Today, we headed down to one of the tri-cities, Pasco, and handed out 35 Bibles. In the evening, many of the saints from the eastern part of Washington came down to Richland to get ready for the upcoming blending conference. In the evening, we had a meeting where all the saints gathered to eat, and fellowship. Afterwards, we prepared sack lunches with all the saints, including the young people and children for the upcoming blending conference. The time was awesome!
Today, we attended a blending conference with about 120 saints in Eastern Washington. The speaking brothers covered material from the past winter training on Leviticus. In between the messages we had a time of lunch, and got to fellowship with several of the saints attending the meetings. The speaking was focused on experiencing Christ as the burnt offering and the sin offering, and it was very rich. Afterwards, we visited two saints in their homes in Richland. One of the families has been in the peripheral of the church life, so we hope that our visitation would have some profit and draw these saints to enter strongly into the church life.
2/7/18 Today we went to a park in Richland called Howard Amon Park, and we were able to pass out 28 Bibles. The brothers in Richland had a burden that we would visit some of the families and blend with them. In the evening time, we split up into two groups and visited two homes around the Richland area. Our experience at the saints’ home was very sweet. After dinner and fellowship we drove over to another saint’s home for prayer meeting. During the prayer meeting, some of the trainees went with a brother to visit some more saints. We feel that the Lord had an opportunity to release fellowship and blending through all our visits.
2/8/18 Today we began our day with coordination and fellowship. We then waited until 2pm and headed to a city called Walla Walla. We arrived at 3:15pm at met up with some Russia- speaking saints, and headed over to the downtown area. We were able to pass out 35 Bibles. Afterwards, we had a small group meeting at the Russian saints’ home. It was very sweet time of fellowship and singing, and we got to meet some of the children of this family and their friends.
- Pray for the visited families; that the Lord would revive them and bring them fully into the church life.
- Pray for the young Russian college students and their friends; that the Lord would be able to gain them during their college years.
- This upcoming weekend we have a local blending conference for the saints in Eastern Washington. - Pray that the Lord would be with the speaking brothers as they release the Lord’s burden, and bring all the saints safely.
Total: 14 Basic Elements of the Christian Life 35 Bibles
Today, we had our last Lord’s Day and prophesying meeting with the saints in Everett. During the prophesying meeting, the saints expressed their appreciation of our team’s presence there the past week, and the blending that took place during our stay. We believe the Lord really had an opportunity to supply the members in this locality through this trip, and we too were supplied and refreshed by them. This was our last day in Everett before our departure the following day.
Today, we left Everett in the morning and arrived at West Richland in the afternoon. The saints received us at West Richland with a warm welcome, and then allowed us to settle down in our hospitality. In the evening, we gathered at a local saint’s home for dinner and fellowship. At this home, the saints have a small building connected to a garage where the saints meet throughout the week. We were able to meet some of the saints, fellowship, and enjoy the Lord together before the week began.
Today, was our second day in West Richland, and we went out to distribute Bibles in Kennewick, one of the tri-cities. We headed to the downtown area to see if we can reach the public. There were not that many people walking around, but there were cars driving by on the small main road. We set up our table close to an intersection, as we were standing close to the intersection, we began to ask people if they would like a Bible as they drove up to the stop sign, and some began to receive the Bibles. We continued to do this, and by the end of our time there, we passed out 30 Bibles and 5 Basic Elements of the Christian Life. Praise the Lord, His word was able to get into these onesâ€™ hands.
In the evening, after a coordination time with the team, we went to visit the saints in two homes in Richland. In the first home, we had dinner and fellowship, and in the second home, we read some of the ministry and fellowshipped further. Praise the Lord for the house-to-house church life in Richland.
- Pray for the Bible recipients. That they would open the Bible and be touched by the recovered truth.
- Pray for the team, as we continue to go forth this week to preach the gospel and distribute Bibles. Some of our teams members got sick, and one of them is still recovering.
- Pray that the Lord would thoroughly blend His Body together while we are here with the saints in Richland.
Bibles distributed: 30
Basic Elements of the Christian Life: 5
Today was our activity day, and so we had some corporate morning revival in the morning, and we went to the Whidbey Island. A sister from Olympia and a couple who lives in Whidbey Island joined us, and we very much enjoyed this time. Then in the evening, we went to the home meeting at a local saintâ€™s home. We shared with them about our time with the contacts on Thursday and with the saints we prayed for this couple to be remaining fruit.
Today, we had lunch at the church house with the couple who lives there. Then, after truth pursuit, we had a meeting with the young people and the college students. About six young people and college students around the area came to spend time with us for dinner, singing, and fellowship. One college student mentioned that her goal is to come to the Full-Time Training. With her and another college student, we were able to share about opportunities to short-term at the Full-Time Training while they are in college.
- Continual prayer for these young people and the college students that they would continue to grow in the Lord, receive the burden concerning the Full-Time Training, and even some would be able to short-term.
- Continual prayer for our gospel contacts, especially the couple that we met on Thursday, that they would be able to make it to a Friday home meeting next week.
- Please pray for a good conclusion in Everett and connecting the students with the local saints as we will depart to West Richland on Monday (2/4) morning.
- Pray for the health of the trainees, two of us have been sick with a cold.
We had our last BfA Bible distribution at Everett Community College today. From 11 to 1pm we had a meet and greet with some of the students we met throughout the week at the Student Union Building. Students were able to stop by, have snacks and pizza, and fellowship or ask questions about the Bible. Some of us stayed at the BFA table to continue the distribution, simultaneously. We certainly had sweet and intimate fellowship with some very genuine seekers of the Lord. In total eight students responded and came again to fellowship with us at during this time. While there we were able to connect some to the local saints.
After our corporate truth pursuit, the trainees split into two groups. One group went to have dinner and blend in a local saint’s home, and another group went to the church house to meet a couple of contacts for dinner at the church house. This student was one that we met on campus with his fiancé and this evening she came with her daughter to spend time with us. The sisters from the surrounding area (Olympia and Mukilteo) came all the way to bring the meal for us. We thank the Lord for the sweet supply and coordination in the Body.
As we got to talk to these contacts we realized that one of them lives right next door to where a local saint works. We really sensed the Lord’s sovereign arrangement in bringing them to us. We each continued to share our testimonies, and one of our contacts even shed tears when sharing hers because of Lord’s great love in seeking after us even though we are not worthy. We all realized that we are just “a sinner that toucheth Him.” We are those who love much because we are forgiven much. At the end, we were able to invite them to tomorrow’s home meeting as well.
- 12 Bibles handed out
- 4 Wanted further contacts
- 10 Second Appointments (Second contact with our new gospel contact)
- 1 Prayed!
- Please pray for the continual shepherding of this young couple, that they would be remaining fruit.
- Continued contact and appointments with ones we met on campus, and at least two remaining fruits among these new ones.
- Supply and strengthen the local saints to take care of the new ones even when the trainees are gone.
- Continual blending and coordination between Everett and the saints from the surrounding area (Olympia and Mukilteo).
Today we had another BfA Bible distribution at Everett Community College. The weather has been pretty cold, nevertheless the Lord has been faithful to send some seekers to our table. Today, we asked a student to take a photo for us and we ended up talking to him and his friend. Eventually they both received a Bible. We invited all the students that wanted further contact to our time on Thursday at the Student Union Building. This will be a time for getting to know one another and fellowship. We also invited a couple to our church house the same day for dinner.
Statistics from today at Everett Community College:
- 9 Bibles handed out
- 5 Basic Elements of the Christian Life booklets handed out
- 7 signed up for further contact!
After truth pursuit, we drove to the house of a sister who lives in Standwood. There we had dinner, singing, and sweet fellowship. The saints also prayed for our times on Thursday and for our follow-up with contacts.
- Pray that the students would be released to come meet with us on Thursday, for a time of fellowship, asking questions about the Bible, etc.
- Pray that the couple that we invited would come to the church house on Thursday night and be gained as remaining fruit.
- Pray that the Lord would continue to strengthen and blend the saints in Everett and those who live in surrounding area (Standwood)
- Pray for tomorrow’s final BFA distribution in Everett and that the Lord would cover the trainees and the local saints’ health.
After prayer and coordination with some local saints, we had a BfA Bible distribution again at Everett Community College. We handed out 18 Bibles and had 8 recipients who requested further contact. Two of us trainees also had an appointment with a Seattle Pacific University freshman, who meets with the Church in Everett. We read the first few sections of A Blessed Human Life with her, and had some sweet fellowship about God being our inner content, particularly as our love, light, holiness and righteousness.
At the prayer meeting we prayed for the upcoming event on Thursday, a time of meal and fellowship with the contacts who are open. Some contacts have already confirmed with us that they can make it, and our prayer is that nothing would get in the way. We also prayed for migration of a young couple to Everett.
- Pray for the follow up, especially that the Lord will release His seekers to meet with us on Thursday lunch or dinner.
- Pray that the Lord would burden some to migrate to Everett.
Today we had our first Bible distribution with a BfA table at Everett Community College. Before we went out, we had some time of prayer and coordination with the local saints. Then, we set up the BfA table in front of the Student Union and handed out Bibles to the students who were walking by. We were all really surprised at the openness of the students, and we had some healthy conversations about the Lord with several genuine seekers of the Lord.
Statistics from today at Everett Community College:
- 17 Bible/Basic Elements booklets handed out
- 2 Tracts passed out
- 17 were contacted, given that the conversation lasted more than 30 seconds
- 8 signed up for further contacts!
Later in the evening, we had a little bit of truth pursuit and fellowship. Afterwards, some saints from Mukilteo, a small suburb in Seattle, came to join us at the house we are staying in. There were over 10 saints and one college student and the time was a real encouragement to us all. The saints blended with us, and prayed for us. One of the saints felt this time was a real breakthrough in regards to blending. Another brother, a student at Everett Community College, said that he had been praying for the campus work at his college, and feels like the Lord has answered his prayers through sending us. Praise the Lord!
- Pray for the Bible recipients, that they would open the Recovery Version Bible and read it!
- Pray for the follow-up the rest of the week with the students we contacted today.
- Pray that the saints in Everett and Mukilteo would have more opportunities to be blended together.
Today we participated in the Lord’s Table meeting in Everett with about 21 local saints and some visiting saints from the surrounding area. The table meeting was glorious, and we enjoyed the sweet blending with the saints regardless of difference in our locality, ethnicity, or age. Then we had the prophesying meeting from the HWMR, the Genuine Church Life, on the topic of the church life being the life of being headed up in Christ. Afterwards we had a love feast with the saints, which is something the saints in Everett do every week.
In the afternoon we did a short touring of downtown Seattle. Following we had dinner with a family in Seattle who attended the table meeting that morning. This couple also invited another family that lives in Seattle, and we had intimate fellowship in which we shared our training experiences.
Please pray for:
- Our first day of Bible distribution tomorrow (01/29) at Everett Community College:
- That the Lord would bless the trainees and the local saints with one accord.
- That we would meet many sons of peace, and that we would have at least one remaining fruit this week.
- Our appointment with a Seattle Pacific University student who meets in Everett on Tuesday, that the Lord would encourage her in her pursuit of the Lord.
This morning we joined a mini conference in Bellingham hosted at a local elementary school. There were approximately 34 saints from Everett, Bellingham, and Seattle who attended this conference and the topic was on the “Vital Groups.” The saints are very burdened for the God-ordained way and to be vitally related with one another for the increase of the church.
In the evening time we headed to the church house and had a time with some local young people and college students, for dinner, fellowship and singing. There were four high school students, three college students, and two couples attending. In total there were 16 people, with two of the high school students being new. Both of the new ones were friends brought by a local high school brother and sister, with one being an unbeliever.
Some of the trainees got to speak to this high schooler concerning the eternity in man’s heart and God being the only One who could fill this void. Although he didn’t receive the Lord right away, we gave his friend, our high school brother, the free study Bible to give to him on the way home. May the Lord gain this one!
- 1 Bible handed out.
- That our high school brother would be able to give the Recovery Version Bible to his friend, and that his friend would receive the Bible, receive the Lord, and be gained as a remaining fruit.
- That we would see these young people and college students again next Saturday for another time of gathering.
- That we would be able to see these college students again sometime this week.
- That the Lord would work out the practice of the vital groups among the saints in Everett and Bellingham.
Hallelujah for the church in Everett! Our team safely arrived here this afternoon. We first met all together at a beautiful house that the saints rented out for us. A full-timer from Seattle is staying with us here also. Then we all packed up in the van and drove to the church house in Everett where all the saints meet. Tonight we gathered there for dinner and fellowship as 12 local saints, one full-timer from another city, and four trainees.
During our fellowship, the saints asked some of the trainees to share their experiences being in the full time training, with particular interest in their experiences on gospel preaching and shepherding in the different gospel teams. The saints expressed a deep burden to gain the younger generation in Everett. They also shared the challenges they face in gaining the young ones here due to their work schedules, age, and lack of young people all together. Tomorrow we plan to join the saints by going to the conference in Bellingham for messages on the “Vital Group.” Then tomorrow night we will meet with the younger aged brothers and sisters who live in or near Everett.
- The conference in Bellingham, that the Lord would speak a fresh word and that the saints in Everett would corporately see a vision of the Vital Group.
- The meeting tomorrow night with the young people (high school/college) around this city, that the Lord would speak to these young people through the trainees’ testimonies.
- More opportunities to fellowship with the saints in Everett and to enter into their burdens for increase.
On Friday morning, we went door-knocking at the dorms and nearby neighborhood of the Pacific Northwest University. Although some people were not at home and we didn’t get many positive response, we got revived and realized we are the happiest Christians on earth. After dinner, we had our last wonderful blending time with the saints. We sang Hymn #1159 with three different languages (English, Spanish and Chinese). We can testify that though we all come from different backgrounds, we are one in the Lord. By partaking of Christ as our unique food, we can be one with other members in the Body.
On Saturday morning, we had a Bible study appointment with sister Sally’s family. We read the Samaritan woman’s story in John 4 and shared the gospel to her unbelieving parents. Praise the Lord, they called upon the Lord’s name with us and the salvation has come to this house. Later on, they committed to have this kind of Bible study every Saturday morning.
After this, we went to a gospel meeting at Yakima Convention Center. There are about 100 attendees in the meeting, including the saints and the new ones. A lot of saints from nearby churches attended meeting. One brother shared a short message on Matt. 16:13-17, the Church is being built up by Christ as the person, the revelation of Christ and by declaring the revelation. Following that, trainees and about 10 local saints shared what they have seen of this wonderful Christ. It was the first time to have such a big meeting take place in Yakima. We can all testify that the Lord is moving in a definite way here! And God’s glory and presence filled the meeting room!
- Please pray for the immigration and participation for the Lord’s move in Yakima.
- Please pray the Lord could continue His work in the new ones contacted last week.
- Total tracts distributed: 264
- Bibles distributed: 323
- Basic Elements of the Christian Life: 173)
- Bible Order Cards: 345
- Total people contacted (more than 30 seconds): ~400
- Total people who prayed with you: ~10
- Second appointments: 2
- Total regular appointments: ~5
- Total home visits: 2
Thank you all for your prayers for the gospel trip in Yakima.
On Wednesday, we had some recreation time with the saints. Then at night, we went to one of the saint’s house in Yakima and had a sweet blending time with the saints. After the love feast, we sang some hymns together and a couple of saints shared about the one new man and putting on the armor as the corporate warrior described in Ephesians 6. Following that, brother Mark shared with the saints about the universal and the local aspects of the church. Then, the trainees answered some questions about the training by the saints and also shared their testimonies of how they came to the training. The whole atmosphere of the meeting was very sweet and glorious!
On Thursday, we went to a nearby Walmart for tabling and Bible distribution in the morning. We set up two tables near the entrances, and some of the brothers from Spokane joined us for tabling! Although the weather was very cold, we enjoyed speaking with the sons of peace! We met one open family who moved from Anaheim to Yakima few years ago. We also met two young people who were open and positive, who also were youth leaders in their own church.
After lunch, we went to visit a co-worker of a local brother, who is also a sister that loves the Lord very much. Her husband was in a serious car accident and woke up from the coma not too long ago. She shared with us her testimony, how she trusted in the Lord in her husband’s recovery and how she stood for her faith against the persecution of her relatives. We sang with her family a couple of songs and also shared with her how our God is the God of hope. We also pray-read John 15:13 together. At the end, the sister was comforted and strengthened by our visitation. She was very happy we came.
- Bibles: 40
- Bible Order Cards: 9
- Basic Elements of the Christian Life, vol. 1: 18
- Gospel Tracts: 4
- The Lord will continue to bless all those who received the Bible and release them inwardly and outwardly to come to the gospel meeting on Saturday
- The Lord will bless the trainees and the local saints in Yakima with one accord, especially for their speaking in the gospel meeting
There is a high and awesome wheel in Yakima!
On Monday, we went to Yakima Valley Community College (YVCC) to set up the BfA table and hand out the Bible. Although we were not allowed to approach the students outside the table, many students were drawn to come to our table through our singing. Many open students talked with us at the table, and we shared our favorite verses with footnotes with them. We also invited them to our gospel meeting that will happen this Saturday in Yakima. We passed out 22 Bibles and got 12 positive contacts information.
On Tuesday, we invited one of the contacts we met in YVCC to have lunch with us. The local saints in Yakima jumped in to speak with her, and we had some good fellowship with her. Then, in the afternoon, few of us went to visit a couple in the area. Due to the language barrier, the local saints didn’t have the way to shepherd this couple. This couple runs a restaurant and has not been able to meet because of their busy schedule. By the end of our visitation, the whole family including their kid and grandparents were so warmed up by us. The wife invited us to come for another appointment this coming Saturday morning. The Lord did so much upon them through our short visit.
Immediately after that, we drove one and a half hour to the nearby locality, West Richland. Some saints from Yakima and Prosser joined us for this time. We had a wonderful fellowship time with local saints. After the love feast, we sang some songs, and all the trainees shared their testimonies of coming to the training. There are about three college students in Prosser area that have a desire to come to the training. The Lord’s presence and glory filled our meeting room as we enjoyed the Lord with the saints!
- Bible Order Cards: 3
- Bibles: 22
- Basic Elements of the Christian Life, vol. 1:19
- Please pray that these college students in the Prosser area will continue to pursue the Lord and come to the training after they graduate.
- Please pray for all the students in YVCC who received the Bible and for an adequate follow-up of the contacts.
On last Friday (Feb. 3), we went to Crescent city and spent a day to blend with the local saints. After the love feast, we had some precious time to sing and fellowship with the saints.
On Saturday (Feb. 4) we drove all the way from Medford to Yakima, Washington. On Lord’s Day morning, we participated in a Spanish radio broadcast program with the local saints, and we spoke the good news to the whole Yakima valley. As a team, we mainly used the verse Matt. 4:4 and many personal experiences to show how to enjoy the word of God. We had the experience of bearing the one burden and speaking in one mouth for God. We concluded the radio program by singing the song, “I Am the Living Bread”.
Immediately after the radio broadcast, we drove to the city of Prosser for the Lord’s Day blending meeting. The saints from Prosser, Yakima and West Richland come together to blend on the first Lord’s Day of each month. We were so encouraged and supplied by many saints who were filled in Spirit and spoke in boldness for the Lord during the prophesying meeting.
In the evening, we had a blending with the local saints in Yakima. There were four families and several new ones joining us. One young brother stood up and testified that he was saved for about a year and that he very much appreciated the shepherding from the saints. Tomorrow, we will start to preach the gospel at Yakima Valley Community College and the nearby neighborhoods.
- Please pray for the blending and building between the English and Spanish speaking saints. May that the Lord gain the genuine oneness among the saints.
- Please pray for the gospel preaching on the campus and the neighborhoods. Especially, please pray for the gospel meeting on the coming Saturday at the Yakima Convention Center.
On Wednesday our wonderful outing time started with rock climbing with the local saints then sightseeing around Ashland. The saints cherished us by showing us local attractions and treating us for desert.
Thursday morning we had a sister’s Bible Study at sister Ruth’s house. During this time we read John 13:1-11 and listened to the corresponding life-study radio broadcast message. In order to maintain a good fellowship with the Lord, we need to be washed by His word, life and Spirit. After the sister’s Bible study, we joined forces with the brothers at Rogue Community College (RCC) and the downtown library to continue handing out Bibles. Local saints were paired up with trainees to table and hand out Bibles around the area. The report was encouraging from the saints. Many students and locals were contacted and open to receive the Bible and some for future contact.
As usual we had another night of blending with the saints over the dinner table. From Lord’s day to Thursday we partake the food with exultation and simplicity of heart, just as it’s mentioned in Acts 2:26. The house-to-house love feast is just like family gathering to us. We spent much one-on-one time with the local saints and got to know them in a deeper way. In a span of five days, the saints are like letters inscribed on our hearts. May the Lord bless the Church in Medford! Especially bless the young people to love the Lord and the church!
- Please pray for the young people to have a heart to love the Lord and serve the church.
- Please pray that the Lord could increase the divine traffic in Medford through visitation of the saints.
On Monday morning, we had our coordination with the local saints. We began the time by singing hymns and sharing to one another. The saints here mentioned that they were somewhat apprehensive about gospel activities, but were willing to receive the supply from the Lord. 2 Cor. 12:9 says, “And He has said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” When we confess that we are weak, that is when the Lord can empower us.
Immediately after the coordination, we went to a neighborhood in Central Point for door-knocking. Although many people were Christians and have plenty of Bibles, they got interested in the Recovery Version Bible after we introduced its features. In the evening, we had a love feast and Bible study time. It was first time for many of new ones to experience a released singing. They felt it was very new and exciting.
Today after the coordination, we divided into two teams. One team did tabling at RCC (Rogue Community College) student union and downtown library. Another team went to the nearby neighborhood for door-knocking. It was very encouraging to see so many students interested in the Bible. One student told me that she just got baptized in January and she was so excited to receive a study Bible. She can’t wait to open and read it. A lot of students even asked about joining our singing time and Bible study. We really sensed that the Lord answered our prayers by softening their hearts.
- Bible Order Cards: 147
- Bibles: 95
- Gospel Tracts: 107
- Basic Elements of the Christian Life: 38
- Please pray for the follow-up with the contacts and their joining our Thursday night meeting.
- Please pray for our gospel preaching in the next few days.
Praise the Lord for the gospel trip in Medford, OR/Yakima, WA!
This morning we had a blending conference with some nearby saints. Around 50 people, including children, attended the conference. It was a very wonderful blending time between trainees and local saints. We got to know some precious local families in this area. It is such a testimony to see whole family members from little grandchildren to grandparents enjoy the church life. After the Lord’s Table meeting and prophesying meeting, we had a love feast with the saints and spent more time with them.
In the afternoon, we went for a hike at Upper Table Rock. During the two hour hike, we fellowshipped with some local saints and young people about our experience in the training. We became burdened for the young people to come to the training after they graduated. After the hike, we had the dinner with the saints and they shared their experience in the church life. Following that, we touched the Lord together by singing some hymns together in the end.
Starting from tomorrow we will have gospel activities by knocking on doors in the Medford area and distributing Bibles at a local community college.
- Please pray for the neighborhood gospel preaching in Medford area.
- Pray the young people could have more personal experiences with the Lord and consider the training after they graduate.
We spent the weekend blending with the saints in Eugene, Oregon. We went to the University of Oregon and passed out over 70 tracts, four Bibles, and prayed with three people to receive the Lord while on the gospel. The students were very open and friendly and willing to listen to our sharing.
The second day we set up a table for a BfA distribution on campus and even though the weather was cold, 27 Bibles were given to students and several of them were open to being contacted again. We also joined four ongoing appointments and the campus Bible study. That night there was a time with the young people from Eugene and surrounding localities. We had an enjoyable time singing with them and sharing our testimonies concerning our experience and enjoyment from the FTTA as an encouragement.
The third day we had a joint table meeting with several localities in Oregon, where we again had the privilege to blend with many saints from Oregon. We also had the opportunity to give a brief report of our trip and encourage the saints concerning the gospel by familiarizing them with the current distribution materials.
- Pray for the saints in Eugene to be built up and strengthened for the Lord’s testimony.
- Pray for the saints in their follow up with the contacts from the Bible distribution as well as with their existing contacts.
- Pray for the Lord to add to the church in Eugene.
- Today we are traveling from Salem to Eugene. While in Salem, we handed out 305 Bibles and Rhema sets, 71 tracts, contacted 203 people, prayed with 2 to receive the Lord, and had one of the local saints baptized.
- In regards to follow up we had three consecutive appointments with a man we met at our Walmart distribution who loves his Recovery Version Bible and is open to continue meeting with the saints to read and fellowship using it.
- We also had a follow up appointment with a student on campus who is open to continue to have a regular time to read the Bible with some of the local sisters.
- Another contact was visited in her home and was very positive and open to continuing to have a regular time in her home to read the Bible as well.
- We really believe the Lord has answered our prayers by filling the hands of the saints in Salem with what they can bear. We believe that the local saints were encouraged by the visit and fellowship from the team. May the Lord bless these contacts, strengthen the saints, and add to the church in Salem.
- Pray that the Lord would keep the saints in Salem praying steadfastly in one accord and being built up with one another through coordination and prayer.
- Pray that the Lord would bless the contacts they made during the distributions and be the bountiful supply of grace in their follow up and shepherding of them.
- Pray for the Lord to continue preparing ones for His purpose in Salem and to bring them in contact with the saints.
Today we distributed Bibles on two local campuses in Salem. There were many open and seeking students who received Bibles and were open to further contact.
While the response from the Bible distributions undoubtedly has been encouraging to us, the effect on the local saints has truly been the highlight of our trip. It has been so enjoyable to coordinate and labor with the saints here who recently took the ground again in Salem after many years and have a genuine desire to bear fruit. Not only are they actively entering into the labor during the Bible distributions but they themselves are being strengthened and encouraged.
One of the local brothers, who recently started meeting with the saints, is actively participating in the Bible distribution. Through interaction and fellowship with him we learned that he had not been baptized. Through fellowship and shepherding this brother decided to be baptized today! This was an answer to many prayers and an encouragement to all the saints in Salem. Praise the Lord for what He is doing in Salem!
- Pray for the follow up of the new contacts by the local saints and that the Lord would manifest the seeking ones.
- Pray that the local saints would continue to be encouraged and built up with one another as they continue to coordinate and serve together.
On Saturday, 1/24, we had three BfA distribution tables set up at three local Wal-Marts in Salem. Nearly all the local saints participated along with several saints from nearby localities. At each of the tables we met many positive contacts and were able to read people’s favorite verses to them and show them the corresponding footnotes. Many were encouraged or even shocked to see the riches in the Recovery Version footnotes and happily accepted a free study Bible with accompanying literature. In total we passed out 148 Bibles and ministry books, 47 tracts, and contacted 114 people, one of which prayed with us to receive the Lord.
On Lord’s Day, 1/25, we joined the Lord’s Table in Salem. Then we held a Bible seminar where we invited those given Bibles at the distribution tables as well as ones who received Bibles in the surrounding area. Though none of these contacts attended the seminar, one sister who has family that meets with the saints in California attended and was very helped by the seminar. She said that the seminar was what she needed. She received a Bible from her son but wasn’t very comfortable with using it. After the seminar she feels more comfortable and able to use her Recovery Version. Praise the Lord!
- We will be following up with the ones we distributed Bibles to at Wal-Mart to set up appointments for further contact with those open to being contacted. Please pray for the saints contacting these ones and for the Lord to prepare ones who are open and willing to meet with the saints and are seeking fellowship.
- We will be following up with the ones we distributed Bibles to at Wal-Mart to set up appointments for further contact with those open to being contacted. Please pray for the saints contacting these ones and for the Lord to prepare ones who are open and willing to meet with the saints and are seeking fellowship.
- We will be visiting two college campuses over the next two days for Bible distributions. Please pray for these two distribution times on the campuses in Salem.
Reports By City
- Chico, CA
- Clemson, SC
- Clovis, CA
- El Paso, TX
- Everett, WA
- Folsom, CA
- Hamilton, ONT
- Kalamazoo, MI
- Kitchener, ONT
- Laredo, TX
- Lawrence, KS
- Lethbridge, AB
- Manassas, VA
- Morgan Hill, CA
- Orlando, FL
- Ottawa, ONT
- Reno, NV
- South Bend, IN
- St Catharines, ONT
- West Richland, WA
- Windsor, ONT