On Wednesday, both universities were closed due to the weather. Regardless, we went to Western University and Fanshawe College, where we met students and handed out study Bibles. For these past 2 days, we have passed out 17 Bibles, and over 200 tracts. Four people called on the name of the Lord and one person got baptized. At Fanshawe, the saints met up with students to hand out Bibles and invite them to a seminar.
On Thursday morning, all the saints went door-knocking in London for an hour around the neighborhood of the hall. After 40 minutes of door-knocking, one team was invited into a home of a seeking Christians for some fellowship and prayer. She said she has been fasting and praying for London and recently told the Lord that she was looking for something more. The team invited her to a home gathering that evening in a home nearby and she came over for some sweet fellowship with the saints for about an hour.
One group of saints were invited to a home of the saints where they met a gospel contact for the second time. During the week, this gospel contact was invited to help the sisters cooking lunch at the hall. This time this new one was open to receive the Lord and was willing to be baptized.
Another two couples have been visiting local dormant saints and have been receiving a positive reception with saints inviting them back for more fellowship. Praise the Lord for His move in London.
- The Lord could recover more dormant saints through the visitations and shepherding
- All 3000 invitations would be handed out by the 70 saints participating before the seminar on Saturday
- The release of new and existing saints to attend the seminar
On Lord’s Day, February 3, we arrived in London, Ontario at 5:30 pm to be welcomed by a room full of singing saints. We were overwhelmed by all the joyous expressions radiating from their faces. A number of families from southwestern Ontario also joined us. Afterward the trainees and full-timers gave their testimonies to all the saints. Many of the saints from London and surrounding towns expressed their desire to have saints visit their homes this week.
On Monday morning, we enjoyed listening to the testimonies of some of the first “typical Canadians” to be gained in southern Ontario in the 1970s. We were all very encouraged and inspired to once again consecrate ourselves to the Lord for His up-to-date move. Today, in southern Ontario the Lord is doing the same thing that He did 30 years ago—He is moving in many families in this area from a Mennonite background and gaining them for His recovery.
On Tuesday, we had our first day on campus and door-knocking in the neighborhood of the meeting hall. At Fanshawe College, we met many open and seeking ones. One of them expressed his desire to find a Bible study on campus but was unable to find one. We passed out over 50 tracts and 15 Bibles. We also had two college students pray to receive the Lord! With more emphasis on appointments, the saints had three appointments with the college students. In the neighborhood of the meeting hall, a team of saints went door-knocking in a townhouse complex where they were warmly welcomed by refugee families, predominantly from the Middle East.
On Tuesday evening, about 50 saints gathered for a glorious prayer meeting at the meeting hall in London to pray for GTCA and other prayer requests. Another team of five saints drove to Windsor to join the prayer meeting with the saints there and to visit three students at the University of Windsor.
- At Western University and Fanshawe, core students and saints to rise up for the creation of a club for the Lord to move on these two campuses.
- Many existing and new contacts to come to the upcoming seminar on Saturday, February 9th to find out the mystery of their human life.
- The college students at Windsor to have continual follow-up from the saints in neighboring localities.
We held our seminar on the “Mystery of the Human Life” at the Vellore Village Community Center. We had seven new contacts come, and 65 attendees in total. It was an incredible time of mutual fellowship and learning with everyone that attended. A new seeking couple came who were very open to learn and enjoy the Lord with us.
We were split up into four different teams to go to the Lord’s Table in Mississauga, Toronto, Brampton, and Richmond Hill.
We began the evening with a love feast and orientation for all full-time and part-time participants. We had at least 17 full-time participants, including seven FTTA trainees and up to 50 part-time participants throughout the week. We were divided into six teams to go out to York University, Keele Campus and Seneca College, King Campus; door-knocking in the neighborhood of the Vellore Village Community Center where we held the Bibles for Canada seminar; Go-Train stations in Vaughan, and visitations of dormant saints in the area.
We handed out close to 5000 seminar invitations with tracts and 229 Bibles with tracts. We joined the Christian Students at York club for three afternoons of the week to distribute Bibles and invitations.
- The Lord may make His home in the hearts of the seven new contacts and that they will be open to receive further contact from the saints
- The hearts of the people in the city of London be soft and open to the Lord
- Stir up the local saints in London to participate in the gospel trip
The six teams are continually going strong to spread the gospel to the different campuses and neighborhoods. Throughout the week, some teams have been going to the University of Toronto-Mississauga and McMaster University, York University, and Seneca College. We’ve been having Bible studies and appointments in all the colleges with existing and new contacts. With the seminar coming up, the teams passed out over 3,086 invitations, 270 free Bibles. In addition, 11 people prayed to receive the Lord!
Yesterday, we went to home meetings. With many children, the trainees held their own miniature neighborhood children’s meeting. It was an ecstatic time with all the saints praising and enjoying the Lord together.
- That at least 50 new ones would come to the seminar on this Saturday!
- The weather this coming Saturday for the seminar would be warm to not hinder anyone from coming
- All those who have been contacted would be open for further contact
We have been divided into six separate teams consisting of trainees, full-timers, and local saints. The goal is to invite new and pre-existing contacts to a seminar on Saturday, February 2 on the topic of the “Mystery of your Human Life”. With 5,000 invitation printed, all the saints are extremely burdened for this seminar. The six teams are stationed in numerous locations including York University, Seneca University, three different Go train stations, and fresh neighborhoods to door-knock. Even with the snowstorm, all the saints jubilantly praised the Lord while spreading the high gospel!
One brother recounted an experience that while at York University, his team met a student who was an atheist. When his team handed him a gospel tract, he became closed to them. However, one of the sisters in the group said, “Do you know what the purpose of your life is?” As he began to ponder on this statement, we then started to preach the gospel to him, and it was not long before he received a free Bible from BfC.
We have passed out over 350 tracts/invitations, 15 Bibles, have helped 2 to pray to receive the Lord, and have had 1 appointment.
- The Lord bless York University, Seneca University, the Go train stations, and so many homes to be open for the incoming seminar for His word to be spoken.
- That the Lord may cover the weather during this trip.
- Pray that the contacts on the campuses and in the communities will be followed up and be brought to the seminar.
As a prelude to our GTCA in Vaughan and London, the team visited the church in Toronto. The sisters went to uptown Toronto and the brothers downtown Toronto to a Friday night meeting. At the meeting, there were numerous college students from the University of Toronto and York University.
- The Lord may continue to gain and dispense Himself into the college students in Toronto.
- That the Lord may cover the entire team during this trip; the weather is a lot colder than expected
- The Lord may open up suitable venues in Vaughan and London for all the saints to contact seekers, and to distribute the Bible so that the truth in the Word may be released to the sons of peace.
Reports By City
- Amarillo, TX
- Birmingham, AL
- Burnaby, BC
- Canyon, TX
- Clemson, SC
- Clovis, CA
- Edmond, OK
- Fresno, CA
- Hayward, CA
- Jackson, MS
- London, ONT
- Manassas, VA
- Manchester, NH
- Morgantown, WV
- Orlando, FL
- Palo Alto, CA
- Pearland, TX
- Phoenix, AZ
- St Louis, MO
- Stillwater, OK
- The Woodlands, TX
- Vaughan, ONT