the brother himself was encouraged to come back to the meeting to share with the saints his enjoyment.
Another house that was visited was a brother who has not meet for a year. By much interceding, he finally replied to the brothers and arranged a time for them to visit him. During the time, he was very much encouraged and ask the brother if he can get a weekly visit. Thank the Lord for seeking and finding the lost sheep.
- The Lord would recover the dormant saints and free them from their anxieties
- Pray for the table in the coming days in Fresno State and Fresno City College.
The saints gathered in the morning for morning revival, a time of prayer and fellowship. Then trainees and local saints went out in three teams: A table at Walmart and the two door knocking teams in Madera.
At Walmart, a total of 37 bibles were handed out and gained 14 contacts that require future follow-up. Praise the Lord for bringing the seeking ones to the table! There were many conversations at the table, including one particularly open one discussing the book of Revelation with a trainee and learning about the truth. Many of those who had received a Bible were joyous and were willing to provide their contact for future contact.
The door-knocking teams were really experiencing that the Word is running. There was a house where the owner (an old lady) was initially very hesitant when answering the door, but as soon as the saints started to share more about the footnotes, on the Triune God and enjoying Christ as food, her attitude changed altogether. In the end, she was so full of joy that she hugged everyone on the team, thanking the team to visit her. Thank the Lord for such a wonderful experience.
- Pray for the contacts we had in Madera, that the Lord would released the proper shepherds.
- Pray for the table in Cherry Auction (a flea market) on Saturday.
- Pray for the health of the team.
Praise the Lord as the One who does above all that we ask or think!
On February 2, we wrapped up our time in Chico. The past week, we tabled two more days at Chico State and one day at a community college, Butte College. At Butte, we passed out 365 tracts and 33 Bibles. For our last 2 days at Chico State, we passed out 267 tracts and 43 Bibles. The Lord was truly sweet to us, especially in our last two days at Chico State. He faithfully brought many positive students whom we met on our first day of tabling back to the table. Each evening, we also invited contacts to a time of dinner and fellowship (pictured below), and we had three student contacts join us throughout the week. Although there are only about five saints in Chico, the trainees were continually impressed how they poured out for us and for the gospel. May the Lord gain remaining fruit in the church in Chico!
On February 3, we began our labor in Folsom. We joined 10-12 local saints and split into groups to table at various locations: an outdoor mall, a Walmart, a Sam’s Club, and a Farmer’s Market. We met many warm seekers and passed out 33 Bibles over two hours. We are also inviting those who take a Bible to a Bible Presentation this coming Tuesday on, “The Vision in the Bible.” May the Lord draw His loving seekers there!
- Please pray for the follow-up for the contacts in Chico and that the Lord would gain some as remaining fruit.
- Please pray for the Lord to strengthen the local saints in Chico and for Him to burden some saints to migrate to Chico for the gospel.
- Please pray for the follow-up for the contacts in Folsom and that many would be able to attend the Bible presentation this coming Tuesday.
The Lord blessed our second Bible study on campus today at Gavilan College! Seven students attended, including three who we met at the table during the week, and one right before the Bible study began. We went through Romans 7-8 in an experiential way, sharing testimonies of overcoming the law of sin and of death by enjoying the Lord as the law of the Spirit of life! Most of the students left the Bible study hungry for more and looking forward to next week.
We also simultaneously had a table set up on campus where we passed out 10 Bibles and 17 tracts, contacted 10 students, and received 8 students’ contact info. Some community saints also had a table set up at the Morgan Hill Public Library in the afternoon. They handed out fliers for a children’s meeting next week as well as 7 Bibles, contacting 15 people with 4 wanting further contact.
- For second and third appointments with students so that they can get solidly connected to the local saints before the end of the gospel trip.
- That the Lord would bless the blending and fellowship as well as the children’s meeting at our afternoon family time in the park this Saturday.
- For the families who will come to the children’s meeting next Thursday at the library.
The saints gathered at the meeting hall in Fresno in the morning for a time of prayer and coordination. Later, the saints were divided up into 4 groups. Two groups went to Clovis for door-knocking, one group went to Walmart for tabling and the last group went to Fresno City College for tabling.
The door-knocking was a blessing to the saints who participated. Everyone is enlivened and full of joy. 126 doors were knocked, and 35 answered and at least received a tract. In total, we passed out 9 Bibles.
At Fresno City College, the students were opened and 9 Bibles was handed out. Among the students we contacted, one experience was particularly encouraging. A student who came to the table was filled with joy after he saw the Recovery Version with footnotes. After being explained to how precious the footnotes are, this student who received the Bible is so full of joy that he asked the brother standing at the table if he can hug him. Altogether, three contacts were gained today at Fresno City College.
- Pray for the door-knocking and tabling at Walmart tomorrow at Madera.
- Pray for the follow-up with the students in Fresno City College and Fresno State University.
- Pray for the follow-up of the ones who received a Bible in Merced.
- Pray for the health of the team.
Yesterday, January 31, was the last day of going out on the gospel at the UNR campus. The day’s statistics included: 470 tracts, 52 Bibles, 141 free Bible offers, 49 contacted (30 seconds or more), and 4 prayed to receive the Lord. The highlight of going out on the gospel was the second appointments, follow-up with the students, and a home meeting with the new ones.
Two trainees had a follow-up appointment with a UNR freshmen. He was very open and has been texting the brothers since the first day he met them. Due to his schedule, he could not attend the meetings but was eager to meet up later where we read the first chapter of the Basic Elements of the Christian Life. Afterwards, he said he enjoyed the time and would like to bring his roommate. We will be reading the second chapter together next week. Later in the evening, two new international students; one from Ghana and the other from China joined our home meeting. Both were very positive contacts who are open to having appointments and plan on attending the Lord’s table.
Today, February 1, we had a wonderful time being built up humanly and spiritually at a saint’s ranch near Reno. During the meeting, a co-worker brother joined our fellowship and encouraged the saints in shepherding the new contacts. There were four words that were emphasized: Cover - to pray for the Lord’s covering in everything when meeting with a new one, from contacting this one, to opening the door, to leaving his house. We need to pray to bind the enemy over any resistance within us and them. We need to pray with the two’s and three’s that are around us. Listen - to learn how to listen and really hear what people are saying instead of just trying to accomplish our own agenda or work. We are here to take care of them through God’s love as God-men. We are co-workers with the Lord, cooperating with Him so He can reconfirm the deposit within them. Let God be God. Visiting people where they are is more effective than a big meeting. Believe - to believe the Lord is with us and with any appointments we have, that this is the Lord’s fruit. When we’re one with Him, we must believe that when we speak, God is speaking. Assignment - to encourage the ones being shepherded to read a portion of the word that would meet them where they are at, allowing the Lord to speak to them in the word and in the ministry.
Overall this first week in Reno went by too fast, and preaching the gospel with the saints has been a blessing. We were inspired by the whole church going out together to preach the gospel. It was so enjoyable to go out with the saints. The students on UNR are really open and seeking for Bibles studies. However, the local saints must now take the next step of shepherding the new contacts and the dormant saints.
- Pray for more saints to migrate to Reno to support the campus work.
- Pray for a full time team in Reno to labor on the UNR campus.
- Pray that the saints would be strengthened and supplied to follow up with all the positive contacts.
- Pray that these contacts would receive the proper care and shepherding they need for their normal growth in life.
We had a wonderful time today at our neighborhood children’s meeting! Twelve children came, including six new ones with three mothers. The children enjoyed hearing a lesson on compassion, especially with an illustration using zebras. The mothers were very appreciative and are looking forward to the upcoming events!
We had our first Bible study of the semester at Gavilan College today, where three came (all were students contacted in the last two semesters); because of the more intimate time, one new brother was introduced to and practiced pray-reading! We handed out 22 Bibles (with 12 leaving their contact info), along with 43 tracts, and contacted at least 25.
- For the families who had children come to the NCM, that the care for the children would lead the families to household salvation;
- For our Saturday family time, that all the families we have invited will be able to come;
- For our further contact with the students, including the Thursday Bible study and the Friday welcome dinner.
Today (1/30/18) we split up, one half of our team planned for a neighborhood children’s meeting and the other went to the campus for the second day. There are more children than adults among the families in Morgan Hill, and the saints are seeking a new beginning with the children’s work. The children’s meeting tomorrow will take place in local family’s home, where we’re expecting 12, children including six new ones.
At Gavilan College, we handed out 20 Bibles, which was less than yesterday, yet there were 15 students who left their contact info with us. Overall, we contacted 49 people and handed out around 200 tracts, along with invitations to our Bible studies this Wednesday and Thursday. Many were eager to learn about the Bible and come to a Bible study!
Some of the school’s basketball team were happy to meet us, even some who came to a Bible study last semester. One student told us it was his birthday today and that he was planning to go to a bookstore to buy a Bible, but instead he saw us on campus and gladly received a free Recovery Version!
- For the neighborhood children’s meeting on Wednesday; that the new children would enjoy their time and that their parents would be involved, providing an opening for the seed of the gospel and desire to come regularly to the NCM.
- For the Bible study on Wednesday and Thursday; that many with whom we had follow-up would come and have their eyes opened to the Lord’s riches in His word.
- That the Lord would bless the further contact and follow-up at Gavilan College.
Today we had our first distribution at Gavilan College, a community college in Gilroy, which is about 15-20 minutes from Morgan Hill. The labor on the campus began recently and a club is in the process of being formed. With two tables, we handed out 50 RcV Bibles with Basic Elements of the Christian Life; sixteen of these were interested in further contact.
Many of those whom we contacted were willing and very interested in reading key footnotes with us! We also contacted fifteen others, and one student called on the Lord with us. Hallelujah!
We were also able to meet some students with whom the saints have regular contact—a couple that was contacted last year during the GTCA gospel trip, including one sister who shared her testimony of meeting the saints with us. Overall, we all were impressed with the openness of the students!
- That there would be proper follow-up with the positive contacts so that they would either have a second appointment with us or would come to one of our Bible studies on Wednesday and Thursday
- That the Lord would bring more open, seeking students to the table tomorrow.
The saints and trainees had four tabling events in four locations today; two in the morning and two in the afternoon. In the morning, the saints divided into two teams to go to UC Merced and Merced College. In the afternoon, saints went to Merced Mall and Bijio supermarket to table. The campus club in Merced College also has an activity in the afternoon.
Since there were multiple events or activity happening at the same time, we really do seek the one accord among the saints. No one was standing at the side; everyone has entered the vineyard to labor for the Lord. We were impressed by the vitality of the saints, pressing forward together on campus and also in the community, with the same goal and having the same mind. The coordination is beautiful and sweet.
At UC Merced, students were open to receive at least a gospel tract. Some were open to receive a free Bible and sign up for the Bible studies. Two brothers had an appointment with a Freshman at noon to have lunch with him. The appointment went well and a local brother will continue to follow up to care for and shepherd this freshman.
Despite having slow traffic at Merced Mall, the saints were still able to pass out six Bibles. One 86-year-old man who came by the table even asked to be baptized after talking to the saints. Although the number of people was small, the saints were really encourage by the one they had contact with.
The second Bible distribution at El Bijio Supermarket was again very encouraging. The saints were able to pass out 40 Bibles in a short afternoon, once again this shows that the Spanish-speaking door is wide open to the church. May the Lord continue to use this supermarket as a great fishing pound to gain vessels for His testimony in Merced.
The trainees left Merced after a sweet breakfast with the saints, and traveled to Fresno for the second part of the gospel trip. The rest of the afternoon was a rest day for the team, and we rested in a brother’s farm house in Reedley, a city close to Fresno. The trainees had a wonderful time when a brother took us on a tour of his farm. We had a prayer meeting with the saints in Fresno in the evening
- Pray for those one contacted, that the Lord would release the proper shepherding.
- Pray for the second part of the gospel trip, for the gospel work in Clovis and Madera, that the hearts of the people will be soften.
- Pray for the health of the trainees and saints alike.
The saints come together in the morning for a time of coordination and prayer. We divided into two teams to go to UC Merced and Merced College for tabling from 9:30 A.M. to 12:30 A.M.
In UC Merced, a lot of students were open to receive gospel tracts and free Bibles. We had good conversions with few students. They were open for further contact and left their contact information with us. It was encouraging that a majority of contacts we got were Freshmen. One of the saints was able to set up an appointment with a freshmen tomorrow. Another one was willing to come to the Bible study.
The tabling in Merced College was very encouraging to the saints. Many students were drawn to the table and are very open. One particular experience was especially encouraging. One lady who came by the table was instantly attracted by the Recovery Version Bible after being shown the footnotes. After receiving a Bible from us, she went to class. At the end of the tabling, when the saints were packing up, she came by the table again, this time on the phone with her husband. Apparently she told her husband about the Bible and he wants a copy as well. In the end, she went away with a indescribable joy on her face after getting another Bible for her husband as well.
- Continue to pray for the tabling in UC Merced and Merced College, that the Lord will bring the sons of peace.
- Pray for the tabling in Merced Mall and El Bajio Supermarket tomorrow afternoon.
- Pray for the Lord to open a way to shepherd I.M.
- Appointment with freshman E, that the Lord would keep him open
On the night of Sunday, January 28, a student contact from last year was baptized, and a lot of her family members were at the meeting hall to witness! There were about 30 total in attendance, about 18 of which were her family. It was a glorious moment, and many of her family members were touched. We hope that the Lord could bring this family into the church life!
Today was our first day of BfA tabling at Cal State University, Chico. Many students were open to the gospel, and many believers were open to fellowship. We passed out 180 tracts, 20 Bibles, 20 Basic Elements of the Christian Life booklets, and 3 students prayed to receive the Lord!
- That the student that got baptized and her whole family could remain in contact with the saints and come into the church life.
- For second appointments with the ones that left their contact info at the table today.
- That the Lord would bring ones to the table this week that could be added to the church in Chico.
Praise the Lord for His move in Reno! The saints in Reno are quite exercised and motivated as they joined the FTTA trainees to go out in one accord in the spirit of the gospel to the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) to contact the students, distribute tracts, preach the gospel and give away Recovery Version Bibles. On at least one day, 88% of the saints were involved in the outreach here.
Yesterday (Jan 29) we set up three tables around campus and split the saints and trainees into three teams of about 4 to 7 saints. The majority of the students at UNR are very polite, respectful and open. Even if they refuse a tract, they thank us for the free offer. There were more interactions with people than simply handing out tracts. A few times, so many students came to the table that every saint was needed to care for them all. There was one student who just stood across from the table watching us. Later when we talked to him he simply said he liked to hear things about Jesus and we gave him a Recovery Version Bible. It was really hard to keep track of those contacted for more than 30 seconds.
One of many highlights in preaching the gospel was when a quiet female student came up to the table to learn about the Recovery Version. She listened to everything we said very seriously. Then she asked, “What is the difference between your church and other churches?” When we explained and then mentioned that we met in the homes, she was so happy and exclaimed that she would bring her friends tomorrow because we reminded her of her professor in China, “He was English but he used a Chinese Bible and he invited me to his house where his friends offered me food, love me and everyone shared about Jesus.” It sounded like she had touched the church life before in China. Whoever the Lord brought, He really led them to the table. There were many testimonies regarding the students’ openness toward their contacts, and a brother likened this campus to a koi pond full of hungry fish. In total, 60 Bibles were handed out and many follow-up contacts were responsive!
Today the 30th, we went out to UNR campus again to hand out Bibles and tracts. The weather was a little warmer than yesterday and more saints were able to join the time. Similar to yesterday, many students were contacted for more than 30 seconds. Out of 28 students who wanted further contact, 11 wanted to join a Bible study and three were open to come for dinner and fellowship. One of the many highlights in preaching the gospel was the way the older saints were going out on the gospel becoming an encouragement to the other saints. One sister says she literally cried because she was moved by the way the older brothers were tabling. They were like a real father caring for his children asking, “Hey son, what football team do you like?” The more they talked to the students, the more the students were opened. One brother illustrated that it took three brothers conversing with a student who initially did not want a free Bible to ending up being open to receive a Recovery Version Bible. Also, the sister who was touched by the love of the older brothers decided to support them by praying for incoming students who were walking towards the table, hoping they would be contacted by the brothers. One older brother testified that before she started praying, probably 1 out of 6 would receive a tract, but after she prayed, about 5 out of 7 would receive the tract and be opened to receiving a free Bible. The only thing that changed was the prayer. May the Lord gain some college students for the testimony of the church in Reno shining on this campus!
- Pray that in these weeks, this would just not be a gospel event or move but that preaching the gospel would be incorporated into the saints’ daily life, for the saints to have a prayer life and gospel living. Pray that the Spirit of the gospel would continue to burn in the saints in Reno.
- Pray that the Lord would gain some solid, seeking students, captured by a vision of His economy, to be remaining fruit on this campus for His shining testimony. Pray that the homes would be filled with young fruit to be shepherded and nurtured for His increase and spread of the gospel at UNR.
- Pray for more saints to migrate to Reno to support the campus work. Pray for a full-time team in Reno.
We partook of the Lord’s Table with the saints in Merced this morning. The prophesying of the saints was mutually encouraging, for every branches in the vine to bear remaining fruit. After lunch, trainees and local saints formed teams for BfA Bible distributions at two locations, in a local mall and a supermarket. The coordination is sweet and in oneness.
The tabling went from 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M, and the result was very encouraging. Not only that many Bibles was distributed, but majority of the Bibles distributed today were Spanish. It was a big change from previous experiences according to the local saints. Thank the Lord for opening the Spanish-speaking door. There were also a few contacts who are willing to invite us to visit them in their home. One young man even agreed for an appointment the next day. Praise the Lord for the vessels that He has prepared in Merced. Glory to Him!
- Pray for the tabling at UC Merced and Merced College on Monday (1/29/18), that the Lord will lead us to the ones He desire, the sons of peace.
- Pray for the revisiting & appointment of the contacted one, the appointment with the young man whom we met at the table today.
- Pray for the health of the trainees and local saints, to have minimal distraction throughout the week.
Praise the Lord for His wonderful move in Reno, Nevada! The saints had been praying to close a deal on a house property (campus house) that is close to the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR), about a 10 minute walk. The house is surrounded by a friendly neighborhood and close to a public park, about a 5 minute walk, often having some special events such as hot air balloon festivals. The public park is also filled with dog lovers as it is located right next to a spacious dog park. Through the prayers and the giving of all the saints around Northern California and other localities, the property was bought on time, two days before the full-time trainees arrived on Saturday 27th!
After the trainees arrived and had lunch with the local saints in the campus house, we were sent out with the saints to preach the gospel as volunteers for Bibles for America, either by door-knocking or going to the park. The saints said the trainees were an encouragement to them preaching the gospel, and the sisters were not afraid to go out for the gospel because the whole church was going out together.
One highlight of going out for the gospel that day was during the tabling at the park, we were simply presenting a Bible to a couple with children and the parents were not interested having a free Bible at first. However, their 9-year-old girl and 10-year-old boy had very excited expressions with bright smiles and seemed very interested in the free Bibles, and when we asked the parents if it was okay to give the Bibles to their children, the parents allowed us and we handed one Bible to each of the children. The moment was so precious because the children left joyously, so happy that they received a Bible! This just shows the Lord is the One doing the work.
Today on Lord’s Day the 28th, right after the Lordâ€™s Table meeting and the prophesying meeting, almost all of the 39 saints attending, except three, went to go preach the gospel. Praise the Lord for the whole church going out together to preach the gospel! The majority of us went out to the same public park again, while a few stayed to go door-knocking in the campus house neighborhood. This day we had 29 contacted for more than 30 seconds, out of which 6 were interested in having second contact or a Bible study. Although not all the groups had positive results going out, they were encouraged that as the church, in one Body, they were able to bear fruit together and are willing to want to preach the gospel more.
- Pray for these nine, three couples and three young working saints, to have the proper follow-up and adequate shepherding care they need. Pray they would continue to have a seeking and open heart for the Lord and be able to meet with the saints.
- Pray that in these weeks, this would not just be a gospel event or move, but that preaching the gospel would be incorporated into the saints daily life, for the saints to have a prayer life and gospel living. Pray that the Spirit of the gospel would continue to burn in the saints in Reno.
- Pray for the neighborhood around the campus house to be opened for the gospel or that the saints would be able to make friends with the neighbors.
Hallelujah for the Lord’s move in Redding! This weekend, our team started our gospel trip by staying with the saints in Redding, CA and participating in the gospel work here. There are only about a dozen saints here, most of whom are retired; but we were encouraged that several local saints came out to labor with us.
Today, we split into two teams composed of trainees and local saints: one team went door-knocking around the meeting hall and the other team went to have a Bibles for America table at a Trader Joe’s. We were encouraged that although many citizens in Redding are already Christian, there is a hunger for the ministry! Oftentimes, if we could get someone to read a couple footnotes with us, they were impressed by the Recovery Version and willing to take a free copy although they already owned many Bibles. Over two hours, we distributed 19 Recovery Version Bibles! Praise the Lord!
In the evening, we then joined the saints for a small group meeting and enjoyed dinner and sweet fellowship over chapter 10 in the book of Acts.
- Pray for all the Bible recipients, as well as those who were only willing to take a Basic Elements of the Christian Life booklet. May the Lord operate in them through the Word and the interpreted Word.
- May the Lord continue to strengthen the saints in Redding and add young believers to His testimony here.
Praise the Lord for the Lord’s move in Morgan Hill and Gilroy. We truly tasted the normal church life, which is living, active, vibrant and vital. Their care and love for us really impressed us. It was so joyful and normal to see all the saints pouring out everything by shepherding, opening the homes, and preparing all the practical details for this gospel trip. We will truly miss the saints and continue to pray for them so that the Lord can do whatever and exactly He wants to do in Bay Area for His Body, Bride and Kingdom.
We were brought back again and again to this precious quote: “When a person is graced with being part of one of God’s special moves on this earth, it is the greatest blessing of his life. God’s move makes an impression that he will never forget, and it becomes an unending source of supply to him. Whoever can participate in such a flow is most blessed. I believe that whenever someone who was in such a flow thinks back on it, he will have fond memories of that time. It is a great blessing for a person to be able to participate in the flow of God’s work, the flow of revival, at least once in his lifetime.” We are so privileged to be part of the Lord’s move.
- Pray that the Lord will bless the follow up of the new contacts in Morgan Hill and Gilroy.
- Pray the Lord will put the new contacts in the hearts of the local saints.
- Pray for the going on of the saints to cooperate with the Lord for His move after the gospel trip.
- Pray that the Lord will use localities in the Bay Area for the building up of His Body, for the preparation of His Bride and the coming of His Kingdom.
Praise the Lord for what He has done, is doing, and will do in Chico! Although the gospel trip is over, His move in Chico is far from over.
The following is a brief report of what has happened during the gospel trip:
On Friday, February 10, 2017 we had meetings with four different contacts over lunch and dinner. At night, we had our Bible seminar; 21 adults and two kids attended the seminar.
Three of the brothers met with a new contact over lunch. He mentioned that he couldn’t believe in God yet but he told us that something is different as we talked to him about the Lord. Two of our new contacts came to join the brothers for dinner, and one new contact came to join the sisters for dinner before the seminar. Unfortunately, only one of these contacts was available to join the seminar.
- 244 Recovery Version Bible distributed (1 BfA offer card and 1 tract included)
- ~200 Basic Elements of the Christian Life, vol. 1 distributed
- ~1,202 various tracts distributed
- ~398 “The Mystery of Human Life” hand-out distributed
- ~500 BfA offer cards distributed
- 140 people contacted more than 30 seconds
- ~10 people prayed/called
- 14 people met more than once
- 2 new contacts attended home gathering
- 1 new contact attended seminar
- Faithful shepherding for our contacts
- Visiting saints and trainees will continue contacting those they are burdened for
- More saints to migrate to cooperate with the Lord’s move in Chico
- Pray for the gaining of a faculty member that a club can be started on campus at CSU Chico
Jesus is Lord in Chico!
Praise the Lord for the homes! We had a wonderful small group tonight with four new contacts leaving with very positive impressions. We also had a student come over last night to have a dinner with a family. It was just a very intimate time that the local saints could spend with the students. We also are full of joy to see all the saints pouring out everything by shepherding, opening the homes, and preparing all the practical details for the gospel and His move in Morgan Hill and Gilroy. We will really miss the saints in this area after the gospel trip. Their care and love for us really is impressed into us.
Tonight at the small group, we really enjoyed the footnote 2 of Exodus 20:6, “… In bringing His people out of Egypt and giving His law to them, God was courting them, wooing them, and seeking to win their affection… the covenant enacted at the mountain of God through the giving of the law was an engagement covenant, in which God betrothed the children of Israel to Himself… The highest function of the law is to bring God’s chosen people into oneness with Him, as a wife brought into oneness with her husband. In order for God and His people to be one, there must be a mutual love between them.”
Tomorrow, Saturday (2/11), We will be having a door-knocking activity and tabling at the farmer’s market in downtown Morgan Hill. Then we will go on a hike with all the families and new contacts who are interested in coming, and eventually concluding with a dinner and fellowship afterward. The Lord’s Day will be our last day of the gospel trip concluding at the Lord’s Table.
- Pray that the Lord will bless tomorrow’s door-knocking and tabling at the farmer’s market.
- Pray that the Lord will bless the follow-up of the warm contacts in Morgan Hill and Gilroy.
- Pray the Lord will put the new contacts in the hearts of the local saints so they will have the burden to take care of the contacts.
- Pray for the going on of the saints to cooperate with the Lord for His move after the gospel trip.
Praise the Lord for all He has done and is doing in Folsom!
After our first day of door-knocking and tabling many saints shared that the people in Folsom seemed to be set, settled, and occupied and appeared to be very closed. However, at the conclusion of our time in Folsom, we realized that there are actually so many people who are open and seeking the Lord! The fields are white for harvest, the Lord just needs those who would cooperate with Him to go out and to feed these ones.
For the last few days of our gospel trip we focused on following up with all the contacts we had made during the past two weeks totaling to around 150. Although we still have many that need to be contacted, there were definite positive responses from some of the ones who had been contacted. Two students attending Folsom Lake College wanted to meet up on campus. Both appointments were very positive and the students were really open! The saints were able to minister Christ to them through the Word and the ministry. Additionally, both students brought a friend with them who also received a Bible during the appointment. Both students expressed a desire to meet again in a regular way.
On Thursday night, we had a small group/children’s meeting. Three new ones attended who had been contacted through door-knocking and tabling. One of the new ones, R, had also come last Thursday. It was a joy to see these new ones enter into the fellowship!
These past two weeks of labor in Folsom is just the beginning of what the Lord is doing. The care of these new ones step by step is a long-term labor. The local saints really need prayer to be strengthened and supplied to continually and regularly care for all of these new ones.
- The saints would continue opening to the Lord and spending much time before Him, that His heart for Folsom and all these new ones would be duplicated in them.
- That more saints and their homes would be open in a consistent way to contain the ones the Lord has blessed us with.
- On Tuesday, February 7, 2017, we focused on contacting the names that we already have to set up appointments.
- On Wednesday, February 8, 2017, some of us went out for appointments with the new contacts. Others went out to set up a Bible distribution table on the campus despite the apparent bad weather. The Lord blessed us with many hungry ones; we distributed about 20 Bibles.
- On Thursday, February 9, 2017, we contacted the new contacts to remind them of the coming seminar and to meet up with some of them.
- One of our new contacts has been joining us for dinner and fellowship.
- Yesterday a group of sisters visited a family from our door-knocking contact to deliver Bibles (the mother said that they have been wanting Bibles for a long time, but they could not afford it). The saints stayed to fellowship for about an hour.
- Many will come to the seminar tomorrow
- The Lord will continue to release appointments with our new contacts
- The Lord will put some name in our hearts and that we would care for these ones even after the gospel trip
The Lord really blessed our time in San Luis Obispo. We had a privilege to spend time with the saints there and touch the reality of the normal church life. Monday morning we were enjoying and praising the Lord together. Then we went to Cal Poly to have time with the local students. In the evening, we had a time to share our experience in the training with the saints to encourage especially the students to consider before the Lord concerning the possibility to go to the training after college. We believe that the Lord is really doing something in Cal Poly and He wants to gain many building materials for His building.
Our present enjoyment is blending. No matter where we go, we are in the Body. To see and taste the burning spirits of the saints in San Luis Obispo really touched our hearts, and they were truly inscribed in our hearts.
Furthermore, we believed this trip was really crucial for our team. Through this trip, we believe that we got to know each other a little bit more, and we are being built up a little more each day as we spend much time in prayer and coordination.
Today, we have arrived to San Jose and joined a prayer meeting here. Tomorrow we will be joining the coordination with the team in San Jose. Then we will head back to Morgan Hill to conclude the gospel trip. The remaining days we will be mainly just to have follow-up and connecting the saints with the new contacts.
- Pray that the Lord will open a way to have a team in Cal Poly
- Pray that the Lord will bless the follow up of the warm contacts in Morgan Hill and Gilroy
- Pray the Lord will put the new contacts in the hearts of the local saints so they will have the burden to take care of the contacts
- Pray that everything we do will be in a view of God’s Economy, to satisfy His heart and bring Him Back
Listen! Behold, the sower went out to sow. (Mark 4:3)
On Saturday (2/5/2017), around 55 saints participated in sowing activities in Folsom, with one team tabling at Walmart as well as several other teams door knocking in nearby neighborhoods. In the testimonies afterward, many of the saints shared that there were a lot of people who were not open but we are not discouraged! We just need to be faithful to sow the seeds, water the new ones, and the Lord will cause the growth! Although there were many who were closed, there were still some sons of peace! We contacted 49 people, gave out 28 Bibles, and 5 people prayed to receive the Lord!
Yesterday, we enjoyed the Lord’s Table in Folsom with around 50 saints and 20 children from all over California, from localities such as Modesto, Montebello, Sacramento and Millpitas. It was a very rich meeting! Much of the speaking was of the saints overflow and enjoyment of this past week’s GTCA activities!
For the remainder of the time, our attention will shift from sowing to following up with all the open contacts from the last week!
- We would have the adequate follow up this week
- Release the seeking ones to come to the home meeting on Thursday!
- On Friday, February 3, 2017 some of us had follow-up appointments with our contacts, while others distributed tracts and Bibles on campus. Later in the evening we had our home meeting and 20 people came.
- On Saturday, February 4, 2017 saints from nearby cities (Auburn, Davis, Sacramento, etc.) came to help with door knocking.
- On Lord’s Day, February 5, 2017 we had a glorious table meeting with about 35+ saints, followed by a love feast and a brief door-knocking session.
- Two of our contacts came to the home meeting on Friday, February 3, 2017
- 13 teams of three people went out to door-knock and distributed about 95 Bibles on Saturday, February 4, 2017
Statistics (Up to date):
- 212 Bibles distributed
- About 1,352 tracts distributed
- Total of 125 names for further contact
- Many will come to the upcoming Bible seminar on Friday, February 10, 2017
- Our contacts will respond for further appointments
- The gaining of a faculty member and some core students for the campus work in CSU Chico
Praise the Lord, we have finished the first week of the gospel trip. The Lord has really blessed Morgan Hill and Gilroy with many seeking ones who are open for further contact. We had a good number of students attending the college meetings on Thursday and Friday, and today we had a wonderful door-knocking time with around 40 Bibles given out and about 17 contact cards. Then tonight, we had an enjoyable seminar with quite a few new ones come to join us with very positive response.
We have been really enjoying this quote, “When a person is graced with being part of one of God’s special moves on this earth, it is the greatest blessing of his life. God’s move makes an impression that he will never forget, and it becomes an unending source of supply to him. Whoever can participate in such a flow is most blessed. I believe that whenever someone who was in such a flow thinks back on it, he will have fond memories of that time. It is a great blessing for a person to be able to participate in the flow of God’s work, the flow of revival, at least once in his lifetime.” We are so privileged to be part of the Lord’s move.
We will be heading to San Luis Obispo to blend with the saints there for the next three days. The saints are burdened for us to get to know the students and share our experience in the training. We are really looking forward to meet with the students and share our wonderful experience of the training.
- Pray that the Lord will bless our times with the students at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- The Lord will connect the new students with the local saints in Morgan Hill and Gilroy
- The Lord will cover our tripartite being with unending source supply for His move on this earth
Yesterday, we had a combined children’s meeting/small group meeting at one of the local saint’s home. It was really a cherishing time! We all ate dinner together and then the children went into another room and had their meeting while we gathered and had another meeting. We sang a few songs and after singing, “God has Called us for His Purpose”, it opened a way for a few saints to take care of the new ones by sharing a little about what it means for God to be fully processed and about our spirit!
After singing, we read through Hebrew 12 and then some shared on what they enjoyed. It was really supplying to hear all of the saints sharing including the new ones. One new one in particular, R, who was contacted earlier this week through door-knocking, entered right into the sharing and spoke on what he had been enjoying in the Word. He also opened up a pretty hard situation he had been faced with earlier in the day. After he opened it up, everyone spontaneously prayed for his situation. After the meeting was over, he stayed for a long time and just talked with saints and played the guitar with a college brother. It was so encouraging and refreshing to see this new one enjoying the Lord!
For the past few days, a few of the trainees as well as local saints have been sick and have been unable to participate in GTCA activities. Please pray for the continued binding of the enemy and covering of the saints health!
- Continue binding the enemy and covering the saint’s health
- Pray for the follow up and shepherding of those who we contacted this week
We just finished three days of Bible distribution in Morgan Hill and Gilroy. The Lord really has blessed the labor here. We believe that it is through our much prayer and coordination the Lord was able to bless this area with much sowing.
We feel that Gavilan College is having a new revival. We found out that on the campus there isn’t any Christian club on it. We can feel the thirst and the hunger of the students. Many times they did not receive the Bible because they were late for class. Throughout the last three days, we were able to have many solid contacts. We also set up Bible studies and invited many to the saints’ home.
Last, but not least, we are realizing how vital and normal the church life is here with the local saints having a burden for the children’s work resulting in gaining the hearts of many parents. May the Lord continue to bless His move in Morgan Hill and Gilroy for His Economy.
We really enjoyed reading together with the team chapter one of The Exercise of the Kingdom for the Building of the Church. Matthew 16:18 is now being fulfilled among us. The Lord has given us new light on the building of the church so that His prophecy might be fulfilled. We pray that many of us will see that Christ is the resurrected rock flowing with living water. After receiving such a revelation, many will spontaneously declare, “Amen, Lord Jesus. You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” By making this declaration, we receive more water within and more oil without. If we declare that Jesus is the Christ and the Son of the living God, we shall be filled with water and covered with oil. How blessed it is to be a Bar-jona who has seen the heavenly vision and has declared it! May we be beside ourselves with this revelation and proclaim it again and again. The more water and oil we receive, the more life and function we shall have. Then by life and function we shall become the corporate Christ, the one Body with the many members to fulfill God’s purpose.
- Starting tomorrow, we are going to start door-knocking. The local saints feel that this is the best way to reach the local community and invite many new ones to attend the seminar this Saturday.
- We will continue to go to Gavilan College and the library in the city center to have Bible studies and to follow up with the hot contacts.
- Thursday night and Friday night we are having a meal at the local saint’s home where we are inviting our new and fresh contacts.
- This coming Saturday we are having picnic followed by a seminar.
- Pray for the follow up with the hot contacts.
- Pray for activities this Saturday, that the Lord release many new families, children, and fresh contacts to come.
- Please pray that the Lord strengthen the tripartite being of all trainees, bind any sickness and put the enemy to an open shame.
Today we had five teams preaching the gospel in local neighborhoods, as well tables set out at both Folsom Lake College and Walmart. After our gospel time, we had a time for each team to share testimonies. Each team seemed to have some really positive and encouraging contacts!
One in particular was a medical student, M, who moved from India last year. Right when the saints knocked on the door, he asked them to come in. As the saints were sharing with him about his spirit, he said that he wanted to learn more! They shared with him “The Mystery of Human Life” and he prayed the prayer boldly and without hesitation! He received both a Bible and Basic Elements of the Christian Life. He is open for a meeting and invited the saints to come back! Lord, keep M soft and open towards You!
The prayer meeting tonight was very sweet with sixteen saints, including four trainees, in attendance. There was a new one there who entered right into the prayer and even prayed in a strong way. It was very encouraging to see the saints organically shepherding her.
- Bind the enemy and cover the health of the trainees and local saints!
The following is a brief report of GTCA move in Chico, CA:
- Six FTTA trainees arrived in Chico on Friday, January 27, 2017. We had a wonderful time of blending with the local saints and other visitors.
- On Saturday, January 28, 2017 the saints took us for a tour of Chico; we visited CSU Campus where we will be setting up our table for Bible distribution. Then, we had a brief BfA training for all the volunteers. We ended the day by packaging 500 Bibles to be used for the distribution.
- On the Lord’s Day, January 29, 2017 we attended a glorious table meeting with close to 40 saints from many different localities e.g. Modesta, Sacramento, Redding, Berkeley, Auburn, etc.). Then we had a love feast as an opportunity to blend with the saints. Following that, five teams of 3-5 people went out door-knocking mostly in the area close to the campus. Everyone came back with a positive impression of contacting the students.
- On Monday we had our “day-off”, and the saints took us to Alpha House, a facility built by the saints and used for conferences, in Nevada city.
- Today we had our first day of Bible distribution at CSU Chico. We can testify that the Lord is doing something here in Chico! The students were open, soft, and hungry for the truth.
- We met one guy (J.S.) who felt that he needed the gospel in his life and that the Lord sent us specifically to him.
- One student (L.J.) was crying as the sisters preached the gospel to her because she felt lonely and had lost hope in Christianity.
- Another student (T.C.), after having received the NT RcV Bible and Basic Elements of the Christian Life, sat down nearby to read them for about 30 minutes.
Statistics (January 29-31):
- 27 Bibles distributed (1 tract included in every bible)
- Approximately 20 BECL distributed
- Approximately 50 other tracts and brochures for free Bible/free literature distributed
- That the Lord will preserve the health of everyone participating
- That the Lord will thrust out the workers for proper follow-up and shepherding
- That the Lord may burden more saints to move to Chico
Praise the Lord for His move in Chico and all over the earth!
Yesterday, the table meeting was in Folsom at one of the local saint’s home. It was a very refreshing meeting full of praise to the Lord with around 40 saints from Folsom, as well as from surrounding localities.
Today, several saints joined the team to pass out Bibles at some neighboring apartment buildings, as well as at Folsom Lake College. The saints were encouraged by the response from the students on campus, as well as from those in the apartments, who received the Bible. One student received a Bible and BfA literature and was excited to share it with his friends. Some were interested in having a Bible study with us, and one woman even said that she felt our coming to her was the Lord’s coming to her. Lord, keep growing as the seed in these ones!
- Thrust out the shepherds! The saints would be faithful to contact, cherish and nourish the hungry ones.
- Keep growing as a seed in H, T, R, and M!
We arrived to Morgan Hill, CA safely yesterday evening. After we arrived, we had a warm welcoming from the saints with an introductory meeting, singing with the local saints and their children. Here in Morgan Hill, we have a lot of young working families. The church life here is very community oriented.
During this morning’s prophesying meeting, we got into the message four of the Thanksgiving conference on the direction of the Lord’s move today. We particularly enjoyed Psalm 45:1, “My heart overflows with a good matter; I speak what I have composed concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.” We were really impressed with the local brother’s sharing of how much Psalm 45 could relate to our gospel trip. Our heart needs to be overflow with the love for the Lord. In this way, as we have an affectionate love for the Lord Jesus, our tongue will be a pen of the ready writer, ready to write our love for Him and our praise to Him. In other words, as the seeker in Song of Songs chapter 7, while she was working, she was loving. Therefore, our work should come from our first love. Lord, we love You and we love Your move!
In the first week, we will be going to a community college called Gavilan College in Gilroy and a library in Morgan Hill for Bible distribution. We will also be doing neighborhood children’s meetings, door knocking, and warm door visitation.
- The Lord will bless our team and the local saints with one accord
- The Lord will grant each one of us a genuine heart for men
- The Lord will open the hearts of many seeking ones
- The Lord would strengthen the saints to live a normal church life
- The Lord will gain a building among local saints and trainees for His satisfaction
Yesterday, all the trainees arrived in Folsom, CA. We had dinner with some of the local saints followed by a brief door knocking orientation and preparation for upcoming sowing activities.
Sowing activities started today, 1/28/17, with sixty-five saints participating. Sixteen teams went out door knocking in the surrounding neighborhoods and one team set up a table at a local Walmart. Overall, there seemed to be some good sowing! We gave out 21 Bibles, contacted around 75 people and had several who prayed to receive the Lord!
Lord, keep sowing in Folsom!
- There would be adequate follow up for those who were contacted today and they would receive proper care
- The local saints would build up a habit and taste for contacting and shepherding people
It has been a corporate labor with the saints for the past week in Vallejo. In total, we gave out 1,300+ tracts and 180+ Bibles. Of the 206 contact cards we received from Bible recipients, a whopping 92% have shown interest to be contacted; 33 of the 206 have been identified as being very open to be contacted again. Praise the Lord for such a rich sowing!
Every morning, we gathered together to pray and touch the Lord. One item we prayed for is that the Lord would gain five solid families in Vallejo. Even though we have not yet seen this as we depart from Vallejo, we are full of faith that the Lord is answering this prayer.
On Saturday, one team went out but no one received a Bible. However, a young man at one of the houses asked the team to come back in the afternoon, saying that his wife might be interested. Not expecting much, the team returned to the house that afternoon. When they met the wife, she turned out to be a very seeking Catholic. This young couple had recently moved from San Francisco to Vallejo and the wife was desirous for a Bible study in her neighborhood!
Another team knocked on the door of a house that was a home care center. At the beginning, the one who answered the door didn’t show any interest in receiving a Recovery Version. But after a sister persistently shared with him some footnotes, his countenance changed and he was willing to receive a gospel tract! Continuing to chat with him, they found out that he was the owner of several home care houses in the neighborhood. Even though he didn’t receive a Bible, we believed that the Lord was expressed and testified through the conversation!
That night, we had a Bible study meeting at a sister’s home. The topic was consecration. One newly saved sister shared that we must first allow the Lord to work in us before we can work for Him. At the end, many spontaneously sang the hymn, “I love my master, and I would not go out free.” Our love for the lord was rekindled and our consecration was renewed! It was such a sweet time and we were shepherded by the Lord. We realized that as we were laboring for the Lord outwardly, He was gaining us inwardly.
It has been a wonderful experience blending with and laboring with the saints in Vallejo. This city has been inscribed on our hearts and we will intercede for the Lord’s testimony here in our prayers. We will pray that the Lord would gather men like a flock for His testimony in Vallejo!
- Please pray that many of the open contacts will be brought into Bible studies in their neighborhoods and will even be brought into the church life.
- Please pray that five solid families will be gained for the church in Vallejo this year.
We concluded our gospel trip today with all the saints here by giving thanks, praises, and glory to the Lord for all He has done in the North Bay. We were full of joy with the saints to witness the first Lord’s Table of the church in Rohnert Park.
At Sonoma State University (SSU) and Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC) where we labored this past two weeks, 3,806 tracts and flyers were distributed, 403 Bible Sets were passed out, 178 people left their contact information, 10 people were led to pray and receive the Lord, 38 appointments and Bible studies were held with the contacts, and 6 regular appointments were set up. We have 107 students from SSU on the Bible Club’s email list; and even though there was the restriction of passing out tracts at SRJC, the Lord still brought many students to the table and 53 of them left their contact information.
Among all the student contacts, we identified 36 students from SSU and about 15 students from SRJC as the most positive contacts to labor on. There were 16 students from SSU and SRJC who attended the college meeting on Friday nights, and two of them returned for the second meeting. Also, on Saturday, more than 60 saints from the Bay Area participated in the sowing trip in Rohnert Park. They gave out 35 Bibles and got 20 contact cards, and 928 packets were given out through door-hanging. May the Lord keep growing in all the contacts through proper follow up and shepherding to gain what He is after.
During these two weeks, we were so shepherded and encouraged by all the saints’ care to us, and by their faithful labor and outpouring to the Lord. We pray that the Lord will richly bless all the saints here with His bountiful supply to keep going on and that the lampstand here will shine brighter and brighter for the Lord’s strong testimony!
Statistics (As of 02/07/2106):
Tracts Distributed: 3806
Persons Contacted (more than 30 seconds): 178
Persons who were led to pray: 10
Persons who had a 2nd appointment: 38
Regular appointments established:6
- Please pray for the follow up of contacts, the 51 key student contacts, the Bible studies, college meetings, and appointments at SSU and SRJC, and that from these the Lord will produce many genuine seekers.
- Please pray for the core students to keep enjoying the church life, growing in life to be normal, functioning members in the Body.
- Please pray that the saints here will be richly supplied and strengthened to shepherd the student contacts.
Praise the Lord! Last night eight new students from SSU and SRJC attended the college meeting; two of them came for their second time. We continued our fellowship from last Friday about pray-reading verses as our eating, drinking, and breathing the Spirit and the life in the Word of God. The students started functioning in the meeting, and one sister shared her experience about feeding on the word in morning revival time. One new student asked about the word “tabernacle” in John 1:14, and she was touched by its meaning of Christ making His dwelling place among men. The meeting was finished by singing and blending, and the students were so thankful to be here.
We are also encouraged that even toward the end of the two-week gospel trip, there are still many students hungry for the Word while we were passing out Bibles. One student got the Recovery Version and had a Bible study with us immediately. She was very open and appreciated the footnotes in the Bible. May the Lord keep drawing her to come meeting next week.
Today three new students joined our outing, got to make good connections with each other, and they were very happy to be with us. We continued our time with the new ones this evening with dinner and singing. Some students told us they enjoyed the time so much and wanted to keep meeting with us. One of them prayed and thanked the Lord for this open home and all the saints.
- Please pray that the Lord may keep growing in all the students, especially the new ones to make them solid gradually through proper shepherding.
- Please pray for all the Bible studies, college meetings at SSU and SRJC so the students can be nourished and captured by the Word.
- Please pray for the core students that nothing would hinder their growth in life to be functioning members to build up the Body of Christ.
On our fifth and sixth days in Vallejo, we continued door-knocking in the community and tabling at both the extension campus of Solano Community College and at a local Walmart. Together with the local saints, we gave out 140 tracts, 79 Bibles, and had 82 solid conversations which resulted in 15 people praying to receive The Lord! We believe it’s all by the Lord’s mercy!
We have been very encouraged by the labor of the local saints in the community. Because of their persistence, many sons of peace have been released into the Kingdom of our God. The Lord is multiplying men like a flock within Vallejo.
On February 3, we spoke to the dean of the extension campus of Solano Community College. It turns out she is also a pursuing Christian and she even asked for a Recovery Version and was supportive of our having a Bible study on her campus! After that, we had the privilege of going to Berkeley to blend with some of the saints there. As we explored the streets we were stopped by a doctorate student who began to chat with us about her city. We took this as an opportunity from the Lord to preach the gospel to her and even prayed over her. Although she didn’t pray with us, we’re confident hearing the name of Jesus sowed some seeds in her heart.
On February 4, in addition to further door-knocking and tabling, we joined with some local saints for follow-up appointments with contacts at two homeless shelters in the community. Though we weren’t able to reach one of the contacts, the receptionist working at the shelter was open to reading a portion from the gospel of John and was very thankful to receive a New Testament study Bible. We are thankful the Lord is gaining all kinds of people for his testimony in Vallejo!
- Pray for a strong continuation on the follow-up of the open contacts.
- Pray for five solid families will be gained through door-knocking and tabling for His testimony in Vallejo.
Praise the Lord! The Lord is surely advancing in Santa Rosa. Our most positive contacts have been coming regularly to appointments for Bible studies and meetings. The Lord is continuing to strengthen and solidify the connections with the local saints and our core students. According to our prayers, the Lord has brought the core students into the enjoyment of the Lord and into co-laboring with us. Their fellowship, prayers during one-on-one appointments and active participation in the meetings and club events have been every encouraging.
At SRJC, a student called on the Lord after enjoying Acts 2:21 and its footnotes. She was also supplied by the fellowship regarding Philippians, and how Christ is so enjoyable in all circumstances. In addition, a core student opened up her situation, shared her enjoyments of corporate living and expressed her burden for the campus. We concluded the appointment by pray-reading and praying for the Lord’s testimony on the campus. Just spending time with the students have resulted in many sweet fellowships of mutual shepherding and supplying. Initially, students simply opened up humanly and were then brought to prayer. All the prayers from the students’ genuine heart have strengthened and supplied us while also encouraging to go on to shepherd according to God. The increase and the building here have been of personal care and corporate enjoyment.
Statistics (February 3 & 4):
Contacted (with information):24
Regular Appointments: 6
- Please pray for the college meeting on Friday night, that the students will be released to enjoy the feast.
- Please pray for the community outreach on Saturday that many open homes can be gained through the Word.
- Please continue to pray that the Lord will guard the positive student contacts to be remaining fruits.
On the fourth and fifth days in Vallejo, we continued door knocking and tabling in the community. In total, we gave out 190 tracts, 42 Bibles and had 53 solid conversations with 12 people who prayed to receive the Lord!
At a college campus, due to the regulations, the team did not aggressively approach the students in any way; however, 20 students reached the table to receive their Bibles! The students were very soft to the Word and open to meet with other believers. Many of them really appreciated the Recovery Version with the footnotes and were willing to use it for group Bible study!
We began following up of more than 20 contacts, who signed up for a free Bible offer through Facebook a week ago. May the Lord continues to gain these ones.
- Pray for the shepherding for the open ones.
- Pray that the Lord would open the way for Bible study on Solano Community College (Vallejo center) campus.
- Pray for 5 solid families to be gained in Vallejo who will not only appreciate the Bible and ministry but also able to perfect one another.
Thank you very much for all your prayers and for cooperating with the Lord’s move on earth and in the North Bay! The saints here are so thankful that the Lord is faithful to bring the seeking ones to us. Last night was the weekly study hall at the Sonoma House for all the new students. One of the students we met at SRJC last week and had a good time studying the book of Ephesians. He was so grateful to be with us and he said “thank you” at least five times to the host family for opening their home. He also had a Bible study appointment today with a brother to read Ephesians 3; afterwards he was so joyful!
Yesterday at SRJC, one of the trainee brothers brought his ukulele and the saints had a singing time. A student contact from last semester joined them and was very touched by the hymns. This student’s brother studies at SSU was also met by the trainees, and he is looking for Christian friends to pursue the Lord together! We are praying that these two siblings and even their whole family can be connected with the saints.
With many positive responses, we met two very soft and seeking students who called on the Lord’s name, prayed and received the Lord. One of them in today’s appointment realized for the first time that God sacrificed Himself to save us. While he was praying with us, he told the Lord he wanted to know Him more and that he loved the Lord. The other girl from SSU spent her lunch time with us to read through the Mystery of Human Life. She told us her being was warmed up by the word and calling on the Lord’s name. Tomorrow there will be a club fair in SSU. Please pray that many students will be attracted by the Lord and His Word and that the core students can be released from their schedules to function at this event.
Statistics (February 1-2):
Contacted (with information): 26
Second Appointments: 13
- Please pray that the Lord will release and establish the Bible Club in SRJC in a timely way to gather all the good contacts (15-20 students) to get into the Word and the church life.
- That the positive new ones will be solidly connected with the community saints to be shepherded after the gospel trip,
- For the all saints in the gospel trip to be richly supplied and strengthened by the Lord.
Accompanied by the blessing of the saints in Reno, we arrived in Vallejo safely. On Saturday, we participated in the biggest Bible push in the communities of Vallejo. Around 90 saints, many from surrounding localities, joined the door-knocking and tabling efforts. It is an exhibition of the Lord’s Body laboring together. After the gospel activities, we reconvened to share testimonies. And then, we continued with follow up by visitation.
At one home, we discovered that the Bible was requested by a ten-year old girl who eagerly awaited our delivering the Bible. When she and her mother met us at the door, we shared our appreciation of the Lord’s name. Before we left, she called upon the Lord with us! Another young couple welcomed us into their home and we had fellowship for 40 to 50 minutes.
During the entire time, three other saints were praying in the car. We really sensed that their prayers were strengthening and supplying us! How sweet it is to labor by prayer! The next day, after the Lord’s Table, some saints shared their experiences during the sowing trip on Saturday. Many saints were kindled in their spirit and burning for the gospel in Vallejo!
Jesus is Lord in Santa Rosa and the North Bay! Today we had the first Lord’s Table meeting as the Church in Rohnert Park! The saints were full of praises and thanksgivings to the Lord for all that He has done to raise up this new locality. Through all these years, with much steadfast prayers and laboring of the saints, the Lord is able to propagate His testimony in the North Bay to build up His Body. We pray that the Church in Rohnert Park as the golden, shining lampstand will continue to increase and brightly shine forth of the Lord’s expression, that the saints here will be daily strengthened into their inner man to be the Lord’s living testimonies.
Yesterday we had around 60 saints from the Bay Area to participate in the sowing trip in Santa Rosa by door knocking. The saints testified it was very enjoyable and fruitful. The saints gave out about 35 Bibles and got 20 contact info cards. One team told the lady who answered the door that they were with Bibles for America, and she showed them the Recovery Version Bible which she had just received in the mail in that morning. This lady had ordered it over the Internet and showed the saints that she just started reading the book of Matthew that morning. Hallelujah, the Word is running in Santa Rosa.
- Please pray for the follow up of the contacts or Bible recipients from the door knocking that they would get into the truth and appreciate the RcV, that they would keep open and soft for further contact and visitation.
- Please pray for the college students in SSU and SRJC who were contacted that they can be released from all bondage to have Bible study appointments and meetings.
- Please pray that the Lord will burden some young saints, families, and serving ones to move here.
Thank you very much for all your prayers. Tonight we had eight new students come to our college meeting in the Sonoma house. During dinner time, one student who is originally from Iran prayed and received the Lord! She has been in the U.S. for more than two years and currently studies at SRJC and is very open to have more meetings and Bible studies with us. May the Lord richly supply this student to gain her as a remaining fruit.
In the meeting we shared about eating and drinking by reading and praying the word. One of the students from SSU who was in the Wednesday home meeting joined us again tonight, and we pray that the Lord will keep anointing him and go deeper in him as he begins to read and pray-read the word. Another student who received the RcV Bible last semester came tonight and would like to start coming every Friday night if she can.
During the day, we had follow-up with many of our contacts from this week and held a Bible study with some of the students from SSU. There is a student who came to our Bible study right after receiving a tract. She received a Bible and the invitation card last year and had been planning to have a Bible study with us but didn’t get a chance then. This time she spent almost one hour to study the Bible and then we had lunch together. We also had a student get into the book of Matthew and who was connected with the core students at SSU. Tomorrow there will be many saints coming from the Bay Area to Santa Rosa to go door knocking.
- Please pray for all the new students to remain open to the truth and the saints, and that the seeds planted in them would grow unhindered.
- That the core students would be strengthened to be functioning members and get connected with the new students.
- For the Lord to continue His building work in all the local saints and trainees, and in all our laboring and coordination.
- For the community saints who are gathering tomorrow to go door knocking in Santa Rosa, specifically that they would be richly supplied, find the sons of peace, and have the way to establish further contact with ones who are seeking.
These past two days were the final days we spent in Reno. The Lord really gave us a strong conclusion. During our six days in Reno, we passed out in total 1,015 tracts, 161 New Testament Bibles, and had 22 face-to-face appointments.
The past two days were highlighted by 10 face-to-face appointments with students at the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR). Many students were open to know the truth and were willing to have further fellowship with us. One of the students was scheduled to meet for 30 minutes, but the fellowship was so enjoyable that the appointment ended up being an hour and a half.
Another freshman girl who was raised in a Christian family was very impressed hearing from our personal experience with the Lord and read the Basic Elements of Christian Life together with us.
At night, we continued to host UNR students in a home. We provided the students a home atmosphere and fed them with warm homemade food. After dinner, we sang hymns and shared our personal testimonies. All of the new students expressed a willingness to come back again!
On Thursday afternoon, the team and the local saints went out for a picnic, followed by a short hike. At the end of hike, we all felt we had been built together over the past week. When it was finally time to leave, we all wished we had more time together! In the past week, the Lord really inscribed the saints on our hearts!
- Pray the Lord will release the supply from the Body to care for the families and students in Reno.
- Pray for the shepherding and perfecting of the students, so that they can be raised up to function in the church life.
Praise the Lord for His marvelous doing in Santa Rosa through the prayers of the saints! So many students at SSU and SRJC are hungry for the truth. These two days 14 new students contacted us and had Bible studies with us through Bibles distribution. Two students from SSU called on the Lord’s name and received the Lord during Bible studies. One of them came to the home meeting last night and he told us he prayed by himself after the Bible study and felt real peace for the first time in his life! He shared with us his experience of Philippians 4:6-7 which was covered in his Bible study. Please pray for his coming tomorrow night, that he will be solidified by continuing to enjoy the Word of God and be added to the church life. Many students in SRJC came to our table by themselves and asked about the Recovery Version Bible. The saints had three follow up appointments with the students today.
We had a wonderful meeting tonight with six freshmen who came for the first time. Two main contacts brought their friends to the meeting after their classes. We read John 4 and shared about drinking the living water that can quench our deep thirst. The students enjoyed our singing and blending time so much that they would like to come back tomorrow. Please also pray for these students to touch the Lord in their spirits, enter into the full enjoyment and come to see the glorious church life.
Please pray for making a way to have a Bible club at Santa Rosa Junior College. Pray that the Lord would raise up a faculty member to be the advisor for sponsoring the Bible Club. Please pray for those who had Bible studies with us this week to continue to be open to the ministry of this age and also to the saints, that they would be remaining fruit. Please pray for tomorrow’s Feasting Friday, that many new students and contacts will be released to come freely. May the Lord draw them with His presence and touch their spirits.
Statistics (January 27 & 28):
Contacted (with information): 44
Bible Study Appointments:14
We are so encouraged that the Lord is faithful to grant us open and seeking ones through our prayers. The fields are already white for harvest! As of the past two days, 83 people gave their contact information to us and many would like to have a Bible study or further appointments. Last night we had 11 students, including new ones came to our meeting. One of them who met us during the day came to the dinner and fellowship later that night. Another genuine believer we met today told us he read Sit, Walk, Stand by Watchman Nee. He is very open to this ministry and wants to bring his friends to meet with us tomorrow.
Some stopped by our table and even had Bible studies with us immediately in the Student Center. At Santa Rosa Junior College, we were told not to go around the campus to actively initiate contact by passing out tracts but rather just to stay by the table. Still, the Lord faithfully brought many genuinely pursuing students who love the word. One student left his contact information and returned later to share some verses (Heb. 6:10-11) to encourage us! Please pray that no restriction will hinder the Lord’s move, but rather really reveal and bring the genuine seekers to us.
Team Statistics (as of January 25-26, 2016):
Bibles Passed Out: 78
Contacts (with information): 83
Bible Study Appointments: 6
- Many students will be committed to all the appointments - either Bible studies, dinner and fellowship, and/or college meeting.
- All our promising contacts will make solid connections with the local saints.
- Serving ones will be supplied abundantly to follow-up and shepherd each contact to meet their specific need.
On the third and fourth day in Reno, we were tabling at the University of Nevada, Reno. The campus students were friendly and many received gospel tracts. We passed out 600+ tracts and gave away 101 New Testaments.
On the campus, we conversed with many students, who are in particular environments for them to know the Lord and to experience the Lord. We have been arranging appointments with the open students to connect to the local saints.
On Monday night, we invited the students to gather at a home near campus. One young man came and we had a cherishing dinner and nourishing time. He commented that he has never been in an atmosphere of singing and enjoying the Lord before. He felt he was helped by us to turn to the Lord.
Our sense is that many believers on the campus are limited in the objective knowledge and the subjective experience of the Lord.
Following the campus time, we meet at the campus house for reporting, coordinating, and praying. We treasure the fellowship in the Body so much, blending in a thorough way to match the Lord’s move and burden in Reno.
- Pray for the local saints to be burdened and to be enlarged in their capacity to shepherd
- Pray for the proper follow up with the open ones and the appointments help them to touch the Lord
- Pray for the Lord to gain key ones in Reno
Praise the Lord! Our gospel team arrived at the receiving families’ on Friday night. In the next two weeks the trainees with the full-timers will mainly labor on two campuses: Sonoma State University (SSU) and Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC) on weekdays. During the weekends the local saints from the Bay Area will come to join us and preach the gospel in the communities. Last night, we assembled free Bibles with the community saints and had a wonderful orientation meeting.
Today, the Church in Rohnert Park was officially announced as a new lampstand in the North Bay, California! The first table meeting as the Church in Rohnert Park will start this next coming Lord’s day. Rohnert Park is about 15 minutes away from south of Santa Rosa and is home to Sonoma State University. Under the Lord’s sovereignty and blessing, many students from SSU and SRJC were brought into the church life this past year, also with several saints and families moving here, the Lord raised up this new locality to be His testimony in San Francisco North Bay.
- Pray that the Church in Rohnert Park will keep growing in an unhindered way and the saints will be strengthened into their inner man to gain more increase for the Lord’s strong testimony here.
- Pray that the Lord will strengthen the core students to release their functions during the next two weeks so that they can coordinate with the local saints and trainees to gain more sons of peace from SSU and SRJC.
Praise the Lord! Our first two days in Reno have been filled with door-knocking and tabling in the community. We passed out almost 300 Bible offer cards, 37 Bibles, and had 83 solid gospel conversations. Six even prayed with us!
The Lord’s Recovery is very small in Reno, but we have been so encouraged by the flood of support from the nearby localities. Many drive hours to join in our gospel outreach. It is surely the Lord’s Body that is bearing His move in Reno.
These past two days, we would go door-knocking earlier in the day then follow that with a time of testimonies. There were so many encouraging stories! One gentleman that we met was so happy to receive the Recovery Version and he expressed to us that he missed the mutuality of smaller church gatherings. We were reminded of how God desires for His people to meet house to house. Surely the Lord is recovering this!
On the Lord’s Day, saints from the Sacramento area traveled to Reno to enjoy the Lord’s Table and prophesying meeting together. It was a wonderful time of blending! Around 50 saints attended and it was the largest gathering of the church in Reno to date (the usual attendance is 15 saints)! Following that, we had lunch together and many stayed for another time of door-knocking in the community.
- Of the 83 homes that were open to converse with us, we were able to have follow-up contact with only seven of them. Please pray that the ones who were open for more contact would stay hungry for the Lord and that we would be able to have further fellowship with them.
- Tomorrow we will preach the gospel on the University of Nevada, Reno. Please pray that many seeking students would be caught and come into the enjoyment of the day-by-day church life that we have here.
We have concluded our gospel trip with many praises to the Lord with all the saints here in Novato and Santa Rosa. During the past two weeks, 3,556 gospel tracts and BfA free offers were passed out, 417 RcV Bibles were distributed, 510 people talked with us, 46 prayed and received the Lord, 38 appointments/Bible studies were held on campus and 47 homes were visited by the saints. As of today, we have 70 students from Sonoma State University (SSU) on the Bible club’s email list, and even though we didn’t have capacity to labor on the Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC), the Lord still brought 16 SRJC student contacts through door-knocking. Among all the student contacts, we identified 20 students from SSU and about 12 students from SRJC as the most positive contacts to labor on in the future. Ten students from SSU attended the college meeting on Friday nights and are connected with the saints. Three new ones attended the Lord’s table meeting on 2/8/2015, one of them attended for the second time. Two of these new ones spent the Lord’s day afternoon with the saints and had dinner with us in a saint’s home.
We also have about 12 homes in the community open for us to come back to have Bible studies at their place, and more than 40 homes are open to revisit/follow-up. The harvest is great but the workers few. But all of us are so much encouraged and shepherded by the saints here, and our hearts are so touched by how they just pour out everything to the Lord. May the Lord richly bless the Santa Rosa/Novato area with many remaining fruit and gain the brightly shining lampstands!
- Campus: Please pray for 20 core SSU student contacts and the core SRJC student contacts, that they would grow in life, enjoy and remain in the church life, and be normal functioning members of the Body of Christ. May the Lord gain many more students through the testimony and witness of these students. Please pray for the continuation of the Bible studies, study nights, and college meetings at SSU, and future opportunities to blend with Berkeley and San Francisco. May the Lord capture many young hearts for His building.
- Community: Please pray for the revisiting of the warm doors we gained by door-knocking. May the Lord guide the saints in spending their time and energy and lead the saints to visit the genuine seekers. May the Lord gain some open homes through the saints’ visits and raise up the lampstands in Santa Rosa and Novato!
- Please pray that the Lord would burden some young saints, families, and serving ones to move to this white field.
2/6/15: Praise the Lord that eight students from Sonoma State University (SSU) attended the college meeting tonight; four came last Friday and four for the first time. We also had one faculty from SSU joined us tonight. We had dinner together followed by singing, and then we got into three groups and fellowshipped on the precious blood of Christ. One new student was deeply touched that sin causes us to be separated from God but we can simply confess that sin to God and believe that the blood of Jesus has taken that sin away. She felt she is away from God in the past year and she is so happy she is here tonight. The family invited the students to come back Monday nights for study time and all the students also would love to come back next Friday. Some of them stay for game and made good connections with each other. Please pray for all these students that they can continue growing in life and enjoying the church life with all the saints.
It was raining during the day so we all went to door-knocking. Praise the Lord for a wonderful raining day that kept many people home. We had six teams and the saints went door to door and were rejoicing in the rain. Eleven more Bibles were given to this neighborhood and two people prayed and received the Lord. We also had two Bible studies with two students during the day. One is a student came to the college meeting last Friday and she is interested in joining the Thursday Bible study at the dorm.
2/7/15: We had a wonderful day out door knocking. We had 55 saints form 18 teams and go door to door in Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park; 46 Bibles were given out and 34 people are open for revisit/follow up. We also met some students from Santa Rosa Junior College who would be interested in Bible studies. Many saints testified that this is the most open area they had been, and the population is mostly typical Americans. We have 197 contacts in our database so far who we met in the past two weeks and are open for follow up. The field is white but workers few. Please pray for the saints in this area. May the Lord bless their labor and gain some open homes and have an organic growth in Santa Rosa and Novato. Please also pray that the Lord will send supply, that some young saints, families and serving ones would migrate and join the labor here.
Team Statistics (As of 2/7/2015):
- Tracts/Free Bible offers distributed: 3556
- Bibles/Ministry Books distributed: 417
- Contacted (>30s): 510
- Those who prayed or were saved: 46
- Number of appointments: 38
- Number visited: 47
- SSU Campus: Please pray for current twenty core student contacts, that they would grow in life, enjoy and remain in the church life, and be normal functioning members of the Body of Christ. Please pray for the continuation of the Bible studies, study nights, and college meetings at SSU, that many student would be captured and supplied by the Word of God.
- Community: Please pray for the revisit of the warm doors we gained by door knocking. May the Lord lead the saints to the open ones for follow up and revisit; and may the Lord gain some open homes through the saints’ visits and raise up the lampstand in Santa Rosa!
- Please pray that the Lord would burden some young saints, families, and serving ones to move to this white field.
In Merced, we have been visiting and meeting up with the positive contacts that we have received from UC Merced, Merced Community College (MCC), and the community. In all of our contact, we are connecting the new ones to local saints so that there would be a smooth and efficient hand-off.
On February 5, we had several appointments with seeking ones in the morning, we even met in the homes of some of the contacts. In the afternoon, we had a Bible study on the UC Merced campus where we really enjoyed seeing the church as the Body of Christ. Immediately after, we went to the Hymns by Guitar Open Session on the MCC campus where we played various instruments and joyfully sang hymns to the Lord with new ones. Although many weren’t familiar with the hymns that we sang, they appreciated the content of the songs and spiritual atmosphere of the open session. Several confirmed that they would be seeing us the following week. We ended the night with fellowship and games with young people in a local family’s home!
On February 6, we continued to have appointments with new ones and the local saints. Because there are so many new and open ones, there really is a need for a larger number of saints to bear the burden. So many are hungry for the truths in the Word and for the ministry. Every person that we had an appointment with had the desire to meet regularly. Thus, we are really praying for some to rise up, for homes to open, and for couples to migrate here.
- Pray that there would be a smooth transition and hand-off of the positive contacts we met during this gospel trip to the local saints in Merced.
- Pray that the weather would be conducive to the gospel.
- Pray that there would be at least one baptism in Merced.
Praise the Lord that we had a Bible study at the student dorm with five freshman girls this evening. Two local sisters joined one trainee sister to facilitate the Bible study. In the beginning we spent some time to get to know each other. Some of them have never read the Bible before so we started with Matthew chapter 1. The students also got connected with each other and would like to keep this Thursday Bible study time at the dorm. One student that we met very briefly last week stopped by the Bible club table again and joined us for dinner at the saint’s house. He also had a short Bible study after dinner with some brothers. He is a Christian and we read and fellowshipped some verses and footnotes in Revelation. On Tuesday (2/3) night we sent out a survey to find out the Bible study time for the rest of the semester and as of today (2/5) ten students have responded. Please pray that the Lord will continue draw all these students and preserve them a pure heart to pursue Him.
- SSU Campus—Please pray that the Lord will release and bring many students to the college meeting this Friday (2/6).
- Please pray for the Bible studies the rest of this semester, that many student would be captured and supplied by the Word of God.
- Please pray for current twenty core student contacts, that they would enjoy and remain in the church, grow in life, and be normal functioning members of the Body of Christ.
- Community—Please pray for the revisit of the warm doors we gained in door knocking. May the Lord warm their heart through our revisit and open up more opportunities for further fellowship. We expect 56 saints from Northern California to join us this Saturday 2/7 to continue the door knocking in Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park. May the Lord gain some open homes in the community through the saints’ visits!
- Please pray that the Lord would burden some young saints, families, and serving ones to move to this white field.
We are very thankful for your prayers and we praise the Lord for His marvelous work through all the saints. Today twenty seven saints from Northern California labored with us on the Sonoma State University (SSU) and its nearby communities. Six SSU students attended the Bible studies on campus and enjoyed the truth opened up by the footnotes. Some of them are also planning to come to the college meeting this Friday. Please pray that the Lord will bind any distractions and release many students to come enjoy the feast this Friday night! We also had one student open up for us to come to her dorm tomorrow night to have a freshmen Bible study; and as of now eight freshmen girls are planning to come. Please pray for this very first Bible study at the dorm and may the Lord bring in the shepherds to continue taking care of these dear students after the gospel trip.
The community teams are also very much encouraged by the Lord. We had six teams go out in the community near SSU; eleven people received a RcV Bible, four of them prayed and received the Lord, and four of them are open for us to revisit. One team visited a student at SSU that we just met at the table last week, and she is a very genuine seeker of the Lord. The saints were planning to visit her for 20 min but it turned out to be a 1.5 hour Bible study. The saints studied Philippians chapter three with her and she was very impressed by the RcV footnote and kept asking how often we do this kind of Bible study. She is in her senior year and she shared with us that she always has a heart to go to Bible school after graduating from college. May the Lord preserve her heart with the shepherding of the saints and lead her clearly in her last year of college.
Tonight we also had a home meeting with the saints in Novato and Santa Rosa. Throughout this gospel trip all of the trainees are very much watered by the dear saints in this area; their hearts for the Lord, their fresh consecrations to the Lord, their taking care of one another, and their rejoicing spirit all shepherd us very much. Praise the Lord for the brightly shining lampstand in Novato and Santa Rosa!
- SSU Campus: Please pray for the Bible study at the student dorm on Thursday night and college meeting on Friday night. Please pray for our current twenty solid contacts and pray that the Lord will bring some more genuine seekers in the next two days, especially raise up some young brothers at SSU. We pray that all these contacts will remain in the church, grow in life, and be normal functioning members of the Body of Christ.
- Community: Please pray for the revisiting of the warm doors we gained in door-knocking. May the Lord warm their heart through our revisit and open up more opportunities for further fellowship. We expect 56 saints from Northern California to join us this Saturday 2/7 to continue the door knocking in Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park. May the Lord gain some open homes in the community through the saints’ visit!
In Merced, we are continuing to focus much of our attention on following up with the positive and open contacts that we have received from UC Merced, Merced Community College (MCC), and the community.
On February 2, we visited Yosemite National Park with the team on our off day and after we got back, we had a love feast at a brother’s house with a new student contact and two Christians from a free group. Almost everyone shared their testimony and their enjoyment from the week. There was such a loving atmosphere that really helped to open the hearts of the new ones to the Word and to the truth.
On February 3, we joined the Hymns by Guitar club on the MCC campus during the first day of their club week. This college is particular in that clubs can only be established if there is a tangible purpose or reason for the club. Thus, the saints decided to teach guitar as a venue to spread spiritual songs and establish a Christian presence on the campus. 16 contacts signed up to join us on February 4 for an open session where students would lead new ones in the playing and singing of hymns.
- Pray that there would be the proper follow-up with the UC Merced and Merced Community College students and the community.
- Pray that there would be many students gained from the Hymns by Guitar open session.
- Pray that there would be at least one baptism in Merced.
Thank you very much for your prayers! The Lord is truly leading us victoriously through the prayers of all the saints! Today one community team visited 10 houses in Santa Rosa and delivered the Bibles to them. These are the contacts from the 44 orders we received by door knocking last Saturday 1/31. Out of these 10 recipients, three are open for us to revisit again in the future and possibly have a Bible study at their place. Please continue praying for our revisiting of these 44 contacts in Santa Rosa and may the Lord gain some open homes!
The campus team had two appointments with two new students. We also narrowed down our current student contacts to about twenty solid contacts who have attended some of our events and are positive genuine seekers. One new student who attended the college meeting last Friday came again to the family and hung out with the family and some trainee sisters this evening. She confirmed that she would like to come again this Friday night for the college meeting. The family also plans to have a study night for the students at their place every Monday. Please continue praying for the shepherding of the new students and may the Lord make them useful vessels for His building.
We also had a glorious prayer meeting tonight with the saints in Novato and Santa Rosa. The Lord has won the victory and we stand with Him!
- Please pray for the follow up contact with the twenty solid SSU students, that the Lord will bring them again to the Bible studies and the college meetings and build them up with the local saints.
- Please pray that the Lord will bring some more genuine seekers to the Bible club table in the next three days, especially raise up some brothers at SSU. We pray that all these contacts will remain in the church, grow in life, and be normal functioning members of the Body of Christ.
- Please pray for the Bible club at SSU. Tomorrow is the last chance for the sister to attend the charter meeting to keep the club official, and may the Lord bind any distractions. We currently have 53 students in the Bible club’s email list and will send out an email regarding some of our activities (i.e. Bible studies, college meeting). We also have created a Facebook page for the club. * * Please pray that the Lord will visit the students through the emails and postings and warm their hearts to pursue Him.
- Please pray for the revisiting of the 44 homes in Santa Rosa. May the Lord warm their heart through our second visit and open up more opportunities for further fellowship with them. We expect 55 saints from Northern California to join us this Saturday to continue the door knocking. May the Lord gain some open homes through the saints’ visit!
Praise the Lord we started a new week in Sonoma State University (SSU)! There are fifteen local saints and serving ones from Northern California joined us. We continued the Bible club table on SSU campus; two community teams continued door-knocking in the community nearby SSU; and two community teams start revisiting the 44 homes we met last Saturday for Bible delivery and follow-up appointments.
The campus team had two Bible studies and one appointment with new students today. One of them is a Christian sister and she enjoyed the Bible study very much and was impressed by how deep the footnotes in RcV open up the Bible. Another Christian sister who attended the Bible study also has a good heart for God and is very open and receptive. Both of them may come join us for the Friday college meeting. Please pray that the Lord will bring them for dinner this week and connect them with the local saints.
Two new students joined us for dinner tonight, the sister who was saved on Friday and the sister who attended the Lord’s table yesterday, and we had a study night together in the saint’s house. We are very happy that they are comfortable with us and found their family away from home.
The two community teams revisited some of the homes from Santa Rosa, the 44 contacts we received from door-knocking on Saturday 1/31. We talked to seven of them who were home when we revisited and two of them are very positive and open to be revisited again. One of the Bible recipients is a seeking believer and currently has a small Bible study with two other Christian brothers in their place. We met them and they invited us to come back next Saturday for a Bible study at their place. Please pray that the Lord will bless this time and keep them pursuing him and know His heart desire.
- Please pray for our coordination with the local saints regarding the continuation of the follow up and shepherding of the new contacts after our departure. May the Lord use this last week of the gospel trip to gain solid remaining fruits and carry on the campus work at SSU.
- Pray that the Lord will gain five core students and 15 solid contacts by the end of this gospel trip.
- Please pray that the Lord will release more students to attend the Bible studies, appointments, and the second Friday night college meeting during this week. May the Lord attract many more to be captured by the truth and the sweet church life.
- Please pray for the revisiting of the 44 homes in Santa Rosa who are open to receive a Bible. May the Lord warm their hearts through our second visit and open up more opportunities for further fellowship with them.
Praise the Lord we had a very enjoyable Lord’s table this morning. One new student from Sonoma State University (SSU) attended the Lord’s table meeting for the very first time. The saints continued the fellowship on consecration and the speaking is very refreshing. In the afternoon this student sister had a very enjoyable time with the saints exploring San Francisco. We had dinner together at a saint’s home in Novato in the evening. This new sister is a freshman at SSU; she grew up in a Christian family but hasn’t been baptized yet. She enjoyed the time with the saints today and enjoyed the college meeting on Friday, and she is looking forward to come back to the second college meeting on 2/6/2015 and may also join us for dinner some days this week. Please pray for this dear sister, that the Lord will renew her day by day and keep her enjoying the gathering with the saints and remain in the church life.
- Please pray for the sister who got saved on Friday 1/30/2015 and the sister who attended the Lord’s table today. May the Lord release their baptism soon and fully transfer them into the kingdom of God. Please pray that the Lord will preserve their hearts, renew their mind day by day, and make them vital and functioning members in the Body.
- Please pray that the Lord will gain five core students and 15 solid contacts by the end of this gospel trip. May the second week will be a reaping week and the Lord will release more appointments, Bible studies, and home visitations.
- Please pray that the Lord will release more students to come to the second college meeting on Friday 2/6/2015 to enjoy the feast.
- Please pray for the follow up of the Bible recipients in SSU and the communities. Pray that the Lord will press them to get into the truth and appreciate the life in the Bible. Please pray for more opportunities for us to revisit them or follow up with them in the future.
Praise the Lord we had a wonderful sowing day at Santa Rosa! About sixty saints from Northern California joined us and we formed 19 teams to go door-knocking in the city of Santa Rosa, in the area near the Santa Rosa Junior College. The saints went out from 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM and we had a short overflow meeting after lunch, and all the saints are very encouraged by the door-knocking experience and are surprised by how open and friendly people are in this area. 552 tracts/free Bible offers were distributed, 44 people requested a RcV Bible and gave us their contact information, and 10 prayed and received the Lord. We will revisit the 44 people and deliver the Bible to them. May the Lord open up more opportunities for us to meet them in person again and encourage them to get into the truth.
One Christian sister from Sonoma State University (SSU) attended a one-on-one Bible study with us and joined us for the college meeting yesterday. She is a sophomore at SSU and attended Christian schools before college. She shared with us that in high school she prayed that the Lord will make her hot for Him during college, but she was very disappointed in her freshman year and she couldn’t find any Christian group that is genuinely seeking the Lord. She said that she was disappointed that the Christian students here are lukewarm, and she kept saying that she is so excited that she found us! She enjoyed the college meeting last night and has made a good connection with the local saints. Please pray that the Lord will continue reviving this sister, increase her enjoyment in the church life, and companionize her with other sisters to pursue the Lord together. Please also pray for all the Christians at SSU, that the Lord will cast fire on this campus and turn the lukewarmness to fire.
- 2-3 new students from SSU will come to the Lord’s table meeting at Novato tomorrow. Please pray that the Lord will keep their hearts soft and open and enjoy His presents at the meeting. They will visit San Francisco with the trainees in the afternoon. Please pray for more opportunities to strengthen the connection with these two students and to water the life in them.
- Please pray for the follow-up of the 44 contacts we met from door-knocking today. We will revisit the houses to deliver the Bible and may the Lord opens up more opportunities for us to meet them in person again.
- Please continue praying for the campus work at SSU, that next week will be a reaping week and the Lord will gain five core students and 15 solid contacts by the end of the gospel trip, and that these students will enjoy and remain in the sweet church life and be captured by a controlling vision of God’s economy.
In Merced, we are beginning to focus much of our attention on following up with the positive and open contacts that we have received from UC Merced, Merced Community College, and the community. There have been a number of contacts who have met with us for personal Bible studies and they have really been receptive to the light in the Word as revealed by the ministry.
On January 30, we had a BBQ for UC Merced students and it was wonderful! There was a prevailing family atmosphere that was conducive to much intimate and warm fellowship. We really enjoyed singing with one another and sharing our enjoyment from the Word with one another. Several new ones learned about their human spirit and received the Lord into their spirit by calling on the Lord for the first time!
On January 31, about 40 saints from the Bay Area, CA and San Diego, CA joined Merced to go door-knocking. It was awesome seeing the members of the Body support Merced! We had eight teams go out to hand out Bibles, ministry materials, and tracts. When the saints returned, all of their faces were glowing with the joy of preaching the gospel and spreading the Word!
- Pray that there would be the proper follow-up with the UC Merced and Merced Community College students and the community.
- Pray that we would continue to pray ourselves into the oneness of the Triune God before doing anything.
- Pray that there would be at least one baptism in Merced.
Thank you so much for your prayers! We had a wonderful college meeting tonight in the saint’s house which is cross street from the campus. Because this is our very first campus meeting at Sonoma State University (SSU) and we just start sending out invitations yesterday, in the afternoon the saints knelt down and cried out desperate prayers to the Lord that He would find and bring the genuine seekers. The Lord is faithful! We had six students join us, including one existing student, and all of them are very open. We broke into four groups and fellowshipped on the assurance of salvation. All the students got a chance to share in their group and one student prayed and got saved! The rest of the students are Christians and they shared in their groups how they touched the Lord. When we got back together to overflow, another new student shared her enjoyment during the fellowship, that the Spirit witnesses with our spirit. The atmosphere is very loving and joyful. Three of the students confirmed that they would like to come to the Lord’s day table and two more students may join us as well. The trainees and some local saints also plan to spend the Lord’s Day afternoon with them to visit San Francisco. Please pray that the Lord will bring these students to the Lord’s table and keep their hearts soft and open to Him.
We also have received positive contacts from the door-knocking team. One team went to deliver the Bible to a man and he left a note at the door saying that he is very sorry he had to run for an errand but he would appreciate for us to leave the Bible for him, and he wants to get a contact number and is very interested in future Bible studies. Two more people from the community prayed and received the Lord today.
Tomorrow we expect 30-40 saints from North California to join us and all of us will go door-knocking in Santa Rosa. Please pray that the Lord will warm many hearts and lead us to the sons of peace.
Statistics: 1830 Tracts/Free Bible offers, 192 Bibles/Rhema sets, 265 contacts, 19 prayed/saved, 14 appointments, 20 visitations
- Please pray for the six students who attended the college meeting tonight, that the Lord will continue operating in them and go deeper in their hearts. Pray that they would come back again and again and enjoy the church life.
- Please pray for the door-knocking tomorrow in the community. We are expecting around 30-40 saints from North California join us. Pray that many household would be open and receive the Word of God, and the Lord would gain some open houses in this area.
- Please continue praying for the campus work at SSU, that the Lord will gain 5 core students and 15 solid contacts by the end of the gospel trip, and these students will enjoy and remain in the sweet church life and be captured by a controlling vision of God’s economy.
Praise the Lord that more appointments and visitations are released today, and we had two more small Bible studies with two very open students. As of today 156 Bibles have been distributed on SSU campus and the nearby community, and 25 recipients indicated they are interested in Bible studies.
We will have our very first college meeting tomorrow (Friday) night and we start sending flyers on campus today. We also sent out the email invitations to 52 students who are open for further contact. Tomorrow we will continue passing out flyers to students and please pray that the Lord will draw the genuine seeking ones to this meeting and touch their hearts.
The door knocking team met with a Christian sister at her house and she is very open. She is a senior student at SSU. She grew up in a Christian family and went to a Christian elementary school and middle school. However she has not found a Christian group to meet with in college as there are only two other Christian groups at SSU. We revisited her tonight and sat down with her in her house and read through The Mystery of Human Life. She also prayed with us. We invited her to the college meeting tomorrow and will pick her up. May the Lord go deeper in our dear sister and bring her to the saints’ homes.
- Please pray for the college meeting on Friday night, that the Lord will draw many contacts from this week and release them from their busy schedule.Pray that the Lord will bless the atmosphere and intensify the spirit to flow freely to the new ones.
- Please pray for many divine appointments with the new contacts. We also have three slots of small Bible studies every day; please pray that many seeking ones could join and be captured by the truth.
- The Lord will gain five core students and 15 solid contacts by the end of the gospel trip, and that these students will enjoy and remain in the church life and be captured by a controlling vision of God’s economy.
During these past two days, we have been setting up BfA tables on the UC Merced and Merced Community College campuses while door knocking in the nearby community. It has been awesome seeing the hunger for the Word in the college students in Merced. We passed out over 40 Bibles along with many ministry materials!
The saints in Merced really have the burden that there would be the proper and adequate follow-up with all of the positive contacts, so we have been strategically organizing, coordinating with the saints, and contacting seeking ones immediately. Praise the Lord that He responded to our prayer by giving us several follow-up appointments and Bible studies, some students even met with us the day after initial contact and their responses to our appointments have been incredibly encouraging! May the Lord continue to draw these seeking ones through the Word and stir up a hunger in their spirit for further fellowship!
- Pray that there would be the proper follow-up with the UC Merced and Merced Community College students and the community.
- Pray for the UC Merced BBQ that students would be connected to core students.
- Pray that we would continue to pray ourselves into the oneness.
Praise the Lord, two students joined us for a short Bible study today at Sonoma State University (SSU)! One of them is a very genuine seeker and he is currently a senior at SSU. We also had an appointment with a Catholic girl who received a Bible on Monday. She is very interested in reading the Bible and we scheduled a Bible study with her tomorrow. As of today we have 61 people who are open for further contact and many are interested in reading the Bible. The general feelings of the saints is that the harvest is great at SSU but the workers few. May the Lord gain some core ones during this gospel trip and continually supply all the local saints.
We revisited the three young men (two current students and one recently graduated) who live blocks away from the saints’ house. Although none of them were home, the Lord sovereignly arranged us to meet with their other roommate, and now we’ve met all the four students in this house. We invited them for dinner at the saints’ house and the team plans to introduce them to some young trainee brothers tomorrow. May the Lord truly warm their hearts and gain this group of young men!
- The Lord will gain five core students and 15 solid contacts by the end of the gospel trip and that these students will enjoy and remain in the church life and be captured by a controlling vision of God’s economy.
- Tomorrow is the club fair of SSU. Please pray for many students to be draw by the Lord. We will have a college meeting this Friday night and continue the on-spot 20 minutes Bible studies every weekday. Please pray that the Lord will supply each trainee and serving ones abundantly, and release many seekers to join and see His heart desire.
Twenty local saints and serving ones from Northern California joined us today, and we continued the gospel outreach on Sonoma State University (SSU) and the nearby communities. We are very encouraged that the Lord is so faithful to guide and lead us through our prayers. This is our second day out at SSU, and so far there are 26 students open for further contact and 21 people from the community open to have us come back to their house to deliver the Bible to them. Among these 47 contacts, 13 of them prayed with us and received the Lord, and 13 students are interested in joining a Bible study.
- Two sisters had our first appointment with a freshman Christian sister who we met yesterday at the table. The sisters had a very enjoyable time together. This student is very open and would like to join us for dinner this Friday. Please pray that she can make it to the dinner this Friday and be well connected with the saints.
- The sister’s two friends that we met on 1/25 and 1/26 came for dinner tonight and we spent about an hour after dinner singing to the Lord. Please continue to pray that life will grow in these two friends, preserve them in the church life, and the Lord will continue building up the companionship of these three freshmen sisters.
- Yesterday the door-knocking team met with three students who live across the street from campus and the house is only several blocks away from the saint’s house. Two of them prayed and received the Lord. We revisited them today to deliver the Bibles, and they appreciated the footnotes very much. They are open to have a bible study with the saints. Please pray for the follow up contact with them. May the Lord open up the opportunity to have a small bible study at their house.
- Please continue praying for the gospel outreach on the SSU campus and the nearby community, that the gospel will reach out to people in an unhindered way, that many hearts will turn from darkness to light and life.
- We can invite our contacts for dinner at the saint’s house every day during these two weeks. Please pray that the Lord will gain some core students to have a taste of the sweet church life and be captured by the controlling vision of God’s economy.
- We are very encouraged that many students are interested in joining a Bible study, but with our current capacity we can only provide one Bible study each week. It is a challenge to fit everyone’s schedule. Please pray that the Lord would lead us and sovereignly arrange the best time and location for this semester’s Bible study.
- Also pray that the Lord would burden some young saints and families to move to this white field.
Praise the Lord for the supply of the Body of Christ. Today, we split into two different groups to contact people. UC Merced held its club fair today, so a group of us went to support the Christians on Campus table. We were able to gain a list of positive contacts and even schedule appointments with them later this week! A core student was so encouraged and burdened to preach the gospel after going out with some of us to contact students personally.
The other group, joined by saints from Fresno, CA and Auburn, CA, went door knocking in the Bellevue Ranch community. We knocked on over 100 doors, passed out 9 Bibles and other materials, scheduled follow-up appointments, and even saved an UC Merced student! May the Lord continue to bless and open all of the doors in the Mercd community as well as draw the seeking Christian students on the UC Merced campus!
- Pray that there would be the proper follow up with the UC Merced students and the community.
- Pray for the BfA table on Merced Community College tomorrow.
- Pray that we would be brought into the oneness for the outpoured blessing.
Praise the Lord, we had a great beginning in Sonoma State University (SSU) today! Fifteen local saints and serving ones from North California joined us, and we split and sent the team to both the SSU campus and the nearby community. The campus team set up two tables right in front of the SSU cafeteria for three hours at noon. It is a very good location on campus for contacting students. We distributed 31 Bibles on campus; fourteen of the students are willing to be contacted and nine of them are interested in having Bible studies with us. We started following up with them this evening to set up some appointments during this week. The community team went to the neighborhood around the SSU campus, the residence of many students as well. We met eight positive contacts from the community who are willing to have us come back to deliver the Bible to them and four of them prayed to receive the Lord.
This evening we met again with the sister’s friend who is currently a freshmen at SSU; she is one of the two students we met on 1/25. She already has a very good connection with the family that lives close to campus and she is currently considering to move in to live with the saints. She is comfortable to attend the home meetings and Bible studies as long as her schedule allows and she enjoyed spending time with the sisters. May the Lord continue building up the companionship of these two sisters and bless their college years in the church life.
- Continue praying for the gospel outreach on the SSU campus. In the next two weeks we will continue to have the table on campus for three hours a day and continue door knocking in the community. Please pray that the Lord will bind the strong man, release the captives, and recover the sight of the blind; that many students would have a taste of the truth, touch their spirit, and be well connected with the saints. Please also pray for our follow-up appointments with the open ones.
- Please pray for the neighborhood around the SSU campus, that many doors will be open and many seeking ones will appreciate the truth. May the Lord gain more households in this neighborhood to love Him, enjoy Him, and serve Him. We are still waiting for the room request from the school for the Bible study. Please pray that the Lord would release the best location for us this week to conduct the Bible studies.
We attended our first Lord’s Table meeting in Novato with eighteen local saints. We praise the Lord for the sweet church life here. The saints have been enjoying a three-week material on consecration, and all the saints are deeply touched by how normal and indispensable it is to walk the way of consecration in our day to day living. Many praises, prayers and consecrations are freshly offered to the Lord. After the prophesying meeting we had a love feast with all the saints and enjoyed a precious blending time together.
During the evening we had our coordination time to prepare for tomorrow’s gospel outreach. We will have one team going to Sonoma State University (SSU) and one team go door-knocking in the nearby community. We ended our coordination time with strong prayers that the Lord would flow freely through us during the next two weeks and gain many young open hearts.
We are all very encouraged that the Lord is faithful to guide us through our prayers. “You should go forth and bear fruit and that your fruit should remain,” (John 15:16). One sister brought two of her friends from SSU for dinner tonight, both of them are freshmen and have some Catholic background. We shared some of our stories on how we touched the church life and how we experienced the Lord in our college years. Both of them are very open and positive, and they prayed with us after dinner.
- Please pray for the gospel outreach tomorrow, that the Lord would flow freely through the saints and gain many seekers in this area.
- Please pray for the campus work on SSU, that the Lord will gain five core students and fifteen solid contacts who will remain in the bible study and enjoy the church life during this semester
- Please pray for the two students that we met today, that the Lord would touch them in a deeper way, supply them in all situations through His Word, strengthen their connections with the saints, and make them living and functioning members in the Body of Christ.
Praise the Lord for the church in Merced! We arrived on Saturday, January 24 and right when we arrived, we joined a welcome-back dinner for the Merced College and UC Merced Bible study. This time was intimate and sweet with about 18 students. Many of them were very new and some were even there for the first time, but they were open to fellowship and were extremely receptive to God’s economy. We ended the night by calling on the Lord in five different languages! It was the first time many of them called on the Lord audibly with others and in their native tongue!
Today, we set up two BfA distribution tables at the Merced Mall, one with English materials and another with Spanish materials. It was encouraging to see that almost all of the saints from the church participated in the distribution of the Bible and various tracts. There were many local contacts of all different ages and stages. Many appreciated the interpretation of the Word with the footnotes and were very open to further contact with the saints. Near the end of our distribution, we ran out of English Bibles so there were even several ones who said that they would be coming back the next week to pick up their own Bible!
- We will be contacting the ones who have given us their contact information this week. Pray that the church would rise up and adequately follow-up with all of these positive ones.
- Pray for UC Merced and Merced College and the receptiveness of the students to the gospel, Bible studies, and BfA distribution.
- Pray for the health of the trainees and laboring saints.
Praise the Lord our team has arrived Santa Rosa/Novato area this afternoon! We have nine trainees on this team. In addition, there are around eight full-timers and more than thirty local saints from the Berkeley and San Francisco area plan to join us partially during our two-week stay. There are three campuses in this area: Sonoma State University, Santa Rosa Junior College, and College of Marin. Although the saints currently have some contacts in each of these campuses, the main burden during these two weeks is on Sonoma State University.
This evening we had dinner with some local saints at a house right next to the gate of the Sonoma State University. We were all very impressed by how wonderfully the Lord has prepared this place for the church life in the past few months. The location and the structure of the house are very convenient to have students over. Currently there is a core family and one student living in this house. The saints have registered a Bible club and plan to have Bible studies at Sonoma State University throughout the semester.
- The Lord will gain five core students and fifteen solid contacts who will remain in the church life and enjoy the bible studies during this semester
- The coordination among the local saints, the serving ones and the trainees. There will be a kickoff meeting tomorrow evening after the Lord’s Table meeting.
- The Lord will burden some young families to migrate to this area
Reports By City
- Chico, CA
- Clemson, SC
- Clovis, CA
- El Paso, TX
- Everett, WA
- Folsom, CA
- Hamilton, ONT
- Kalamazoo, MI
- Kitchener, ONT
- Laredo, TX
- Lawrence, KS
- Lethbridge, AB
- Manassas, VA
- Morgan Hill, CA
- Orlando, FL
- Ottawa, ONT
- Reno, NV
- South Bend, IN
- St Catharines, ONT
- West Richland, WA
- Windsor, ONT